[Game Over] Game of Thrones Conquest Mafia RPG

VERTi60

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

How about the view where I reduced the number of bodies last night by reviving soldiers, only for some asshole to come along and just make them bodies again.

How many did you revive last night?

Just now, Shade939 said:

That was never an optimal number to start with...

I mean, I'd like it to be higher, for obvious reasons, but the point being I don't have enough provisions to do 1000 again, and clearly we want to do max.

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

If that's the only viewpoint you can take of that situation, then I guess bodies are the deciding factor in warfare now.

When we lose troops it's a two point swing toward the Night King. We lose a unit of force and the Night King potentially gains one. 

You'd have to outfight royal troops 3-1 for it to be worth considering on the merits alone.

I mean, I'd like it to be higher, for obvious reasons, but the point being I don't have enough provisions to do 1000 again, and clearly we want to do max.

No, you should save your supplies for things that actually make a difference, not a pathetic 1,000 extra men...

2 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

When we lose troops it's a two point swing toward the Night King. We lose a unit of force and the Night King potentially gains one. 

You'd have to outfight royal troops 3-1 for it to be worth considering on the merits alone.

Yeah, as a force multiplier, 3-1 is low balling it as long as I'm buffing a larger army.

If I'm reinforcing the wildlings and attempting to resolve the Shade-Orange hate fight, I want to at least keep some semblence of balance between Royalist and independent. If I don't someone might get cheeky and start playing for then endgame when winter is still here.

So I want Shade rather than Orange to be given up to keep the peace.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Can we pause for a moment and reflect on the idea that some poor sap has had the job of dumping 44,000 corpses on the wall's doorstep and the Lord Commander wasn't informed?

Yeah, from the sounds of that, I would have assumed that they White Walkers would have needed to actually visit the Holdings where armies died in order to resurrect them?

But it sounds like someone moved all of the dead to where they can actually reach them?

Just now, Jeod said:

Can we pause for a moment and reflect on the idea that some poor sap has had the job of dumping 44,000 corpses on the wall's doorstep and the Lord Commander wasn't informed?

Vert games are the Super Mario Maker troll levels of forum games. Important information hidden behind hidden information because why should you be able to plan at all in your detailed RPG?

Just now, Shade939 said:

Yeah, from the sounds of that, I would have assumed that they White Walkers would have needed to actually visit the Holdings where armies died in order to resurrect them?

But it sounds like someone moved all of the dead to where they can actually reach them?

I think it's just abstracted.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

Like we were apparently able to burn Voe at some point, but we didn't have any stewards so who knows when he died.

Voe only appeared today, so he wasn't undead when he attacked Orange.

Given how many people are working cross-alignment this game, I wouldn't be surprised if Sunflower is the first to be told. 

What do you mean cross-alignment?

The only consistent goal for anyone in game should be based on self survival? And then you have other players that want to do something like become the King, or get personal revenge.

Just now, Shade939 said:

What do you mean cross-alignment?

The only consistent goal for anyone in game should be based on self survival? And then you have other players that want to do something like become the King, or get personal revenge.

Just now, Shade939 said:

When there's nothing preventing you from assassinating the King as the Hand or a Royal to try and take that position for yourself, I don't think you can define that as an alignment goal...

Ah yes, the old "Mom told me not to take cookies from the cookie jar but she left it on the counter plainly accessible" adage.