Jeod

2 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

##vote nolynch

56 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

Uhhh. Slow hammer?

##vote nolynch. 

I can't decide who it is.

53 minutes ago, Mojoman said:

Nah actually let's set this to rest at least.

##unvote

##vote iLTS

12 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I'm tired of merely talking the talk.

##vote Mojoman

11 minutes ago, Louis said:

##vote mojoman

5 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I don't like this. Chop and Louis have been heavily in sync the whole day, and those two votes right next to each other don't help.

xxvote ChopBam

Nah, just kidding.

##vote Louis

image.png.566f9c974094bde1ef34e07cc9cab0d5.png

Lmk if I missed any.

6 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I don't like this. Chop and Louis have been heavily in sync the whole day, and those two votes right next to each other don't help.

xxvote ChopBam

Nah, just kidding.

##vote Louis

I've made my case as to why I'd vote for mojo, but I don't know why chop is vote with me, but I've made my case, what's your case as to voting for me?

5 minutes ago, Louis said:

I've made my case as to why I'd vote for mojo, but I don't know why chop is vote with me, but I've made my case, what's your case as to voting for me?

The short version is in the post you're quoting, and has been brought up. I've got some time, though; I'll go ahead and grab the long version.

I won't restate why, just look at my post history, but I firmly believe that ChopBam is scum. He does a good job maintaining his innocence, but I think the rest of us have agreed that he's scum. There's not much point debating it anymore, at least not today.

So, that leaves us with finding the third scum member. Based on how powerful town is and knowing ChopBam's role, I don't see any way that there's only two scum. There's seven of us left and two of those seven are scum. That would mean they need to kill three more of us to win, which puts us at MYLO tomorrow no matter what. So a no lynch is out of the question, we need information.

With ChopBam as the second scum member, we can quickly narrow down who could be the third member.

• Mojo is out of the picture, I don't expect scum to have two lynch proofs... Purely in terms of scum read he's in my top four.
  • FRAYDO has done nothing but help town. He offered to sacrifice himself, he's done a good job scum hunting, and interacting with him in the masonry I get nothing but town reads from him.
  • KY has also been making posts with good scum hunting content. As far as I'm concerned, his role is confirmed to me through FRAYDO. This and his scum hunting make him town to me.

So that leaves Cat5 and Louis:

Cat5:

• Varies his intensity attacking ChopBam based on how "safe" ChopBam currently is
  • His own posts and scum hunting feel like nebulous statements wrapped in fluff
  • Picked Shade to boost even though he was the obvious night kill target
    • We can't validate his ability at all

Louis:

• ChopBam has "verified" her role, we otherwise have no way of actually confirming it so far
  • Not much content D1 and D2, but she claims to have been busy outside of the game
    • I can't really get any read on her content, but I haven't played many games with her
  • Currently siding with ChopBam

D3 I didn't have a scum read on Cat5. That all changed when he started defending ChopBam today and making the cases he's made. Looking back at his posts it just feels like "Well who knows? Anybody could be scum! Except maybe not ChopBam." It feels like trying to steer the lynch towards targets of opportunity (i.e. Mojo).

Louis has been a null read up until today for me. She flew under my radar due to the lack of content and the scummy behavior of other players. Looking back on her posts, I can't really see anything up until today that would stand out as scummy behavior, just like Cat5. However, the "meta" of her posts hasn't changed. She still feels like a newer player who's trying to learn.

I can see an alibi for Louis siding with ChopBam, he's just trying to play to her and get a town ally to back him up when it comes to votes. I don't see any alibi for Cat5 outside of being "off his game".

So, I'm keeping my vote on Cat5. I'm convinced that he's the third mafia member and that we should lynch him today.

2 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

but I firmly believe that ChopBam is scum

Your entire quasi-town post is flawed because it stems from this false premise. I'm still trying to puzzle together whether you already know that I'm not scum, as this is a very strong statement and line of bullshit to follow, for somebody making a bunch of assumptions about a 1-Up, of all things.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

Your entire quasi-town post is flawed because it stems from this false premise. I'm still trying to puzzle together whether you already know that I'm not scum, as this is a very strong statement and line of bullshit to follow, for somebody making a bunch of assumptions about a 1-Up, of all things.

