[Game Over] Game of Thrones Conquest Mafia RPG

VERTi60

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

But see, rubeci is also a first-time mafia player. I'm looking at how that affects the decision. If he were accused of being a rebel and I was wrong, then normally he should be speaking up more to defend himself. Common sense dictates it. However, if I were correct in my assumption and he is in a doc with a partner, then since he is new he may have been asked to keep quiet as long as he can while the more experienced partner does the defending.

I'm watching the debate intently.

I mean, it really depends on the combo.  Rubeci may be new, but he strikes me as at least competent though.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, it really depends on the combo.  Rubeci may be new, but he strikes me as at least competent though.

Precisely, which is why I'm leaning more that if I were wrong about him then he would be defending himself more. On the other end, this may mean his partner isn't as confident in him--or he just isn't around at the critical moments.

Roy-Mustang-roy-mustang-17924129-1280-72

To tug at that string a bit more, I wouldn't consider what I'm doing to be defending rubeci, merely I realized Retal is a better choice.  Voe on the otherhand, maybe, but at the same time, I'm not so sure Voe would be one to take a newbie under his wing.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

Precisely, which is why I'm leaning more that if I were wrong about him then he would be defending himself more. On the other end, this may mean his partner isn't as confident in him--or he just isn't around at the critical moments.

Roy-Mustang-roy-mustang-17924129-1280-72

I mean, it is a weekday, he could be at work right now or something.  I'll admit his lack of protestation is... not great.  But then again, a lot of the more intense pressure on him has come since this morning and I don't think he's been here since that happened?  One vote on him can be laughed off as not real pressure, regardless of alignment (even if it did come from the King).

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I do have to ask what you're basing your assumptions on? All eighteen of his post is it?

What's interesting to me is that Retaliation said that rubeci's avatar hints that he is Old Gods. Given my strategy of using the religion's scouting actions to our benefit, that isn't something that a rebel should consider mentioning to the lore-ignorant king.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

What's interesting to me is that Retaliation said that rubeci's avatar hints that he is Old Gods. Given my strategy of using the religion's scouting actions to our benefit, that isn't something that a rebel should consider mentioning to the lore-ignorant king.

Before the day grows short, you should pressure our potential scouts into claiming and committing to cross checking each other...

Though that plan works under the assumption that not all can be rebels, which is probably true... at this point... but if we only have like 2, maybe even 3 scouts, then they might be converted during the night, hmmmm....

30 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

While I applaud your use of semantics, I have to say I'm very philosophically opposed to that line of thought.  Votes have many purposes of varying effectiveness that change throughout the day.  To discard's one primary tool for the majority of a phase does a disservice to one's own agency while also making it difficult for others to discern an effective gamestate.

It's hardly semantics when you're basing your argument on something I never said. Casting suspicion on a player for failing to unvote after a joke vote is... absurd. For joke voting in the first place fine, but for not unvoting?

I meant conversion of loyalist to rebel.

I figured you meant that. Verti said something along the lines of only having one chance to rebel until the next king, which implies that actions converting loyalists to the rebel cause should be locked behind higher rebellion tiers.

7 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I thought conversion wasn't possible? At least not until higher tiers.

I think you can convert religion once. But you lose all your points and once you convert, you can't do it anymore. ...Or maybe you can but would just be very sorry because Verti said something about the gods not being forgiving.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I figured you meant that. Verti said something along the lines of only having one chance to rebel until the next king, which implies that actions converting loyalists to the rebel cause should be locked behind higher rebellion tiers.

We also get a chance to rebel as soon as the current rebellion is crushed, so that's going to be fun trying to stamp it out, especially if a game mechanic forces an unexpected player to rebel...

Just now, Retaliation said:

It's hardly semantics when you're basing your argument on something I never said. Casting suspicion on a player for failing to unvote after a joke vote is... absurd. For joke voting in the first place fine, but for not unvoting?

