[GAME OVER] CYOR: Nintendo Edition

Jeod

10 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

If I was teamed with Cat5, this would mean Louis is town and telling the truth about me copying and blocking her.

What a revelation. "If Cat5 and I are scum buddies, then Louis is telling the truth about me roleblocking her!" Well, yeah, because if we were both scum, then Louis is town by default.

@ChopBam I've talked about and listed possibilities that would explain how you got the 1-UP. They're all "theoretically" possible. It's possible the 1-UP is just a random item that Jeod randomly gave to some player in the game. It's also still possible that you're just scum who killed Vertigo and took his item.

Players getting items randomly is anything but standard in these games. Mafia getting an item from killing another player is standard mechanics. You're basically asking me to suspend disbelief and believe you're town against all odds.

Honestly, I think it only makes sense that ChopBam got the item by killing him. By ChopBam's own admission, the 1-UP can't be passed, so VERT or anybody else could not have passed it to him. VERT should have been saved by said item. However, Nodlied's roleblock meant that VERT couldn't use it. So ChopBam succeeds on the kill and inherits the item. 

2 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

@ChopBam Not only that, I see links between you and Cat5. If you really are town and you want to convince me of that, then you need to prove otherwise about you and Cat5 and provide a more believable scum team than you and him.

Unfortunately you're seeing a mirage.

6 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

@ChopBam Not only that, I see links between you and Cat5. If you really are town and you want to convince me of that, then you need to prove otherwise about you and Cat5 and provide a more believable scum team than you and him.

And if I'm not paired with him, what incentive does he have to distance himself from me right now?

25 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

If I was teamed with Cat5, this would mean Louis is town and telling the truth about me copying and blocking her.

But Louis is town, right? So in your statement, this then points to you being teamed with Cat5. Right?

Or is she not town? Enlighten us.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

And if I'm not paired with him, what incentive does he have to distance himself from me right now?

If somebody is scum and going down it is a good move to try and fake connections with players. If it was more one-way I really wouldn't be that suspicious. But the impression I have from you is that you were more certain he was scum D3 but suddenly cut him some slack D4. Your behavior towards ChopBam is suspicious and his behavior towards you is also suspicious.

14 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

What a revelation. "If Cat5 and I are scum buddies, then Louis is telling the truth about me roleblocking her!" Well, yeah, because if we were both scum, then Louis is town by default.

Um yeah that was the whole point. She can confirm my whereabouts and I can confirm hers and that she's telling the truth. It isn't scum's job to clear town, it's their job to cast suspicion on town.

10 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

You're basically asking me to suspend disbelief and believe you're town against all odds.

Yeah I guess?

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

If somebody is scum and going down it is a good move to try and fake connections with players. If it was more one-way I really wouldn't be that suspicious. But the impression I have from you is that you were more certain he was scum D3 but suddenly cut him some slack D4. Your behavior towards ChopBam is suspicious and his behavior towards you is also suspicious.

The fact that I am town and you + Cat5 keep going on and on and on and on about this 1-Up thing is just a bit suspicious to me, and also becoming very boringsome. I don't have an explanation, but as I've told you before, I have this 1-Up and am also innocent, so there is 100% an explanation that does not involve me killing Verti. This does not mean I have to know what that explanation is. You keep asking for an explanation, but I really really don't know.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Um yeah that was the whole point. She can confirm my whereabouts and I can confirm hers and that she's telling the truth. It isn't scum's job to clear town, it's their job to cast suspicion on town.

I just wonder why you say something like that when it's so obvious. It felt like a half-baked defense. Like you were trying to make it look like you were telling the truth about having done your roleblock even though the situation you just described that you have to be mafia for it to be true.

6 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I just wonder why you say something like that when it's so obvious. It felt like a half-baked defense. Like you were trying to make it look like you were telling the truth about having done your roleblock even though the situation you just described that you have to be mafia for it to be true.

Because there are clearly obvious things that iLTS is ignoring by throwing these accusations around.

Just now, ChopBam said:

The fact that I am town and you + Cat5 keep going on and on and on and on about this 1-Up thing is just a bit suspicious to me, and also becoming very boringsome. I don't have an explanation, but as I've told you before, I have this 1-Up and am also innocent, so there is 100% an explanation that does not involve me killing Verti. This does not mean I have to know what that explanation is. You keep asking for an explanation, but I really really don't know.