Why single out me? Do you think FRAYDO and KY are also scum because they think you're scum?

I've already gone back and forth with you on my reasons. I don't see a plausible explanation for you having that item that doesn't make you scum.

I think I'm going to go ahead and get off the Louis case. On the surface that quick double vote combined with her and ChopBam backing each other today looked rather scummy. But reading back through... that's it. Even then, it almost feels as if Chop was banking on Louis's desperation to clear herself as a proxy defense for himself. 

Cat5, on the other hand, has quietly taken advantage of this in the opposite direction. He brought up a possible slip on Louis's part, but left it to us to push on it. My earlier case on him, even sans Meta, still stands in my eyes. I think iLTS did a decent job building a case himself.

##vote Category 5 Hurricane

Also, Louis, a little advice from someone who was in the same boat a few years ago: Don't worry too much about being confirmed. Nothing will ever be 100% anyway. This is a game of trust and deception, not facts, and being concerned with your town standing is generally considered scummy. I'd recommend focusing less on how Town sees you and more about how you see other people.

34 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Why single out me? Do you think FRAYDO and KY are also scum because they think you're scum?

Why do you think I was singling you out? Because I was responding to you and your flimsy reasoning? FRAYDO and KY are currently reading way more townie to me now than you are, so that's one reason I chose to give this exact response to you instead of them. Not that this exact response was particularly "singling out"-like, even. I'm more interested now in why your internet heart rate suddenly spiked.

The way I see it, at least one living player in this thread knows for certain I am town, and they are one of three things:

1. Pushing me strongly as scum. On D3 this may have described Cat5, but now on D4 I am seeing it as iLTS.
  2. Playing the sheep and just following the reasoning to push the scapegoat but not spearheading it, lest I flip town before gameover and the cards fall back against them. D4 this describes Cat5, FRAYDO, and KY. FRAYDO and KY I trust their characters more than I trust their judgment. Cat5 still has a decent likelihood of being scum, because of reasons others mentioned. His slight "change in heart" toward me could be the realization that I may die and flip town before he'd win as scum, bringing the house back down on his head if he pushed too hard.
  3. Sitting back, being inactive, and letting me take the heat from well-meaning townies. I'm actually leaning on this with my vote on Mojoman, as he is just sliding by pretty easily since the scapegoat work is being done for him by others. Lastly this could describe Louis, and I'm not even 100% against a lynch on her, but she reads the least scummy to me out of the rest of you here as her posts read genuine.

I really feel like we could use a chart. I'd prefer a scummy TheIrishman to a scummy iLTS, because at least Irish would make [publicly accountable so therefore accurate] charts that would help everyone follow what's happened with claims over the days and nights, so things could be pieced together.

For one, giving each person an alibi that's been confirmed by others for each night would be great so we can rule out some suspects and line up other claims to see what doesn't fit.

Here's one more for the iLST-is-scum case. iLTS may be comfortable pushing me as hard as he is, because he's done the math. Go on this red herring goose chase with Louis, trying to take an item that's not there. Lynch some other town today (1), NK tonight (2), lynch me tomorrow (3), NK the following night (4), and with two scum left that's a pretty confident-looking plan.

24 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Also, Louis, a little advice from someone who was in the same boat a few years ago: Don't worry too much about being confirmed. Nothing will ever be 100% anyway. This is a game of trust and deception, not facts, and being concerned with your town standing is generally considered scummy. I'd recommend focusing less on how Town sees you and more about how you see other people.

Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated, I still feel like I have a lot to learn.

Just now, Killing_You said:

Also, this puts Louis more on the Town side, now that I think about it. If she was scum, she would've gotten this advice already from her partners in the scumdoc.

Exactly, you can't fake this kinda stuff unless you're really experience at this kind of thing.

3 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Someone asked for a chart

Di55y Scum
GreyP51 Scum
Killing Me Softly Scum
IrishLikeToSnipe Scum

Mojo Jojo

Scum
SlapChop Scum
Hugh Capet Scum
odyarf Scum
Tropical Storm Scum