[Game Over] Game of Thrones Conquest Mafia RPG

VERTi60

6 hours ago, Louis said:

Wait why are you guys voting for rubeci?

Jeod appears to think he's sucking up too much which is suspicious.  I'd say fair enough, though maybe that could cast doubt on Sunflower too but she seems more genuine.  Plus yesterday rubeci was a shade supporter and Sunflower was Jeod from the start.

8 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Well Verti did mention 3 potential houses he'd add if we had enough people, which is what I assumed he meant. But if the independent isn't one of them, my bet would be on The Iron Bank of Braavos, maybe they'd hire The Golden Company though.

My role leads me to believe it is not the Iron Bank, and definitely not the Golden Company.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'll admit, I was more thinking of doing it overnight and just posted when I woke up.  The fact that retal wants it too is kinda suspicious...

Has he actually posted anything besides his vote on Rubeci?

Just now, Voe said:

Has he actually posted anything besides his vote on Rubeci?

He was clowning around, and kinda joke voted me earlier, then said (seriously) that he didn't actually want to vote me, but didn't remove his vote.

So after waking up more and considering it, do we want to switch to Retal?  Normally I wouldn't defer to Jeod so much, but he's basically confirmed loyalist, so he has weight, even if he still has the possibility to be as wrong as ever.

40 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

So after waking up more and considering it, do we want to switch to Retal?  Normally I wouldn't defer to Jeod so much, but he's basically confirmed loyalist, so he has weight, even if he still has the possibility to be as wrong as ever.

Retaliation doesn't have much content, but that doesn't make him any more of a consideration than rubeci. He isn't Old Gods, so if he stayed loyalist then he doesn't have anything to discuss or look forward to yet.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Retaliation doesn't have much content, but that doesn't make him any more of a consideration than rubeci. He isn't Old Gods, so if he stayed loyalist then he doesn't have anything to discuss or look forward to yet.

I'd say he's still acting a bit suspiciously.

Just now, Jeod said:

How do you figure?

I already laid out my points, but I'll repeat myself ONCE :p

1) He was a rival claimant.  That in itself increases his inherent rebel value.

2) He's been around, but not really engaged, so he's had ample opportunity to actually contribute if he actually wanted to.  I don't subscribe to the fact that he'd have to be of an active religion to contribute.  He still has a brain and can think for himself, and that's more important.  His joke vote could have been probing for an actual mislynch, normally I wouldn't put too much weight on it, but the fact he later says he doesn't actually want to vote there but does not actually unvote is a bit suspicious.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

I agree with your points, but I still don't feel that it has merit over rubeci. I could go either way and be fine. Any others want to weigh in on rubeci vs Retaliation?

I've already listed three different reasons why I"m against lynching someone today largely because of the lack of proof directed at them and the damage it should be guaranteed to cause to the Kingdom.

Hopefully, you have a bit more proof to go on that the rest of us, with your vote than what you've brought up so far.

46 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I've already listed three different reasons why I"m against lynching someone today largely because of the lack of proof directed at them and the damage it should be guaranteed to cause to the Kingdom.

Hopefully, you have a bit more proof to go on that the rest of us, with your vote than what you've brought up so far.

Do we know if nolynch is allowed? I think someone voted to do it already but its not on the cvc.

4 hours ago, Sunflower said:

What makes rubeci an unbeliever?

He's been soft claiming an old gods worshiper via his avatar all game. Jeod's decision to make the old gods the official religion was not known to anyone until after we decided to remain/rebel. It's not unthinkable that rubeci might have rebelled anticipating that Jeod would have chosen a different religion. If I'm wrong, then at least we didn't eliminate another faith of the seven player (unless I'm double wrong, but that's never happened).

2 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I already laid out my points, but I'll repeat myself ONCE :p

1) He was a rival claimant.  That in itself increases his inherent rebel value.

2) He's been around, but not really engaged, so he's had ample opportunity to actually contribute if he actually wanted to.  I don't subscribe to the fact that he'd have to be of an active religion to contribute.  He still has a brain and can think for himself, and that's more important.  His joke vote could have been probing for an actual mislynch, normally I wouldn't put too much weight on it, but the fact he later says he doesn't actually want to vote there but does not actually unvote is a bit suspicious.

1) You underestimate how committed to the role I am.

2) I never said I didn't want to vote there, only that the punishment if my continued teasing went south was more severe than I thought it was. Also a vote doesn't really matter until hammer time.

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

He's been soft claiming an old gods worshiper via his avatar all game. Jeod's decision to make the old gods the official religion was not known to anyone until after we decided to remain/rebel. It's not unthinkable that rubeci might have rebelled anticipating that Jeod would have chosen a different religion. If I'm wrong, then at least we didn't eliminate another faith of the seven player (unless I'm double wrong, but that's never happened).

1) You underestimate how committed to the role I am.

2) I never said I didn't want to vote there, only that the punishment if my continued teasing went south was more severe than I thought it was. Also a vote doesn't really matter until hammer time.

While I applaud your use of semantics, I have to say I'm very philosophically opposed to that line of thought.  Votes have many purposes of varying effectiveness that change throughout the day.  To discard's one primary tool for the majority of a phase does a disservice to one's own agency while also making it difficult for others to discern an effective gamestate.

Just now, Shade939 said:

What about if we vote up the King instead?

They can't punish themselves can they so it's an effective no lynch? :v

The king isn't able to be voted from daypost.

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

What about if we vote up the King instead?

They can't punish themselves can they so it's an effective no lynch? :v

If King is voted, he can only be sent to the wall since he can't send royal army to eliminate himself :p

That's why Royals have majority of vote power but if there is enough discontent with the current King it can be done as public elimination instead of the one by force.

5 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Jeod appears to think he's sucking up too much which is suspicious.  I'd say fair enough, though maybe that could cast doubt on Sunflower too but she seems more genuine.  Plus yesterday rubeci was a shade supporter and Sunflower was Jeod from the start.

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

I agree with your points, but I still don't feel that it has merit over rubeci. I could go either way and be fine. Any others want to weigh in on rubeci vs Retaliation?

I could see rubeci being rebel but at the same time I was once a shade supporter and with Retaliation he's been inputting here band there but only when he's mentioned, my vote is would be Retal over rubeci

1 minute ago, Louis said:

I could see rubeci being rebel but at the same time I was once a shade supporter and with Retaliation he's been inputting here band there but only when he's mentioned, my vote is would be Retal over rubeci

If Jeod votes rubeci and we vote Retal and we win Jeod is the true Louis XVI.

1 minute ago, Louis said:

But see, rubeci is also a first-time mafia player. I'm looking at how that affects the decision. If he were accused of being a rebel and I was wrong, then normally he should be speaking up more to defend himself. Common sense dictates it. However, if I were correct in my assumption and he is in a doc with a partner, then since he is new he may have been asked to keep quiet as long as he can while the more experienced partner does the defending.

I'm watching the debate intently.