Invitation to Mafia Championships Seasons 6

OrangeP47

Hey guys, it's that time again apparently!  I'll just go ahead and share the invitation directly so everyone can take a look at it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9x7nJkSPmv1ZtSKFdSmLsvD4DQoX13i2MA9VG5p4W4/edit

Some key highlights:

1)  Step one is to accept the invitation.  I'm like 99% sure we're all in agreement to go ahead and do that.  After that we have until April 26 to pick our representative, but the sooner the better.  We also need a backup.

2)  These games demand high activity.  They're generally large games (this year's setup is 17 players), and each player is required to make 10 posts per phase, for a minimum of 170 posts per day (and likely tons more), so it's not for the faint of heart.

3)  The time frame is from late April to June (though longer if our representative does well).  From experience, everyone generally submits their preferred hammer time, phase length, schedule availability, etc, into a doc, and then you're all grouped based around sticking to what works for each player, so in that regard the tournament is quite flexible.

4)  With that in mind, in addition to discussion here, we can take volunteers that think they can keep up with that strenuous pace.  I'd say give this thread a week, then we make a poll with all the volunteers, probably multiple choice, first place is our rep, second place our backup.  Generally a democratic selection method is preferred, but if we have few volunteers or there's just a general consensus we can just nominate people directly I suppose.

In a less official capacity, I will say we usually try to rotate our nominee.  I was last year's representative.  However, seeing as I'm the one with the most free time and activity, I'll again place my name in the hat, simply so we have at least one person who's capable of actually participating if no one else wants to.

Feel free to discuss down below, or throw your own hat into the ring.  Like I said, let's give it a week to see who all wants the job, then we'll have the poll.

Representative Candidates

OrangeP47

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

If nobody else volunteers, that not only means I get the spot, but it means I can unilaterally name Shade as my backup.  You guys don't want that now, do you? ;)

I think the Mafia Championships could do with some Shade shenanigans. :v

I guess by this point it's just me.  You fine with me just picking a backup?  I still do actually want Shade as a backup, but I think he declined (he's not very clear on it).  If not I asked Sunflower.

• 2 weeks later...