[GAME OVER] CYOR: Nintendo Edition

Jeod

16 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Friendly reminder that iLikeToSnipe quietly backed out of voting Louis for basically no reason.

While I did like my plan on Louis, I’m starting to think the votes need to be on iLTS. My N3 NK case is too strong to let him slide on that. The CVC is still good as it stands, I believe.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Possibly.

More importantly, this looks like iLTS launching a last ditch effort to save his scum partner.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'm fine with leaving a vote on Louis, voting ChopBam, and seeing if he uses it. If he is scum then Louis has to be scum.

No time for such plans. One vote on ChopBam does nothing. However, if you believe he is scum then Louis is scum as you say in your statement. Today’s flip will tell us everything we need to know.

3 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

While I did like my plan on Louis, I’m starting to think the votes need to be on iLTS. My N3 NK case is too strong to let him slide on that. The CVC is still good as it stands, I believe.

Fair enough, although I'm probably leaving my vote on Louis. Like I said, out of the two scum teams I can see logically working, both of them include her. For what it's worth, though, your plan appears to have worked.

15 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Am I the only one concerned that ChopBam has seemingly lied about the warp star?

Ehhhhh???

1) You yourself implored whoever has the warp star to keep silent about it.

2) If scum got it, of course they won't fess up even if you ask them nicely.

7 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Today’s flip will tell us everything we need to know.

Reiterating this for importance.

If Louis flips Town, we have effectively removed ChopBam’s counter. He was quite concerned with Louis being free tonight, as if you recall her claimed ability is undoing roleblocks. The scum team will then have a uncontested roleblocker and a killer free.

If Louis flips Scum, good job everyone. Today has been a good day. 

Fingers crossed.

2 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Reiterating this for importance.

If Louis flips Town, we have effectively removed ChopBam’s counter. He was quite concerned with Louis being free tonight, as if you recall her claimed ability is undoing roleblocks. The scum team will then have a uncontested roleblocker and a killer free.

If Louis flips Scum, good job everyone. Today has been a good day. 

Fingers crossed.

I'm really glad that a FRAYDO/ChopBam scum team isn't possible...

1 minute ago, FRAYDO said:

her claimed ability is undoing roleblocks.

She really can do that. My issue is how that could be a town ability, as it would require some deep skills to undo an actual roleblock that's taken place, and to do it correctly for your team. Much easier to target one's scummates every night than to guess and guess within the guess.

She's played the town card really well, so she must have guidance from a very experienced source, if she is indeed scum.

Louis was Queen Rutela....and scum!

image.thumb.png.ad439d73e56253dd61c6e98dc7ac1e1a.png

Nobody can say why Queen Rutela decided to join the mafia in the afterlife. Perhaps she became corrupted, or perhaps she seeks vengeance on the Twili who killed her.

NIGHT FIVE

On 9/24/2019 at 3:15 PM, ChopBam said:

Here's one problem: Somebody killed Verti on N1. This entire time I assumed it wasn't Orange, because I had RB'd him, and Mojoman has an alibi. This means someone else, likely iLTS, KY, or Cat5 did the kill. KY has an alibi with a masonry or something, yes? Does iLTS forcing the mask onto Nodlied count as an alibi? If so, I am tempted to revisit the idea of Louis having unroleblocked Orange's kill attempt, although Louis has been reading to me as earnest and truthful this entire time. She doesn't have the vibe of a newbie scum.

1 hour ago, ChopBam said:

She really can do that. My issue is how that could be a town ability, as it would require some deep skills to undo an actual roleblock that's taken place, and to do it correctly for your team. Much easier to target one's scummates every night than to guess and guess within the guess.

She's played the town card really well, so she must have guidance from a very experienced source, if she is indeed scum.

I'm currently going back through the different posts, but this stuck out to me.

Louis wasn't very active and what little activity she had didn't contribute much. Just barely flying under the radar isn't "guidance from a very experienced source". So she's suddenly gone from an "earnest and truthful" newbie who reads as town to somebody who is guided by a master mafia player?

The only three players who could possibly be scum are myself, Mojo, and ChopBam. Mojo has been just about as inactive as Louis and he hasn't had the most "pro-town" behavior. My vibe from ChopBam during the latter half of the day was taking a step back, waiting to see what happened, and looking to see what he could set up.

