[GAME OVER] CYOR: Nintendo Edition

Jeod

Here's one problem: Somebody killed Verti on N1. This entire time I assumed it wasn't Orange, because I had RB'd him, and Mojoman has an alibi. This means someone else, likely iLTS, KY, or Cat5 did the kill. KY has an alibi with a masonry or something, yes? Does iLTS forcing the mask onto Nodlied count as an alibi? If so, I am tempted to revisit the idea of Louis having unroleblocked Orange's kill attempt, although Louis has been reading to me as earnest and truthful this entire time. She doesn't have the vibe of a newbie scum.

One potential hole in that logic is the assumption that iLTS' thing with the mask forcing itself into people's possession is his night action, rather than use of an item. If it's mere use of an item, then iLTS was still free to perform another action on N1 and thus would not have an alibi. Does anyone else have information or caught something I might have missed? Need some  corroboration here.

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

KY has an alibi with a masonry or something, yes?

N2 he opened a masonry with me through his action, yes. N1 his claim was attempting said masonry with Verti.

5 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Does iLTS forcing the mask onto Nodlied count as an alibi?

If we assume that moving the mask was the night action and not an item action, then yes. Otherwise he could not have performed the NK and move the mask in one night.

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

One potential hole in that logic is the assumption that iLTS' thing with the mask forcing itself into people's possession is his night action, rather than use of an item. If it's mere use of an item, then iLTS was still free to perform another action on N1 and thus would not have an alibi. Does anyone else have information or caught something I might have missed? Need some  corroboration here.

Passing/forcing the mask counts as an item action, not a role action.

The way I'm thinking right now, if we nail scum today and I am lynched tomorrow, I will have an alibi during N5's kill so when I come back on D6 we can nail the last one.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Passing/forcing the mask counts as an item action, not a role action.

..well shit.

2 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

N1 his claim was attempting said masonry with Verti.

..well shit x2.

So we're missing these two alibis for N1. Dammit.

Seeing as how I've posited other theories on scum teams the past few days and backed up my case against you and Cat5 with solid reasoning... No, not really.

It would reflect really, really poorly on you as scum if I flipped town before the game was over. So the explanation I have for you is that you've put all your cards into lynching town today. With two scum members that would be 4 town remaining after today's lynch. NK tonight would yield 3 town remaining. Lynch me tomorrow, 2 town for one night, NK then which is 1 town, but I return for a 2 town vs 2 scum. Losing town situation.

Just now, ChopBam said:

but I return for a 2 town vs 2 scum

And at this point my public flip doesn't matter. So my argument is that you've gone all in, 100% on pushing me as scum. I'd have a hard time seeing town players doing this, but I haven't seen you as town enough to know your meta.

Just now, ChopBam said:

It would reflect really, really poorly on you as scum if I flipped town before the game was over. So the explanation I have for you is that you've put all your cards into lynching town today. With two scum members that would be 4 town remaining after today's lynch. NK tonight would yield 3 town remaining. Lynch me tomorrow, 2 town for one night, NK then which is 1 town, but I return for a 2 town vs 2 scum. Losing town situation.

Let me ask you this, outside of claiming "one tracked mind", what else do you have against me? Do you have issues with the reasoning I've used? Am I wrong about just how suspicious you are to have the 1-UP? An I wrong that your initial attempts at scum hunting today were fishy? I can summarize your case against me as "he thinks I'm scum, I know I'm town, so he must be scum".

You want to know why I'm so set on you being scum? Because there's physical evidence casting a great amount of suspicion on you. It would be suspicious of me if that was the only reason I was claiming you were scum. But it isn't the only reason, is it? But you keep on pretending that it is. Ignoring arguments against you and pretending the don't exist isn't a town tactic.

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Let me ask you this, outside of claiming "one tracked mind", what else do you have against me?