There's clear implications though, even if you didn't say it directly.  Implications are fair game. The classic example is talking about someone being a scum read, then voting for a second player, which is usually a scum tell.

Just now, Sunflower said:

I think you can convert religion once. But you lose all your points and once you convert, you can't do it anymore. ...Or maybe you can but would just be very sorry because Verti said something about the gods not being forgiving.

You have a one free conversion, and you probably lose all of your FP so you can't abuse the conversion system.

@VERTi60?

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I don't read it that.  I read it as the chance being user controlled.  Say I personally wanted to rebel, but didn't n1.  Now I can't.  I've missed my chance.  However, say another rebel converted me.  Now I'm a rebel.  However, that wasn't a chance I took, that was an external factor acting upon me.

Just now, Shade939 said:

We also get a chance to rebel as soon as the current rebellion is crushed, so that's going to be fun trying to stamp it out, especially if a game mechanic forces an unexpected player to rebel...

Yes, the key to victory is by making rebellion hopeless. Once rebelling is too risky of a play, the game is over.

I don't read it that.  I read it as the chance being user controlled.  Say I personally wanted to rebel, but didn't n1.  Now I can't.  I've missed my chance.  However, say another rebel converted me.  Now I'm a rebel.  However, that wasn't a chance I took, that was an external factor acting upon me.

Exactly, but that sort of alignment conversion shouldn't be possible until later in the game.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

You have a one free conversion, and you probably lose all of your FP so you can't abuse the conversion system.

@VERTi60?

It was stated in the OP that you can do this once for the cost of all FP and tiers, so I'll just add the action to your PMs if I don't forget.

Nah, I figure it's in from the start, or else the first rebellion is hopeless.

It'd need to be one-time or slowed progression otherwise there's no point in having a kingdom. But I'm speculating here. Back to the task at hand, at the moment I'm leaning rubeci over Retaliation.

Just now, Jeod said:

It'd need to be one-time or slowed progression otherwise there's no point in having a kingdom. But I'm speculating here. Back to the task at hand, at the moment I'm leaning rubeci over Retaliation.

As I said before, I have some clues about it, but I don't want to elaborate too much.  I will say though I think rebels have to be smart about it if they want it to work so it's not OP, but at the same time we shouldn't underestimate it.

5 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Jeod appears to think he's sucking up too much which is suspicious.  I'd say fair enough, though maybe that could cast doubt on Sunflower too but she seems more genuine.  Plus yesterday rubeci was a shade supporter and Sunflower was Jeod from the start.

5 hours ago, Sunflower said:

What makes rubeci an unbeliever?

Well, my single reason in voting for Shade was religion. So i was pleasantly surprised with Jeod's choice. If praising this decision made a suspicious appearance or that qualifies me as an unbeliever, i guess so be it.

3 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, it's not like rubeci has much content either, he has what, 17 posts on the forum in its entirety.

16 minutes ago, Jeod said:

But see, rubeci is also a first-time mafia player. I'm looking at how that affects the decision. If he were accused of being a rebel and I was wrong, then normally he should be speaking up more to defend himself. Common sense dictates it. However, if I were correct in my assumption and he is in a doc with a partner, then since he is new he may have been asked to keep quiet as long as he can while the more experienced partner does the defending.

I'm watching the debate intently.

That is correct, first-time player and all my posts are related to this game. I actually would and could defend myself more if there is any real case against me. But from what i read its more moods and feelings that i need to argue against.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

Hmm. @rubeci, is there a valid reason you can offer as to why we shouldn't send you to the wall?

I still support voting on this day rather than not, though of course i prefer myself to be picked the least.

As Retal stated i could not have known which religion would be picked, but then would i just defect without knowing what this game is about and how it really works?

in my opinion there are much stronger cases against others. My vote for Voe was mostly to start a discussion, still he is way more silent than before. Shade is actively trying to discourage a vote on anyone at all. Retal seems to focus a lot on distraction. Just some thoughts but i honestly cant offer valid reason why smugness should not get one send to the wall. ;)