Okay, now this is just wrong.

1. You keep on saying you're innocent without providing an acceptable defense or explanation
  2. I keep on bringing up the reasons because you and Cat5 seemed to have "forgotten" them
  3. If evidence is brought against you that "meets the burden of proof" then it is actuall on you to provide a better explanation and evidence to counter it

I haven't stopped scum hunting, but it's safe to say that with what we do know you are scum. If you're somehow town, then I'm sorry there's some really weird off the wall thing going on here that we have no evidence of. But I believe you're scum, and props to you for not just giving up like most players would.

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

If you're somehow town, then I'm sorry there's some really weird off the wall thing going on here that we have no evidence of.

If I'm somehow town with some weird off-the-wall stuff going on, then how am I supposed to provide adequate answers to your three points? It assumes I have some kind of solid answer or knowledge that I really don't have. The burden of proof is on me to invent or come up with some explanation that I really have no idea of? That's truly unrealistic.

Just now, ChopBam said:

If I'm somehow town with some weird off-the-wall stuff going on, then how am I supposed to provide adequate answers to your three points? It assumes I have some kind of solid answer or knowledge that I really don't have. The burden of proof is on me to invent or come up with some explanation that I really have no idea of? That's truly unrealistic.

And it's totally unrealistic for me to just believe that something we don't understand happened and you aren't scum. It's not like you got scum killed (like Shade) and are suddenly in possession of the 1-UP. You're still not a town read in the first place.

Either way, we aren't able to lynch ChopBam today. I believe either Cat5 or Mojo have to be scum. Does anybody disagree/agree?

It appears my hunch was right. Between Shade's usual distracting shenanigans and Donkey Kong causing a shit Banana storm, I've missed something very important: Category 5 Hurricane has been behaving out of character. At least, for a town Cat5.

On 9/17/2019 at 5:01 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

When it comes to Mojoman vs Chopbam, I'd lynch Mojoman, no question. I'm also suspicious of iLikeIrishman.

On 9/18/2019 at 3:34 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

See, Mojoman's action on iLTS is the kind of thing that I look at like it was an attempt to distance the two from each other.

On 9/18/2019 at 3:57 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm not happy with iLikeToSnipe either so I don't really care which way this vote goes.

Day 2, these are his posts where he expresses displeasure with iLikeToSnipe. Granted, a lot of us had our suspicions about iLTS at that time, but Cat 5 never says why. The closest he gets is when he mentions Mojo using his hammer on iLTS. But would he really think scum would risk daykilling their partner? Especially so soon after one scum was daykilled already?

On 9/18/2019 at 4:43 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

It's basically a formality now, but I better vote so that I don't get a penalty.

##vote Mojoman

On 9/19/2019 at 5:08 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

And I'm pretty suspicious of someone that can control another person's actions.

See a pattern? His posts mostly consist of one or two sentences with no real substance to them.

On 9/20/2019 at 7:19 AM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

You're right, there isn't any proof, unfortunately. I attempted to prove it through Shade on N1, but for reasons unknown to me he doesn't seem to know that I targeted him. N2 I showed up just on time to send my action in only to find out that that deadline changed, so unfortunately I did nothing.

I also can't do anything right now, not having a day action. However, I don't think I'm in any position where I need to prove anything.

Did you start with the Mask in your possession?

And here's his biggest post at that point in the game. Notice how it's all about defending himself rather than giving his input on the other players? Normally Cat5 considers clearing himself to be somewhat of a secondary objective. He'll do it, but he puts most of his focus on scumhunting.

On 9/20/2019 at 7:57 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I came up with another explanation for why he didn't mention the 1-up, but it isn't the explanation he used. So as far as I'm concerned, he's scum.

Not the response I'd expect from a town Cat5. Town Cat5 would bring up this explanation, and use this as the basis of his case.

On 9/20/2019 at 11:06 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

My thoughts on the matter is that roleblocks possibly do not stop passing of items. However, I still find ChopBam's convienient loss of memory regarding an item that belonged to a dead player, to be more suspicious than I can forgive.

At this point the Chop train was already well-underway, and a Chop lynch was also unlikely, thanks to both the Warp Star existing and Donkey Kong shenanigans. But look at his wording.

