[Game Over] Game of Thrones Conquest Mafia RPG

VERTi60

Update: Rubeci sent me the info I required, however I'm still waiting for Brigitte. I'm trying to reach Brigitte by email and see what's up with joining the game.

Anyway sorry for delay, I'll try to sort this out this week so we can start finally.

We'll begin this next Friday 12th at 10 PM UTC either with 10 or 9 players unless someone's available to join instead.

I probably won't have time this weekend to do anything since I need to help with moving my mom to new apartment and I thought I would have more time on Friday.

Good news is though, I might have a replacement for Brig (unless I won't get a reply soon) for next week! There's also still a possibility to join the game by then by anyone else.

This is the planned game schedule and a game/phase cycle so you know how will this be played. Most of the game mechanics will be introduced step by step so you are not overwhelmed.

1. Day 1 - King's Vote (1st Small Council Meeting): All houses will be gathered to vote for their king, there will be no other day actions. The identity of Houses will be hidden at first. Houses' leaders will only know their own strengths and weaknesses based on their role PM as well as their capitals and basic religion actions.  The 1st CVC (cumulative/current vote count) will display the "Winter is Coming" meter/gauge (WIN) that will show you how far you are from the "Winter is Here" event.

The King's actions will be revealed once the King of the Seven Kingdoms is elected. King's first action is to elect their Hand of the King.

2. Night 1 - The 1st Long Night: All Houses will have the option to join the Open Rebellion (aka Mafia) if they are not happy with the King or if they are simply hungry for conquering. Houses that will stay loyal to the King will have benefits of sharing the welfare of the Kingdom. The option to join the 1st Rebellion will only be available this phase, and every time new King is elected.

Basic resource management will be revealed (see OP) that will be necessary for each of the Houses' growth and their army/religion/castle development. There will be some actions regarding sending Ravens to other players for basic trading/diplomacy.

The King will have new actions related to Kingdom besides their house basic actions. The Hand of the King action will be necessary for the king to pick his associate from one of the players that he/she will share the google doc with (Royal Doc). If the King pics a House that is not Royal that action will fail. 

3. Day 2 - 2nd Small Council Meeting: Houses with the King will try to find a Rebellion House. After the start of 2nd day all Houses should be able to see all their resources including armies. The daily CVC (current vote count) graphic will show exactly how many forces are divided into Royal and Rebellion (aka town and mafia).

Rebelled Houses will gain access to a google doc (1st Rebellion Doc) to see who actually joined forces against the new King (only they will know and are not allowed to reveal this publicly). They will gain one or few mafia specific actions for the Long Night phases. Rules for the Rebellion Houses will be described in the doc.

Royal Doc (Town Mason) will be available for the King and their First Hand of the King and they will also see the possible options and rules of the Royal Doc.

Before the 2nd Day ends, Houses should be able to have one House voted to be the Rebellion. The king will also have decisive vote (+1 or +1.1) in case of a tie. The most voted House will either be invaded by the Royal Army and eliminated, or their leader sent to the Wall while their lands will be given to one of the Royal Houses. The King will decide which one. Defending the wall will decrease the Winter Indicator Number (WIN), however the player guarding the wall is still in game and can still influence it or even abandon his post. Eliminating the player will however increase the WIN. The King will have to decide this during the next Night phase. Before that though you will learn if the House was in Rebellion or not, and the identity of the House will be revealed as well.

4. Night 2 - The 2nd Long Night: During this phase Houses will gain access to their armies and will be able to do conquest actions. Rebellion and Royal docs will have extra conquest/defending actions. Rest of the Houses won't be able to participate in conquest unless they join one of the two during next rule of another King.

If the Rebellion manages to annihilate the Royals (or just capital), they will have the option to elect a new King among themselves (if there are more remaining) - and the whole cycle starts from step 1. If the Rebellion is crushed the cycle repeats from Step 2 and King can choose another Hand of the King.

If there is no one to rebel for new King, there will be a game mechanic in game that will choose one. Also some players will be able to influence others to rebel via some of the actions. The endgame will commence once there are only few Houses left that are not able to elect new King, or if the Royals annihilate all Rebel Houses with no possibility to get another Rebellion.

