Tiberian Dawn: Ground Zero Update #3

1 hour ago, GraYaSDF said:

Such Commando Assault, lol. Just look at this (I recorded it in 2015):

In all fairness, what we showed is literally just a test map. We weren't trying to rip you or anyone else off. :P

2 hours ago, Yah-Nosh said:

Wow, Renegade EVA even had lines for construction and all that?

Yes, the game still has those samples. The first tutorial Westwood Studios ever planned to do was with Construction Yard, and Logan Sheppard said some words about it.

22 hours ago, Killing_You said:

In all fairness, what we showed is literally just a test map. We weren't trying to rip you or anyone else off.

No, I am just analizing what is new and what was already made by W3D Hub community, by me, and by other people. It will be good if you can return the great Renegade Sole Survivor standalone videogame back to life at some point, with features from W3D Hub games.

3 hours ago, Yah-Nosh said:

@Killing_YouNice stuff, though I'd up the recoil effect somewhat. Right now it's barely visible unless you're firing a machine gun at full auto. :v

Eh, I like it where it is, personally. More intense recoil would give me a headache.

It will be good if you can return the great Renegade Sole Survivor standalone videogame back to life at some point, with features from W3D Hub games.

I would love to remaster Sole Survivor. We'd have to contact SomeRhino first, as it was his mod.

I also translated this article for foreign audience, and it is much bigger than W3D Hub. So, good luck with modding the game! :)

Thanks man!

If you're doing limited ammo on vehicles...are tanks going to be more like real tanks and have ~40 rounds of ammo, shoot slower, and do more damage per shot? Or will it be more like APB tanks that fire like machine guns and have much more ammo?

Also, if tanks only have a limited number of shells to throw out, doesn't that make the game favor defense much more...since engineers can repair endlessly?

Edited by delta

16 hours ago, delta said:

If you're doing limited ammo on vehicles...are tanks going to be more like real tanks and have ~40 rounds of ammo, shoot slower, and do more damage per shot? Or will it be more like APB tanks that fire like machine guns and have much more ammo?

The former. They will also have a slower turret turn rate... but will comparitavely take much more punishment.

16 hours ago, delta said:

Also, if tanks only have a limited number of shells to throw out, doesn't that make the game favor defense much more...since engineers can repair endlessly?

Perhaps, although due to the larger focus on infantry, engineers and technicians will also have to be more worried about fireteams storming the structure. More importantly, however, we're looking at ways to add different objectives to the main C&C mode to shake up the gameplay and add alternate win conditions.

14 hours ago, Alstar said:

Limited ammo makes me wonder about specific situations when you run out of it - will player be virtually useless or some sort of meele attack will be provided as a last resort combat method?

This was a concern brought up internally, but not to worry! We are looking at giving each class a knife to keep them safe, at least until they can resupply.