On 9/20/2019 at 11:06 PM, Category 5 Hurricane said:

more suspicious than I can forgive.

Let's keep this in mind.

20 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I'm giving you a chance because I do think it's possible something else is going on, even if I still seriously dislike your responses regarding the 1-UP.

19 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

For what it's worth, despite Louis claiming to have something to do with undoing roleblocks, we've never seen the results or her actions. It's like she's doing nothing at all. So, you can back her up?

Day 4 starts, and this is how he opens the day. It feels a little like he pulled back the brakes on Chop for seemingly no reason.

19 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Mojoman is still on my list. There is likely a third mafia, afterall. If you think he's so suspicious, why didn't you block him?

Still gotta keep the suspicions going around, eh?

12 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

To get my full thoughts on the game I would need to do a reread, which I might not get time to do until tomorrow. However, I can do a lightning round right now.

Killing_You: Still have some lingering suspicions regarding early defense of OrangeP47, but in general your role masonry role appears to be confirmed and there is little reason to think scum would have one. Has it been done? Yes. Do I think that's particularly likely this time around? No.

iLikeToSnipe: I'm actually still pretty suspicious of this guy. In my mind he's somewhat linked to ChopBam in that if ChopBam is scum, then iLTS is not, and vice versa. Right now I favor ChopBam as scum due to things I've already talked about, and thus iLTS has fallen off my radar. However, I still don't like the feeling of this mask that can control it's owner and we don't really know to what extent he can exert control. The actions that eventually got me suspicious of iLTS himself may actually have been an additional attempt to get attention off of Mojoman.

Mojoman: I think he's scum and is the player I'm most likely to vote for today. The DK event probably an event designed to give mafia a day where town was likely to lynch them and turn it around, and Mojoman had plenty of reason to suspect he was going to be voted up again.

ChopBam: This is the guy I most need to go back and reread on. The fact that he has the 1-UP is suspicious sure, but perhaps there really is a reason for the transfer that we don't know about. The excuse that ChopBam could have used, but never did, was that he was trying to hide the fact that he had the item so that he could use it to his advantage were he to be targeted by a NK (presuming the item protects from that, I guess. I don't know what it does yet). That would totally have made sense, but he never said it. I will add here as I saw someone mention maybe the 1-UP came from somewhere other that VERT, but again I asked earlier in the game if anyone started the game with an item that didn't belong to them, and nobody said anything. Turns out ChopBam did start the game with someone else's item, Nodlied's garlic. Do we really know for sure where the 1-UP was on D1? (Did Nodlied see it in VERT's inventory N1? Another thing I need to go back and check)

Louis: My stance on Louis is mostly going to depend on how this interaction of roles between Louis/ChopBam/iLTS goes. Why did iLTS use inhale when that shouldn't be the action that ChopBam has anymore? I noted that Louis didn't use the correct term to describe what happened to her. She said she was warped, not sucked up and spit out.

FRAYDO: I don't like the direction his cases have been going today, but all in all he's probably the most townie player left standing. He volunteered as sacrifice, afterall. Unless ChopBam was his buddy that was quite dangerous, and OrangeP47/FRAYDO/ChopBam doesn't seem like a partcularly likely scum pairing.

Myself: You guys should suspect me. I haven't managed to do anything verifiable and frankly I think if I were on the outside of this situation I would be going after me.

And here, on Day FOUR, we finally get what looks like a typical Cat5 post. Even then, however, there's some issues.

Look at how heavily he seems to suspect Mojo and iLTS. He's done so all game, and yet has never fully explained his reasoning on either of them. More importantly, however, look at his section on Chop. It's a whole lot of fluff that boils down to "The evidence says he's scum, but does it really?" Overall, his interactions with ChopBam felt like two players pushing on each other when it's convenient, only to back off and try to deter suspicion away from each other. This is exactly what I expect from a scum Cat5. A town Cat5 would be making this kind of post far earlier, and would be more solid with his reads and bring harder evidence. I was tempted to quote examples from a game where Cat5 was town (APB Mafia 1) and a game where Cat5 was scum (Battle of the Gods Mafia), but I don't know if that's allowed, so I won't do so. Besides, I think this case is solid enough.

##vote Category 5 Hurricane