W3D Hub Development Update - 2019

OWA

Those aren't eyes. Think about it for a minute, or at least that's how I see it. You must have a certain mind to see what it truly is! Anyway, from that we finally get the road map. It looks really bright, though I hope we will have a lot of updates this year and hopefully we can finally see an Apocalypse Rising release!

I was wondering what that Renegade thing was in the launcher. Nothing was mentioned of it so I had assumed they could be making a Renegade-base remake. I was right that it was Ground Zero, but I was also wrong because it was meant for the importation of other Renegade servers such as the MPF and Jared's co-op server. This all looks promising so I hope we will have more news on the new TSR 2.0!

Good post. :)

9 hours ago, OWA said:

We're currently undertaking a pretty major overhaul of our codebase

[blurb]We've got big news for Renegade players, W3D Modders and fans in our big update for 2019! Come and read more right here![/blurb][thumb]thumb_w3d.0.png[/thumb]

That is putting it lightly. I suspect it will be a (very technical) topic of its own at some point. For those curious right now; It is effectively a process of rebuilding a gigantic portion of the codebase to be more optimal to work with for programmers and more closely follow modern game engine standards, and it will ultimately allow for a much more streamlined, modular, development approach.

4 hours ago, GraYaSDF said:

Can you, please, make that W3D-plugin for 3D Blender, so we can rig animations and bones there. Anyway... it is GOOD update, and damn WWSkin is finally deprecated.

Sadly as Jon said we have no Blender plugin programmers. We also have no one around to test such plugin if it got made, as everyone here uses 3DS Max. 

17 hours ago, Raap said:

Sadly as Jon said we have no Blender plugin programmers. We also have no one around to test such plugin if it got made, as everyone here uses 3DS Max. 

I use:

- 3D Blender
- 3D Google SketchUp
- 3D Sculptor (a bit, not actively)
- 3D Studio Max
- SolidWorks

Unfortunately, I cannot help with programming of plugins for these five 3D-editors, I am only programming Renegade and Adobe Flash games/mods, also a bit of LUA-mods for Avorion. Sorry about that...

I'm facing a roadblock to joining any Renegade servers in the form of Origin.  How do I get around having to sign in to Origin first before the game will start from the launcher. Then Origin only starts stock Renegade with no option to join the server, even with Ren minimsed.

Thank You for any help.

4 hours ago, GibbletsnBits said:

I'm facing a roadblock to joining any Renegade servers in the form of Origin.  How do I get around having to sign in to Origin first before the game will start from the launcher. Then Origin only starts stock Renegade with no option to join the server, even with Ren minimsed.

Thank You for any help.

If you download and install TT's Scripts 4.6 package, that should fix all of your problems. :)

You can get it here: http://www.tiberiantechnologies.org/files/scripts-4.6.exe

6 hours ago, Raptor29aa said:

Good work guys. I am surprised at the speed in which you guys work, btw shouldn't there be a link to the Mammoth Editor?

Mammoth is not compatible with Renegade, it is specific to the 5.x code branch. You can currently test-drive it to create APB content in the APB SDK.

A W3D Dev Kit is still in the works, but I do not know what the current plans for that are, as it isn't quite ready yet for public usage.