[GAME OVER] Open Janitorial Mafia - Round 2

Jeod

Being that I really don't think it's Orange at this point,

##vote Brigitte

I pegged KY as scum on D2 and followed all of yesterday's logic, not taking the opportunity (when there was one) to protect Mojoman or to try to find some target outside of Mojoman.

I've also guessed a couple days ago that Cat5 was our doctor, which is unfortunate. But whatever, we've won.

2 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

While still giving Brigitte a chance to make her case, I will say this is kinda funny as probably the first time ever I *don't* scumread Chop.

He's been nothing but disruptive the whole game, trying to misdirect information, and claiming all the roles

short of that we've not really played the game much.

4 hours ago, ChopBam said:

Being that I really don't think it's Orange at this point,

##vote Brigitte

I pegged KY as scum on D2 and followed all of yesterday's logic, not taking the opportunity (when there was one) to protect Mojoman or to try to find some target outside of Mojoman.

Pegging KY as scum and then not protecting your scum mate doesn't rule you out as a Scum player. If anything, it sounds like you jokingly said KY was scum then when it's happened you went with the "oh i called it guys hahahah!!!"

I stand by my accusation of you being Scum.

##Vote Chopbam

On 5/12/2019 at 7:38 AM, TheIrishman said:

Since actions can't be changed within an hour. I will say that there are only 3 people left who could be the cop if we're assuming Cat5 wasn't the cop. Myself, Orange, or Brigitte.

Even Irish, before his untimely death, Was reading Cop for Myself and Orange, Chopbam was nowhere to be seen

2 hours ago, Brigitte said:

He's been nothing but disruptive the whole game, trying to misdirect information, and claiming all the roles

If anything, it sounds like you jokingly said KY was scum then when it's happened you went with the "oh i called it guys hahahah!!!"

So according to you, I was joking when placing three posts putting pressure on KY, before anybody else put real pressure on him. But I was not joking when claiming a bunch of obviously silly things on D1 and D2 when we had very little information to go on at all. Makes sense.

Even Irish, before his untimely death, Was reading Cop for Myself and Orange, Chopbam was nowhere to be seen

Note that the post of Irish's you're quoting is quite outdated. Irish said later on, when he had much more information to go on, that he's 95% sure you're scum. Why place veracity into Irish's less informed post and completely ignore his more informed newer posts?

I don't see the votes changing anytime in the next 24 hours, therefore I see no need to further prolong this trial.

Player Vote
Brigitte ChopBam
ChopBam Brigitte
OrangeP47 Brigitte
Lead Brigitte

DGS at NicoNico Chou Kaigi (Update 3: Gameplay footage ...

Brigitte was the lawyer! Town wins!

Game Log

Scumdoc

Deaddoc

Accolades:

Retaliation - The ol' good cop/bad cop - Scum got the doc on the first night, so your strategy as the cop really put town in a better position to win given the circumstances--you and ChopBam got scum to hit the Oracle, actually. However...

Killing_You - Naked Luck - If KY hadn't been revealed by the Oracle, I think scum would have put up a much stronger fight. KY was really the only one in the right scum position to counterclaim cop, but NodDO sealed the deal for him before he had a chance, leaving scum with zero chance at countering Retaliation.

Shade939 - I'm the real GM here - Thanks for doing a lot of the work. My employer has kicked things into high gear the past two weeks and so I haven't had a lot of time to mod during the critical moments. You're definitely prepared to run a game. However, it wouldn't be right if I didn't question if you were prepared to balance a game. ;)

The thread is now open for feedback. @VERTi60, you can start your Star Wars Mafia II signups any time.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

TBH it builds my confidence as I'm pretty sure the last game on MU I was being taken to F3 specifically because I was going to screw up this exact situation as town.  Good to get it right.

Do you think you would have changed your mind if you were given the full 24 hours left? Personally I couldn't think of anything Brigitte could say to sway your opinion.

Just now, Jeod said:

Do you think you would have changed your mind if you were given the full 24 hours left? Personally I couldn't think of anything Brigitte could say to sway your opinion.

Not really.  I really felt it was my job as the spewed town to be open minded.... but eh... honestly... I'd made up my mind.  That's why I posted.  On most sites, votes are "locked" in MYLO anyway and you can't change, in addition to early hammer on normal days at maj.

I think this game, especially compared to the last, is very telling. At first, this setup seems weighted heavily in scum's favor. This was accentuated by last game, where they both cleaned the cop kill and knew where the Oracle was due to a claim. Neither of those things happened, and as a result we had a much more difficult time trying to coordinate. Not just for the nightkill, but also for constructing our arguments.

I also think that the "everyone claim cop" plan is a bad idea. As shown here, we were able to narrow the potential cop down rather easily based on claims, and we only misfired because the real cop lied. However, if Retal told the truth, that probably would've been it for him. All it seems to do is help scum.

All in all, I think this is a fairly well balanced setup. I'd like to play it another time just to be sure, but it definitely feels right.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Also, everyone clap your hands and say it with me:  "Orange was right about Louis!"

I'll give you half points. I don't think you would have objected to lynching Louis if I told you I had a mafia result on her.

2 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I think this game, especially compared to the last, is very telling. At first, this setup seems weighted heavily in scum's favor. This was accentuated by last game, where they both cleaned the cop kill and knew where the Oracle was due to a claim. Neither of those things happened, and as a result we had a much more difficult time trying to coordinate. Not just for the nightkill, but also for constructing our arguments.

I also think that the "everyone claim cop" plan is a bad idea. As shown here, we were able to narrow the potential cop down rather easily based on claims, and we only misfired because the real cop lied. However, if Retal told the truth, that probably would've been it for him. All it seems to do is help scum.

All in all, I think this is a fairly well balanced setup. I'd like to play it another time just to be sure, but it definitely feels right.

Mass cop claims would have been worth it if the doc wasn't janitor'd night one imo. Still let me sneak in my innocent result on Orange without anyone realizing until it was too late.

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

I'll give you half points. I don't think you would have objected to lynching Louis if I told you I had a mafia result on her.

I wouldn't have, but only because I wasn't paying enough attention to remember the miller at that time.  If I'd remember the miller I might have still objected.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

I'm also disappointed no one tried to lynch Orange this game, despite the fact he was a pretty easy target this game. :p

There's thing thing lately where people try really bad arguments against me when perfectly good arguments exist that nobody uses.  It happened in the MU game I played too.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

There's thing thing lately where people try really bad arguments against me when perfectly good arguments exist that nobody uses.  It happened in the MU game I played too.

Didn't even try to accuse ChopBam of being Scum. :p

7 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I'm pretty certain the only reason Town won was because of the Oracle, otherwise Town would have likely gone for another mislynch that day and lost to a NK.

Maybe? KY being outed shutdown discussion for the day. I might have figured out brig and mojo were scum earlier than the end of the day if stuff was happening.

9 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I wouldn't have, but only because I wasn't paying enough attention to remember the miller at that time.  If I'd remember the miller I might have still objected.

If you're going to be paralyzed by the thought of the result being wrong, the cop might as well not exist.