When the game enters Winter some of the game mechanics and rules will change and Players will have to fight Undead armies as well.

So what exactly happens when the King determines a house to be in open rebellion?

Is the invasion by the Royal Army considered an instant defeat, nullifying the rebelling players military buildup, or do they actually get a chance to fight back and possibly defeat the Royal Army, requiring the Royal Houses to combine their armies with other houses in order to eliminate them and actually win the battle?

3 hours ago, Shade939 said:

So what exactly happens when the King determines a house to be in open rebellion?

Is the invasion by the Royal Army considered an instant defeat, nullifying the rebelling players military buildup, or do they actually get a chance to fight back and possibly defeat the Royal Army, requiring the Royal Houses to combine their armies with other houses in order to eliminate them and actually win the battle?

Depends what the king decides, total elimination of the house and their lands will cost and deplete the royal army, banishment to the wall will not and the land and army will be given to orher player. I am considering to actually let everyone decide this so dividing the vote action for everyone. Like we had in deadspace or other games with 2 options of elimination. King will still have final say in case of tie.

29 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Depends what the king decides, total elimination of the house and their lands will cost and deplete the royal army, banishment to the wall will not and the land and army will be given to orher player. I am considering to actually let everyone decide this so dividing the vote action for everyone. Like we had in deadspace or other games with 2 options of elimination. King will still have final say in case of tie.

Admittedly, I find it a bit odd that you can remove a player from a position of power by just voting them up as being in rebellion, instead of also having to invade their territory and forcing their army to comply with the vote that they could otherwise prevent from happening.

1 hour ago, Shade939 said:

Admittedly, I find it a bit odd that you can remove a player from a position of power by just voting them up as being in rebellion, instead of also having to invade their territory and forcing their army to comply with the vote that they could otherwise prevent from happening.

Well their army and territory wont be lost - another player will get it which means that players vote to buff one player and send one to the wall. 

25 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Well their army and territory wont be lost - another player will get it which means that players vote to buff one player and send one to the wall. 

Yeah, it'd make more sense if the player voted to be rebelling against the crown could choose to either peacefully give up control of their house and be banished to the wall, or they could fight back and resist with their army.

7 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Yeah, it'd make more sense if the player declared to be rebelling could choose to either peacefully give up control of their house and be banished to the wall, or they could fight back and resist with their army.

Yea also a possibility but it will delay the game a bit. Also the voted player for elimination shouldn't have much choice.

But. For example the King would have this option if for example the rebel forces would be exceeding the royal ones. So in this case the King would have the option to stand down from the throne peacefully or go down fighting.

5 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Yea also a possibility but it will delay the game a bit.

I'd want to see all of the rules first.

But based on what I've seen so far, I'd probably rather have voting up a player, apply an economic and diplomatic penalty to them, and allow everyone to openly attack that player now. Rather than having the vote serve as an easy way to deal with a player without having to worry about their military strength.

Just now, Shade939 said:

I'd want to see all of the rules first.

But based on what I've seen so far, I'd probably rather have voting up a player, apply an economic and diplomatic penalty to them, and allow everyone to openly attack that player now. Rather than having the vote serve as an easy way to deal with a player without having to worry about their military strength.

I understand you but I want a simple mafia mechanic implemented for player elimination, not make every game mechanic as much complicated as possible. But yea I'll do some tests once I'm done balancing.

Attention. All roles are assigned,  await your role PM. This may take a while to write up. Basic rules and guidelines for Day 1 will be then posted once all role PMs are sent. Day 1 will start Saturday so everyone is up to speed before then. If you have any questions about your role just ask me in PM.

2 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Attention. All roles are assigned,  await your role PM. This may take a while to write up. Basic rules and guidelines for Day 1 will be then posted once all role PMs are sent. Day 1 will start Saturday so everyone is up to speed before then. If you have any questions about your role just ask me in PM.

Another delay, eh? :v

14 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Just slow writer :p

13 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

The more time he spends replying to your posts the more time until we see our roles!

Hmm...I suppose I can allow it just this once.