1. You said it yourself pretty early on, that you doubt there would be two so-similar move copying abilities on the town team. I could agree with that, and since I'm town that would cast one point against you.
  2. Your character, Majora, is bent on mayhem and destruction, using this shady mask thing to try to control people.
  3. Process of elimination to rule out a number of the other players puts you high on the list. I've gone over how difficult the other combinations are working out.
  4. A mention of the 1-Up item and a lucky "guess" at how it'd be used in a mafia game, before the knowledge became public that I was holding one, let alone one existed.
  5. Apparently no alibis.

I have to say it again, but this way that you've completely tunneled me today even after I followed your suggestion to "scumhunt" and posted my suspicions from D1 and D2 is very fishy indeed.

Even if I could somehow be lynched today and the GM confirmed me as town, I'd wager that you would still find some way to claim I'm scum because the 1-Up possession was so painfully impossible for town.

3 minutes ago, ChopBam said:
  1. You said it yourself pretty early on, that you doubt there would be two so-similar move copying abilities on the town team. I could agree with that, and since I'm town that would cast one point against you.
  2. Your character, Majora, is bent on mayhem and destruction, using this shady mask thing to try to control people.
  3. Process of elimination to rule out a number of the other players puts you high on the list. I've gone over how difficult the other combinations are working out.
  4. A mention of the 1-Up item and a lucky "guess" at how it'd be used in a mafia game, before the knowledge became public that I was holding one, let alone one existed.
  5. Apparently no alibis.

I have to say it again, but this way that you've completely tunneled me today even after I followed your suggestion to "scumhunt" and posted my suspicions from D1 and D2 is very fishy indeed.

Even if I could somehow be lynched today and the GM confirmed me as town, I'd wager that you would still find some way to claim I'm scum because the 1-Up possession was so painfully impossible for town.

1. Yeah, I did bring that up and it was what made me suspicious of you D2.

2. So far, flavor hasn't had any bearing on alignment. Would you consider Banjo an evil character? Would you consider any of the other flavors as evil? If not, how do you reconcile that with the belief that there's two scum remaining? This a weak, bad argument.

3. Process of elimination puts everyone except Mojo on the list.

4. It's not a lucky guess. A 1-UP is an item that has only ever given you an extra life in a video game. I wonder how that might translate into mafia? It's a pretty reasonable guess. We also only have your word for how it actually works.

5. I don't have any alibis, and that is a point of suspicion on me. But I'm hardly the only player who has that going against them.

For your first paragraph, you've done a poor job scum hunting and I specifically called you out on that.

For your second paragraph, that's obviously not true and you know that.

For your second paragraph, that's obviously not true and you know that.

Oh right, you would probably just change the subject and hope nobody noticed the last 5 or 10 pages of the thread. :sweatdrop:

1. Yeah, I did bring that up and it was what made me suspicious of you D2.

All we have is our own knowledge to go on, so this is unlikely to convince third parties.

2. So far, flavor hasn't had any bearing on alignment. Would you consider Banjo an evil character? Would you consider any of the other flavors as evil? If not, how do you reconcile that with the belief that there's two scum remaining? This a weak, bad argument.

At the very least, the flavor text on the mask references some sort of mind control. I'll acknowledge this doesn't necessarily mean it's a bad source.

3. Process of elimination puts everyone except Mojo on the list.

This is where a chart would come in handy.

4. It's not a lucky guess. A 1-UP is an item that has only ever given you an extra life in a video game. I wonder how that might translate into mafia? It's a pretty reasonable guess. We also only have your word for how it actually works.

I'm seeing a pattern here. "My knowledge vs your knowledge."

5. I don't have any alibis, and that is a point of suspicion on me. But I'm hardly the only player who has that going against them.

Right, I'm starting to see that now. But again, a chart describing everybody's claimed abilities and visitations would be extremely useful in puzzling this piece together.

Just now, Nodlied said:

Better hope somebody will host a halloween themed one again then.

Just now, ChopBam said:

Yea you're missing out man.

@TheIrishman usually does those but he's MIA :v But since CYORs are usually 2-3 weeks long, I can probably squeeze one in before baby time.