My read of Mojo is he goes from being aggressive/reckless to laid back and inactive. It's not the best behavior for town, but it's not always an indicator of being scum (i.e. Shade). However, being opportunistic is not town behavior. Waiting to see who's vulnerable and cryptically setting up for a lynch the next day is a move scum use.

If someone wants to make a case against me, I'll happily read it and argue against it. For now though, I'm leaning towards ChopBam as the final scum. He and Louis were in sync in several spots on the previous day (i.e. voting for Mojo). It's okay to have a change in opinion on alignment, but he's also completely flipped on her skill level.

57 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

If someone wants to make a case against me, I'll happily read it and argue against it.

The N3 NK. Let’s assume ChopBam is Town and so this makes sense he blocked the Scum Louis.  These two are then not responsible for the N3 NK.

Now let’s assume the converse. ChopBam is Scum and falsely claimed to have blocked Louis and they coordinated the claim in public to throw off all suspicion. This opens the possibility for either of them being the N3 murderer.

I’ll need an argument that tells me you’re not Louis’ partner, and that you were not responsible for Shade’s death. Otherwise, my earlier case on page 70 holds up and it’s likely going to be a hammer.

3 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'm currently going back through the different posts, but this stuck out to me.

Louis wasn't very active and what little activity she had didn't contribute much. Just barely flying under the radar isn't "guidance from a very experienced source". So she's suddenly gone from an "earnest and truthful" newbie who reads as town to somebody who is guided by a master mafia player?

I'm a sucker for sob stories. From what I read on Louis after some pressure built up on her, she seemed like the underdog who just wanted to see a win, and having seen a solid alibi on her for Shade's death on N3 I turned to seek justice elsewhere. She's either very good on her own at playing this off, or she's been guided by you this whole time in what to say, and what to claim. The rest of us believed her story as much as we believed anyone else's, and her alibi (admittedly only confirmed with me) threw me for a loop. I was somewhat surprised that she still distanced herself from me even after I confirmed her ability, but I didn't think much of it.

4 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

My vibe from ChopBam during the latter half of the day was taking a step back, waiting to see what happened, and looking to see what he could set up.

This is just your vibe. I've had event work yesterday and today, as I do most weekends (especially September) and as just about everyone here knows.

4 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

My read of Mojo is he goes from being aggressive/reckless to laid back and inactive. It's not the best behavior for town, but it's not always an indicator of being scum (i.e. Shade). However, being opportunistic is not town behavior. Waiting to see who's vulnerable and cryptically setting up for a lynch the next day is a move scum use.

I'll agree on the reckless/laid back flip behavior being confusing. To be fair, he did have an extra life and seemed to want to flaunt it for a lynch, then became laid back afterwards. However, If Mojo is the scum player, why would he announce that he has an available nightkill (smart bomb)? Louis also voted for Mojo yesterday, but do you suspect that's just them trying to create distance?

It just occurred to me that Louis may have unroleblocked Orange N1 so Orange could make the kill.

Speaking of Louis and her night ability, it was designed to stop roleblocks. This would mean that her enemy, the town players, must have a lot of roleblocking available. A few people starting this game with roleblock capabilities come to mind: Cat5.... me.... Mojo.... balance itself should help us determine who is town and who is not.

All of the things above leave iLTS as our last suspect. I was the first to jump on the Louis train today after FRAYDO suggested it. iLTS the last. Was it just coincidence in the timing of him coming to the thread after three votes were already on Louis? I don't think so.

Recall our earlier discussion of attempting to explain why there was no NK last night, and consider the following answer received.

On 9/26/2019 at 5:19 AM, iLikeToSnipe said:

@FRAYDO That's one possibility I've been considering. The other is that the scum team is such that any role flip out at least one of them. Not sure how that fits yet.

I think we know now how that fits. With Louis' flip, scum have lost their role that undoes roleblocks. ChopBam is a role that can do roleblocks. The likelihood of both roles being on the same team is very low. However, anything is possible so let's place ChopBam in suspicion here.

In order to further strengthen the case against you or against ChopBam, we must review the roles of you two. Let's take this piece of piece.

Exhibit A:
Much earlier in the game while discussing abilities it was noted that both ChopBam and iLTS have OP abilities, which led Shade to the conclusion that it's unlikely they are Town.

