[GAME OVER] CYOR: Nintendo Edition

Jeod

1 hour ago, Nodlied said:

I'd also like to acknowledge Chopbam's determined defense. The case on him was solid from a town perspective and thus he had to hold his ground against all odds. And held he did. Well done lad!

Thanks Nodlied! I thought I was done for.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I, too, wanted to copy somebody's ability.

Wanted five day votes for Mafia by having two copies of Nodlied's ability? :p I feel like it effectively counted as two votes for that ability instead of one since overall you deprived that player of their vote to put it wherever you wanted to though.

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Some of us only tried to vote up him about every chance we had you know. :p

Yeah, all three kills scum made were high impact. Vert's death meant he couldn't explain how Chop got the 1-up through the roleblock, me dying meant I couldn't verify Cat5's no N2 action claim, and your death deprived town of their only anti-iLTS voice for awhile.

11 minutes ago, Retaliation said:

Warning: Lots of whining about how iTLS bamboozled you guys for so long in the dead doc :ghost:

it's easy to shit talk about bamboozling when you guys were spoiled the minute you walked into the dead doc. :P

1 minute ago, ChopBam said:

I suppose it is noteworthy that all three of my roleblock actions hit scum, but none of the blocks actually stopped anything that would have been useful for scum.

I was literally just trying to spy on Shade like any good town would do.

24 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Wanted five day votes for Mafia by having two copies of Nodlied's ability? :p I feel like it effectively counted as two votes for that ability instead of one since overall you deprived that player of their vote to put it wherever you wanted to though.

Actually, depending on the situation, my fart could have made a 3 vote difference. :v

6 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Actually, depending on the situation, my fart could have made a 3 vote difference. :v

Votes on that DK day seemed to be veering towards iLTS initially but yeah...DK... donkey..kong. DK... Donkey Kong is HERE! He can handstand.. when he needs to, & stretch his arms out, just for you.

Hey guys, I'm curious about this but not curious enough to make a dedicated thread for it. Has playing mafia over the years affected your personality in real life for better or worse? Has it helped to solidify your identity, your method of thinking, or has playing mafia even encouraged a change in flaws you didn't realize you had until someone pointed them out?

For me, since 2016, I feel like playing mafia here has improved my thought-to-speech process and vocabulary. I've always considered myself a person who is better at putting their thoughts into written text as opposed to vocal language. Around 2017, I realized that I was improving in the latter. Of course there were a lot of other contributing factors--my relationship-turned marriage, my spouse's family members...I was introverted and living alone before I met her, but I also met her shortly after APB Mafia III. I firmly believe the debates I experienced in these mafia games have helped my brain translate thoughts to speech faster (don't ask me how, I've no idea) and in turn boosted my confidence. I've learned more about my impulses and learned to decide which to keep and which to try to shrug off. Thanks to interactions with strangers in google docs and game threads, I've exposed myself to external analysis and a pattern of One-Dimensional Thinking was discovered, which in turn gave me a new goal of something to overcome.

I don't know if playing mafia games on this website is as important to some of you, but in the past three years, it's meant a lot to me.