[Game Over] Game of Thrones Conquest Mafia RPG

VERTi60

54 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Switch to TSR Mafia?

I've already mentioned a early concept last year - if there's a serious demand I can start developing the mechanics after this one.

One more update - this game won't start until 21st of June due to Orange's participation in Mafia championships and me needing to do some playtests first when the trackers are ready. On 14th-16th of June I should have role details for you though when we know for sure who's playing and what.

21 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

It's definitely way less complex than last Dead Space RPG and slightly less than the Star Wars Duel Mafia.

I'd really only have 30-60 minutes a day for it, just barely enough for me to feel like I'm participating in normal mafia.

Honestly, I'm mostly interested in straight up mafia. I do have interest in more complex forum games, but only when I can dedicate the time to them.

29 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'd really only have 30-60 minutes a day for it, just barely enough for me to feel like I'm participating in normal mafia.

Honestly, I'm mostly interested in straight up mafia. I do have interest in more complex forum games, but only when I can dedicate the time to them.

Technically just to submit for actions 30-60m should be plenty enough: There's not much to do during the day (48h phases) than just reading people's posts and vote (which is same as other mafia games). For night actions you might need to think a bit more how to progress but it's gonna get straightforward after 1st night (Will I defend or attack? Will I invest or spare resources for later? Should I join open rebellion? Should I trick other Houses to go to war? etc). I might set the night phase to 48 hours to give people some more time to plan but in reality some nights you won't even have to do anything (some actions will cancel other actions or you just simply hold still and won't do anything to build up) so 24 hour phases should work also if you'll plan ahead.

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

Switch to TSR Mafia?

Lol. Even if I'd like such a setting, still no can't do. :v

There's a reason why I haven't even announced my summer game this year.

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

Update: Last day to signup will be Sunday 16th then I'll start balancing the game and assigning roles.

If you do include me in the game you can assign a random house and role/whatever to me. I have no preference.

1 hour ago, Brigitte said:

Can i still get in on this?

Yeah, you should be good, Verti said that the last day to sign up was today and Verti already stated he was willing to have more than nine players in this game.

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

Play as Psyduck, problem solved.  I'm Shrek.

I"m assuming the point of creating a character is more along the lines of having a unique objective or limitations for your actions in game, such as you'll never ally with a Stark after what they did to your House a century ago.

Or generally you actually have a reason to compete against other players and try to actively betray or destroy them.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

I"m assuming the point of creating a character is more along the lines of having a unique objective or limitations for your actions in game, such as you'll never ally with a Stark after what they did to your House a century ago.

Or generally you actually have a reason to compete against other players and try to actively betray or destroy them.

I don't think any of us need any help doing that ;)

10 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I don't think any of us need any help doing that ;)

Depends on the victory condition, ideally, you have it somewhere near the middle where you can have an alliance of players who can actually win the game together, and it's not simply a game of who can be the last living player so inadvertently you have to betray anyone you ally with.

2 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Depends on the victory condition, ideally, you have it somewhere near the middle where you can have an alliance of players who can actually win the game together, and it's not simply a game of who can be the last living player so inadvertently you have to betray anyone you ally with.

Pre-game I'm going to say trust no one :p