On 9/19/2019 at 7:35 PM, Shade939 said:

Well, unless players want to bring forth some new information, I'm not certain there's enough going on at the moment to figure out if someone is Mafia, other than the fact ChopBam and iLTS have OP enough abilities that it's unlikely they're Town.

Exhibit B:
iLTS notes the similarities between him and ChopBam, leading him to reason that ChopBam may not be Town.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:02 PM, iLikeToSnipe said:

Me: ChopBam has a powerful role similar to me, he might not be town.

Shade, an intellectual: These two players have similar, powerful roles, they must be scum.

Exhibit C:
ChopBam in turn points the question of alignment back to iLTS.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:02 PM, iLikeToSnipe said:

Me: ChopBam has a powerful role similar to me, he might not be town.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, ChopBam said:

Again uh,

nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.

On 9/19/2019 at 8:58 PM, ChopBam said:

@iLikeToSnipe You say our roles are similar, but I'm the suspicious one because of my role? What does that make you????

A question which was responded with:

On 9/19/2019 at 9:06 PM, iLikeToSnipe said:

Suspicious to me personally. I didn't think it likely that town would have two roles copying abilities.

And lastly, I want to include this last piece.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:20 AM, iLikeToSnipe said:

I doubted ChopBam's alignment because the role he claimed with Orange seemed pretty much the exact same as mine in terms of utility. The chances of two town having nearly the exact same role is pretty slim, so I thought he might be role fishing for an investigative role or something. That's why I passed the mask to him, because I wanted to verify what he had.

So we arrive back to the conclusion that the scum team is such that any role flip out at least one of them. [sic]

GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

The final scum decided to surrender if Mojoman didn't detonate the Smart Bomb on ChopBam. Not only did Mojoman choose not to detonate, but the scum was also roleblocked preventing a kill, assuring their death via lynch the next day. iLikeToSnipe, the scum Majora, has been defeated!

Noteworthy Players

Congratulations to @Louis who despite having to be at work for a good portion of the game, was able to sneak past town scumdar long enough for her partner to do the heavy lifting and nearly pull off a victory! For your first time as scum, watching you play was quite the twist.

Congratulations to @FRAYDO for surviving long enough to bare teeth! Is it the college courses that are making your Ace Attorney persona grow, or has it always been there?

Congratulations to @Killing_You for keeping his head in the game the entire time and contributing immensely to the town cause!

Congratulations to @iLikeToSnipe for jumping in to replace a scum and keeping a cool head throughout the game--I really appreciate you coming in despite knowing you'd be one scum down already.

Congratulations to @Shade939 for nailing the first scum, even though it was pure luck that Orange was scum and not actually scumhunting merit!

Congratulations to @Mojoman for finding his town game and making massive contributions to the final days of discussion!

Congratulations to @Nodlied for having the audacity to fart on so many players and even sending DK away! You'd likely have won if not for RNG.

Congratulations to @ChopBam for standing his ground and putting up a superb town defense in the face of scum deception!

The Game Data

Excel Spreadsheet

Scumdoc

Wii Fit Trainer's Gym

Gym Log

Charm Doc 1 (FRAYDO & iLikeToSnipe)

Charm Doc 2 (FRAYDO & ChopBam)

Dead Doc

Special Thanks

I want to thank all players for supporting mafia games. Mafia never happens without the players. In particular, @Category 5 Hurricane didn't need to play since he was on vacation, but did anyway. I'm sorry I didn't have more time to tweak the setup and create something as neat as EndGame Mafia, but I think this game still turned out decent enough to entertain everyone.

8 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Congratulations to @Nodlied for having the audacity to fart on so many players and even sending DK away! You'd likely have won if not for RNG.

I do indeed believe that I would have achieved my objective if it wasn't for that RNG lynch. :v Have I been infected with Fraydo's? Where's Verti and his brightly coloured pills when you need him?

I'd also like to acknowledge Chopbam's determined defense. The case on him was solid from a town perspective and thus he had to hold his ground against all odds. And held he did. Well done lad!

Did I manage to target all 3 scum in a row with my copy ability? What luck haha!

This game made me sweat. Nice work though iLTS, I thought you pushed where needed in all the right places. I really really had to double down. You almost had me convinced I wasn't town! :biggrin: