[Game Over] Game of Thrones Conquest Mafia RPG

VERTi60

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Honestly, because of how inevitable the rebel/loyalist shitshow is, it's gotta really just be a sideshow for whatever endgame mechanic we have planned for us. Musical Thrones, if you will.

It feels built to defeat itself. The only moment when we probably could've "killed" Jeod would've taken out the majority of our troops 25,000 vs 15,000. But the moment he tried to attack, he'd draw whatever number of troops necessary to destroy us. Of course that means he'd have to target us specifically, but there's no way we'd be able to fight his remaining 10,000 troops - especially if we're expected to come out on top. Not to mention depleting the overall manpower to defend the wall.

If that’s what it takes to show verti that these train wrecks need to stop, so be it. He should have known that king, hand and Loukas would try as long as possible to survive and end the rebels, and that pie chart today is motivation towards the goal.

##vote TheIrishMan

Sorry you had to experience it firsthand, but now I and Cat5 can say “told you so”.

19 minutes ago, Jeod said:

If that’s what it takes to show verti that these train wrecks need to stop, so be it. He should have known that king, hand and Loyals would try as long as possible to survive and end the rebels, and that pie chart today is motivation towards the goal.

##vote TheIrishMan

Sorry you had to experience it firsthand, but now I and Cat5 can say “told you so”.

My religion is the Many-Faced God of Death, I expected to sit back and pick off the king whenever I got to T4, granted I didn't quite know for sure what abilities I'd get. Then I got converted which forced me to try a different approach but everything was set against us, especially for a game that meant to have the King cycle more than once. If I knew the King would be this overpowered, I would've tried for the vote right away.

I still think we should all vote Jeod, but it's whatever at this point.

Also, I will say I don't think this game was a complete train wreck. I appreciate the theme and the general mechanics. It's the fine-tuning where things went wrong. I think if Vert had more time or was able to work with someone else as he ran his simulations, things could've went really well.

Of course, perhaps the White Walkers will give it some sort of redeeming quality.

A rotating game like this needs better ways to force the king out and not make the king feel too punished for it. It’s simple nature for us to try and last as long as we can, and seeing the way things are now I think I did a good job of that.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

A rotating game like this needs better ways to force the king out and not make the king feel too punished for it. It’s simple nature for us to try and last as long as we can, and seeing the way things are now I think I did a good job of that.

Except there was never an opportunity to actually depose you >.> We could've at most taken King's Landing which would've left us each with maybe 3000 troops left. There's no way we could take both King's Landing and Pyke to eliminate you and start a new vote.

8 minutes ago, TheIrishman said:

Except there was never an opportunity to actually depose you >.> We could've at most taken King's Landing which would've left us each with maybe 3000 troops left. There's no way we could take both King's Landing and Pyke to eliminate you and start a new vote.

Exactly.

I appreciate the effort verti puts into the complex games, but this is common sense. Why would a king expect to be deposed quickly and fight against his royal wincon to oust all the rebels?

14 minutes ago, Jeod said:

@VERTi60 TheIrishMan appears to have surrendered. Given the last few posts, is there reason enough to continue the phase/game?

Game ends when no rebellion is possible and all other threats to kingdom are eliminated. 

6 minutes ago, VERTi60 said:

Game ends when no rebellion is possible and all other threats to kingdom are eliminated. 

Then I will not participate in the conversion and punishment of players who chose to remain loyal. I suppose Irish could always be lying, but don't expect to see me posting more until at least the end of this phase when we can see the results.

7 hours ago, Retaliation said:

I suppose one way to try and break the game is for the rebels to just surrender every time they're converted.

There's also the obvious case where players fail to follow their alignment in game so they ruin it that way.

Royals aren't exactly penalized for the King being overthrown now are they? It's like they're actually  different factions in that regard...

9 hours ago, TheIrishman said:

Voe, Louis, Cat5, Orange, and Rubeci. I feel bad that I wasn't here to help explain what Shade was trying to say. I'll go ahead and out myself as a Rebel first, that's fine, idc.

Basically, if you don't vote up Jeod, you will be converted.

Here's why: One player can be converted every night provided the Rebel forces equal less than 1/3 of the Royal forces. I or my partner can convert others and you guys won't know who, and then - even if they or their convert died - they'd end up converting someone else, up until there is only the King left. >.>

Remember, you aren't Town, you're Royals. Not only that, you won't even be Royals after being converted so their's no winning for you. And ask yourselves, do you really want to sacrifice yourself so that Jeod can win?

The reason we killed Sunflower is because she couldn't be converted or swayed since she'd have to go down with Jeod. Sorry about that Sunflower.

But the same mechanic would apply to every house with any future king too, right?

So even if you are lying, its our best bet right now.

##vote TheIrishman

11 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

There's also the obvious case where players fail to follow their alignment in game so they ruin it that way.

Royals aren't exactly penalized for the King being overthrown now are they? It's like they're actually  different factions in that regard...

The thing is the King gives us stuff.  The rebels do not.  I'd make an argument about that's how rulership works, but nobody would listen or care :p

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

The thing is the King gives us stuff.  The rebels do not.  I'd make an argument about that's how rulership works, but nobody would listen or care :p

The obvious problem being can't use any of it when your dead, and you're get a new king to replace the current one anyways. 

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

The obvious problem being can't use any of it when your dead, and you're get a new king to replace the current one anyways. 

You've yet to explain how a new king solves any problem.

The problem TheIrishMan presents is this: the loyals don't have any reason to remove the king, since his actions are aiding them via kingdom projects etc. The rebels on the other hand do have a reason, but don't have the power to do so other than converting loyals. So the rebels need to resort to forcing loyals to lose with them, they cannot win. As a result, in the end it would appear that only the king will end up "winning" because they can overpower the last remaining rebel. If a new king is voted, the cycle simply continues.

I mean, if the rebels wanted us to vote Jeod, you guys should have went all in on it yesterday, instead of letting Shade solo the argument.  We might have been more receptive when you guys actually had a position of power, plus not being annoyed my alliance buddy is dead.