Killing_You    None
Louis    TheIrishMan
Mojoman    TheIrishMan
Nodlied    Category 5
OrangeP47    No Lynch
Retaliation    None
TheIrishMan    None

Lead    TheIrishMan

So I'm not sure what game Chopbam is playing with these roleclaims, but I think I'd be more comfortable with them under a day 1 no lynch.

##vote nolynch

6 minutes ago, Louis said:

@TheIrishman scum read I'm not removing my vote on ya

How could you have a scum read when he's made less than 5 posts? When you voted on him before he even posted?

20 minutes until Hammer.

Player Vote
Brigitte TheIrishMan
Category 5 Hurricane No Lynch
ChopBam Category 5
Killing_You None
Louis TheIrishMan
Mojoman TheIrishMan
Nodlied Category 5
OrangeP47 No Lynch
Retaliation No Lynch
TheIrishMan No Lynch
Lead No Lynch

29 minutes ago, Louis said:

@TheIrishman scum read I'm not removing my vote on ya

22 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

How could you have a scum read when he's made less than 5 posts? When you voted on him before he even posted?

Lover’s quarrel?

Night One

You have decided to not lynch anyone today, allowing all of you to proceed peacefully home for the night to begin preparing for the next day.

Player Vote
Brigitte TheIrishMan
Category 5 Hurricane No Lynch
ChopBam Category 5
Killing_You None
Louis TheIrishMan
Mojoman TheIrishMan
Nodlied Category 5
OrangeP47 No Lynch
Retaliation No Lynch
TheIrishMan No Lynch
Lead No Lynch

Day 2 will start in 24 hours, as usual Night Post are limited to two post per player and try to get in any night actions at least one hour before day start.

A further note on player actions, each of you at most only has 1 unique character action so all you need to do is designate your target in this setup.

On 5/15/2018 at 6:51 AM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Alright. So, here's the deal. I have a better gambit than TheIrishman.

One thing we need to avoid this game is having our cop killed before he has given his reports. We don't have many days or nights in this setup, so we need cop reports starting right away to help us narrow the field.

Obviously the trouble here is that it's risky having a cop claim, because it can draw a counter-claim, and then you can't know which claim is true and then you have to lynch one or the other to find out, and that doesn't often work out that well. There is also a potential trap involved in testing guilty reports because of the Miller.

So the alternative plan is that EVERYONE CLAIMS TO BE THE COP. AND I MEAN EVERYONE.

How this works is that from here on out, each player's opening post for the day should include a Cop report. Everyone who isn't the cop just makes one up. The real cop will be able to hide among the others and tell us the investigation results without directly exposing himself to counter-claim games. If at any point in the game the cop turns up dead, we will then have the entire investigation history of the cop.

Now, one of the counter arguments to this strategy is that everyone claiming a report will help scum narrow down who the cop actually is, because they will know when people have wrong reports. However, I figure this will actually make the scum want to avoid killing the cop, because as soon as the cop is killed, the reports that have already been made instantly turn against them like a time bomb. The only way for them to avoid this problem is if they holster the janitor shot hoping that they figure out who the cop is before they use it, which is itself an advantage for us because they'll have to allow early kills to be revealed and will leave them unable to pretend to be the dead role.

So yeah. All of you. First post of the Day. Investigation Report. Or you will feel the wrath of Nepgya Myrthra!

Last time, TheIrishman made an aggressive plan to try to flush scum out my asking everyone to mass claim. This time he's got nothing. Just kinda floated through the first phase. It's an entirely different mindset and is the reason why I pressured him. While as I said before, I never wanted to lynch anyone D1, TheIrishman is actually someone I am suspicious of.

Yeah, I quickly edited the Nepgya name out from the original quote and typo'd it. Whoops. 

Pyra's better anyway. Mythra's just sassier. And I expect to use plenty of sass.

On 5/15/2018 at 6:51 AM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

One thing we need to avoid this game is having our cop killed before he has given his reports. We don't have many days or nights in this setup, so we need cop reports starting right away to help us narrow the field.

Obviously the trouble here is that it's risky having a cop claim, because it can draw a counter-claim, and then you can't know which claim is true and then you have to lynch one or the other to find out, and that doesn't often work out that well. There is also a potential trap involved in testing guilty reports because of the Miller.

So the alternative plan is that EVERYONE CLAIMS TO BE THE COP. AND I MEAN EVERYONE.

How this works is that from here on out, each player's opening post for the day should include a Cop report. Everyone who isn't the cop just makes one up. The real cop will be able to hide among the others and tell us the investigation results without directly exposing himself to counter-claim games. If at any point in the game the cop turns up dead, we will then have the entire investigation history of the cop.

Now, one of the counter arguments to this strategy is that everyone claiming a report will help scum narrow down who the cop actually is, because they will know when people have wrong reports. However, I figure this will actually make the scum want to avoid killing the cop, because as soon as the cop is killed, the reports that have already been made instantly turn against them like a time bomb. The only way for them to avoid this problem is if they holster the janitor shot hoping that they figure out who the cop is before they use it, which is itself an advantage for us because they'll have to allow early kills to be revealed and will leave them unable to pretend to be the dead role.

Yeah I get that but isn't it kinda dumb because if everyone does that the you won't know who's telling the truth, it's just too confusing.

We won't know who the cop is until they die, and then the truth will come out. I get that it's a smart play but for me I don't want to be involved in it, lol and because I'm a bit lazy. I just think that it'll be too confusing to listen to everyone's "COP CLAIM" and fish out who's telling the truth.

Also, I know I voted Irish but that's because I'm messing with him. Now he may or may not be town but it's natural to doubt someone on the first day.

So, ehm.... Just a non-game related post. A family member had an accident a few days ago and I've been rather busy with that ever since. I don't know if I'll be able to post much, that all depends on whether or not his surgery goes well today. I'll keep you guys updated.

4 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

So, ehm.... Just a non-game related post. A family member had an accident a few days ago and I've been rather busy with that ever since. I don't know if I'll be able to post much, that all depends on whether or not his surgery goes well today. I'll keep you guys updated.

Let us know if you need a replacement, @FRAYDO might be willing to sub in. Hope all goes well.

12 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Let us know if you need a replacement, @FRAYDO might be willing to sub in. Hope all goes well.

Thanks Jeod, I'll see him in about half an hour, so we'll see how his surgery went. If he's doing well I may have enough time to continue playing. If not, I'll let you lads know.

Day Two

Meeting up at the start of a new day you quickly discover one of your numbers is missing. As you investigate his house you discover that during the night Category 5 Hurricane was murdered by the Mafia. Unfortunately the crime scene appears to have been cleaned up before your arrival, and you cannot determine his role or alignment.

Night Two starts in 48 hours.

Player Vote
Brigitte  
ChopBam  
Killing_You  
Louis  
Mojoman  
Nodlied  
OrangeP47  
Retaliation  
TheIrishMan  
Lead  

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Category 5 Hurricane was murdered by the Mafia. Unfortunately the crime scene appears to have been cleaned up before your arrival, and you cannot determine his role or alignment.

Well if he was murdered by the mafia, I don't think he was mafia :p