[GAME OVER] Marvel Endgame Mafia

Jeod

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

The math is sound, but what about the value of everyone using their ability?  Though obviously if we manage to lynch scum we don't want them using their ability anyway.

I say this as someone who is on the fence.  I wouldn't mind lynching, but I don't really want to lynch Irish in particular.

This is why I call it worst case scenario. It assumes that we always lynch incorrectly and the NK always happens. Because it is CYOR, I know this is less likely than usual.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Nevermind, I see I just put N2 twice in the second example but everything else is right.

Ok, that would explain it since it would end on N4 instead then barring any abilities coming into play...

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

Isn't the usual point of the math in the first place to see if the game ends on a day or night phase?

Indeed, which is why I marked Day 4 as LYLO in example 1, and MYLO in example 2, because as long as the NKs succeed, D4 is the last chance in both examples.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

This is why I call it worst case scenario. It assumes that we always lynch incorrectly and the NK always happens. Because it is CYOR, I know this is less likely than usual.

Fair enough.  I had been typing more in regards to this, but that perspective pretty much satisfies the further points I was going to make.

##Vote Mojoman

If we're going to do this, I'd prefer to do it with an actual read.  Mojoman is my only actual read, and while I do tend to unnecessarily agro on him, the neutral joke sits wrong with me.  Even though he retracted it, it could still be a "soft" claim, or a claim of someone who needs to link up with a partner they've know they have but aren't in contact with or something.

Not the best of reads (and it's D1), but I think it's a better vote than Irish which seems to just be "no reason".

@Jeod I see it says that Mafia win condition depends on matching Town numbers. I want to get ahead of this now and clarify this before it becomes an issue. With 3rd Party and Neutrals probably in the game, then it's possible Mafia could meet this condition before having control of the vote. Does Mafia only need to match Town, or do they need to match the combined numbers of all alignments?

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

@Jeod I see it says that Mafia win condition depends on matching Town numbers. I want to get ahead of this now and clarify this before it becomes an issue. With 3rd Party and Neutrals probably in the game, then it's possible Mafia could meet this condition before having control of the vote. Does Mafia only need to match Town, or do they need to match the combined numbers of all alignments?

As usual they need to control the vote by outnumbering everyone, and even if they control the vote, if there's a day action that can kill a scum member, the game won't end.

Just now, Jeod said:

As usual they need to control the vote by outnumbering everyone, and even if they control the vote, if there's a day action that can kill a scum member, the game won't end.

Which to be fair, still means that Neutral and TP roles could ally with Mafia anyways for the same effect.

7 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

##Vote Mojoman

If we're going to do this, I'd prefer to do it with an actual read.  Mojoman is my only actual read, and while I do tend to unnecessarily agro on him, the neutral joke sits wrong with me.  Even though he retracted it, it could still be a "soft" claim, or a claim of someone who needs to link up with a partner they've know they have but aren't in contact with or something.

Not the best of reads (and it's D1), but I think it's a better vote than Irish which seems to just be "no reason".

I don't trust anyone except for town. Especially after a certain neutral in the Halloween CYOR...

Just now, Shade939 said:

Which there was a rather obvious hint in the form of your Scummy protective ability.

A vampire's gotta do what a vampire's gotta do.

Though before we get sidetracked going down memory lane, let me be clear that I'm not exactly disagreeing with this sentiment :p

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

A vampire's gotta do what a vampire's gotta do.

Though before we get sidetracked going down memory lane, let me be clear that I'm not exactly disagreeing with this sentiment :p

It did win you the game, since otherwise I was going to role block you that night. :v

Just now, Shade939 said:

In all fairness, if he is then then only reason why we'd know is because he told us he is.

People have done so before.  And like I said, if unscrupulous people need to link up or something it might be a signal.

Just now, Jeod said:

Has anyone seen my "order of resolution" post anywhere? I remember making one, but I can't remember which game I posted it in.

I don't think it was this game.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Has anyone seen my "order of resolution" post anywhere? I remember making one, but I can't remember which game I posted it in. 

I don't recall seeing one, so I might have been really far back.

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

People have done so before.  And like I said, if unscrupulous people need to link up or something it might be a signal. 

I don't think it was this game.

I don't' think anyone telling us he's a Neutral Player day one views themselves as a threat needing to hide from Town.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I don't' think anyone telling us he's a Neutral Player day one views themselves as a threat needing to hide from Town.

Maybe it's because I'm operating on very little sleep, but I don't quite get what you mean.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Would you claim to be a Neutral player day one if you were worried about being lynched?

Yeah. If I was non-town and thought I could pull off a successful gambit I would. Claiming anything but town carries inherent risk of being lynched.

Just now, Shade939 said:

Would you claim to be a Neutral player day one if you were worried about being lynched?

So you're saying if this is some kind of sign, maybe Mojo has some kind of lynch protection or there's another factor which makes such a claim less risky? I guess the thought did occur me, but that's sort of immaterial to whether or not it is a sign.  Just because he's got his bases covered, potentially, doesn't mean we can't be suspicious.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

So you're saying if this is some kind of sign, maybe Mojo has some kind of lynch protection or there's another factor which makes such a claim less risky? I guess the thought did occur me, but that's sort of immaterial to whether or not it is a sign.  Just because he's got his bases covered, potentially, doesn't mean we can't be suspicious.

I'd rather test a theoretical lynch protection of a neutral than no lynch. But let's see if we can get some more info from Mojo.

##vote Mojoman

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'd rather test a theoretical lynch protection of a neutral than no lynch. But let's see if we can get some more info from Mojo.

##vote Mojoman

I mean, the other alternative is Irish, but that wagon appears motivated by personal animosity.  Unfortunately, I don't regard that as alignment indicative of the people leading that charge.  Brigitte and Louis, though we have very limited data on both, appear to be aggressive players and may very well press Irish as town.