TS: Reborn News Update (8 August 2019)

Does the Mk2 still hover? And (if it hasn't been done already) maybe make the Orca Carryall bigger and fly slower, so it doesn't look like this tiny little plane carrying a giant mech around at warp speed?

18 minutes ago, delta said:

Does the Mk2 still hover? And (if it hasn't been done already) maybe make the Orca Carryall bigger and fly slower, so it doesn't look like this tiny little plane carrying a giant mech around at warp speed?

It doesn't any more. It's been completely re-rigged to fix the mistakes of the past. :p

On 8/9/2019 at 3:26 PM, Timeaua said:

very good. now when can we start Reborn 2.0 battles?

We've still got quite a lot of work to do. If you were free to come and help us with polishing up the maps, we'd definitely appreciate it! :) 

Does it actually crush all vehicles or just the smaller ones? 

I'm not sure whether I see it crushing a deployed tick tank, for example.

As far as that logic goes, does it also crush GDI vehicles? 

Edited by GaryOak

On 8/12/2019 at 2:43 PM, GaryOak said:

Does it actually crush all vehicles or just the smaller ones? 

I'm not sure whether I see it crushing a deployed tick tank, for example.

As far as that logic goes, does it also crush GDI vehicles? 

It will crush anything that is a vehicle currently. Even other MKIIs.

Luckily for us though, you can't have more than one MKII on the map at once.

Eventually we'd like to introduce a crush rating, similar to what C&C3 has, so that we can control what can crush what in a more considered fashion.

1: Can you remove/ rework dust clouds created by movement? it looks like threads instead of legs.

2: Crushing vehs is quite nice. But the look of destroying stuff and dissappearing without a trace is a little bit painful. It would be nice if ANY destroyed vehicle cause craters or wreckage like in IA.

3: DTs are now useless against MK2, cuz of short range and hard gun handling. It will be crushed easily. Moreover, it may cause destroying DTs while burrowing.

One more thing i would like to mention, but it's quite late is about Confessor Gun new texture. I don't really like it. The weapon "screen" good, but metall parts of the gun now looks like made of gum&plastic instead of real heavy metal in comparsion to the old texture. IMO it should shine more and be darker.

On 8/13/2019 at 4:56 PM, OWA said:

It will crush anything that is a vehicle currently. Even other MKIIs.

Luckily for us though, you can't have more than one MKII on the map at once.

Eventually we'd like to introduce a crush rating, similar to what C&C3 has, so that we can control what can crush what in a more considered fashion.

That's exactly what I was thinking lol. Though now I'm thinking.. in case of the deployed tick tank..is that a unit or a structure?

1 hour ago, Trollek said:

1: Can you remove/ rework dust clouds created by movement? it looks like threads instead of legs.

2: Crushing vehs is quite nice. But the look of destroying stuff and dissappearing without a trace is a little bit painful. It would be nice if ANY destroyed vehicle cause craters or wreckage like in IA.

3: DTs are now useless against MK2, cuz of short range and hard gun handling. It will be crushed easily. Moreover, it may cause destroying DTs while burrowing.

One more thing i would like to mention, but it's quite late is about Confessor Gun new texture. I don't really like it. The weapon "screen" good, but metall parts of the gun now looks like made of gum&plastic instead of real heavy metal in comparsion to the old texture. IMO it should shine more and be darker.

1. We are currently looking at removing them.

2. This is a lot of work and something we can't do unless more artists appear to help us.

3. The MKII must be moving towards it's target in order to crush it, so attacking it from the sides will still work. The Devil's tongue is not effective against the MKII anyway, due to flamethrowers not being very good against heavy vehicles. Ideally you should pick a Stealth Tank, Bike or Reaper to fight a MKII. The MKII won't kill a DT when it it is burrowing because it relies on collision to crush.

The Confessor gun texture can be tweaked, but it's not really a priority right now. I'll make a note of it however. 

Cheers for you feedback!

• 3 weeks later...