[GAME OVER] CYOR: Nintendo Edition

Jeod

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

If Louis has an action to stop roleblocks, who is she helping then?

I could see her role being both town or scum. I'm not sure who would find it more beneficial, but my first thought is that it's scum who gets the most benefit.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

iLTS, do you know for sure he can use that action at night?

Nodlied? He could only use it at night.

Alright, so at least we know he isn't lying about it. For a moment I was considering that all roleblocks were not on the mafia side.

However, as you're going to lynch me I'm going to add a bit of information I've been hiding, as it may be relevant for Louis vs Mojoman.

That gif I'm using as my avatar is one I made myself using footage from my copy of the game. I specifically made it because I wanted her holding a Rapier.

I have a Rapier as my item. I can roleblock people who target me as long as I'm holding it.

So, in the case where ChopBam and Louis are the scum team, there are three roleblocks outside of the scum team, and a scum member who has never proven to use her ability has the ability to undo a roleblock.

I almost would prefer that you lynch me anyway at this point, just to prove what I've been saying is true. Now that I've revealed my trump card, I can't expect to use it.

However, should I survive I should get another chance to prove my role. I might just pass the Rapier away as well, see if someone else can use it.

9 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Alright, so at least we know he isn't lying about it. For a moment I was considering that all roleblocks were not on the mafia side.

However, as you're going to lynch me I'm going to add a bit of information I've been hiding, as it may be relevant for Louis vs Mojoman.

That gif I'm using as my avatar is one I made myself using footage from my copy of the game. I specifically made it because I wanted her holding a Rapier.

I have a Rapier as my item. I can roleblock people who target me as long as I'm holding it.

So, in the case where ChopBam and Louis are the scum team, there are three roleblocks outside of the scum team, and a scum member who has never proven to use her ability has the ability to undo a roleblock.

That's a hell of a game changer.

##unvote

I don't feel like voting Louis just yet, however. I want to get a more detailed case down first.

13 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

One thing to remember is that Nodlied was Third Party, even though he acted like town. So that would give one roleblock to each faction. With that in mind, I don't really see her role as being an indicator of her alignment.

I'm still suspicious of her given ChopBam's supposed validation, but that could also just be him trying to get a town member on his side.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

One thing to remember is that Nodlied was Third Party, even though he acted like town.

Indeed, however roleblocks are more dangerous for a scum team than for town. A missing NK and a claimed roleblock is a really quick way to get taken down.

I'm going to point out another thing as this is relevant to me questioning what happened with the 1-Up getting to ChopBam.

Despite me having an item that roleblocks people that target me, I still had an item passed to me. This suggested to me at the time that passing items does not get effected by roleblocks. ChopBam's claim that he can't pass the 1-UP effectively counters that idea, however.

Here's where I'm at; Everything points to Chop being scum. Everything also points to there being two scum members. However, I'm having trouble rationalizing who that scummate is. It's definitely not FRAYDO, and my gut tells me it's not Mojo (scum team having a warp star PLUS a one-time lynchproof passive AND three members total? That's crazy imbalanced). iLikeToSnipe came into the game late, and opened by trying to build a case on Chop based on him skimming over some important info, which I don't think would happen if they were a scum team together. For me, that leaves either Louis or Category 5, and I'm having trouble deciding. There's a case for Cat5, but his responses today and the reveal of his item make me doubt this possibility. As for Louis... I don't think there's a strong enough case there. At least not yet.

2 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

On the surface level I feel like such a thing is pretty unlikely. I feel like that if iLTS were scum, Mojoman would be the partner.

That could be an interesting possibility worth looking into. We'll have to assume that the 1UP didn't come from Verti at all if this is the case, however.