remove unfair building restore

1 minute ago, Threve said:

While I see the argument there as well, it can also be said that sometimes *cough* mt.pass.. there will be a Refinery rush in the first 5 minutes and a Restore is needed to bring it back quickly. Or a really good game that doesn’t have to come to a close because one building died. I do see how it can be a double edge sword sometimes. I think the balance comes from both teams can pick them up

This feature is a grey-area zone for me imo. 
Just my five pence

16 minutes ago, Threve said:

While I see the argument there as well, it can also be said that sometimes *cough* mt.pass.. there will be a ref rush in the first 5 minutes and a Restore is needed to bring it back quickly. Or a really good game that doesn’t have to come to a close because one building died. I do see how it can be a double edge sword sometimes. I think the balance comes from both teams can pick them up

Mt.Pass actually doesn't have building restore powerups because it has a conyard. They don't spawn on maps with conyards since the conyard can buy buildings back. If you lose the conyard you are out of luck. 

4 minutes ago, TemporaryName said:

ty @dblaney1for your response, could you remove unfair building restore powerups on all maps
please

I think he’ll review the facts/opinions of ALL players here on this forum before coming to his conclusion as to what should be done. Maybe a poll would be a good idea to gauge people who did and also did not comment in the IA community.

I'm not taking sides in this thread as to keep / remove the restore. I will say to keep in mind that this thread only represents a small number of folks.

I don't want to see changes made because a small number of people complain. Kneejerk reactions have brought about very few positive changes IMO.

2 hours ago, KTFF said:

I'm not taking sides in this thread as to keep / remove the restore. I will say to keep in mind that this thread only represents a small number of folks.

I don't want to see changes made because a small number of people complain. Kneejerk reactions have brought about very few positive changes IMO.

And common sense prevails.................

I like the fact that you still have the chance to change a game when the winning team decides to whore kill and fool around instead of winning. 
I wasn't in the game but if it happened how you can see in the thread, thats exactly what GDI deserves lol 

I'm perfectly fine with it since it encourages field control regardless you are winning or losing. I was against it at first, until I read this thread and saw how teamplay deserved to win more than kill whore.

5 hours ago, Goliath35 said:

I'd say it's a ball kicker if advanced base defences (AGT/Obelisk) could be restored. 

Which brings me to ask, how come they can't anyways? 

5 hours ago, Sharky89 said:

Why not make the restore only for AGT/OB, Refinery and PP like in the past?

Is because in IA the AGT and Obelisk are base defenses using Vehicle logic instead of a building logic like Renegade. There are pro's and con's for this setup and I already considered using Vehicle logic.

Pro's

1st is because you can easily relocate without redoing vis.

2nd you do not need to cut holes and weld it later.

3rd you can have multiple obelisk and agt's

4th no MCT which prevent camping afk-repair ( not really but his less protected than in building )

Con's

No interior thus no spawn point + PT

It ties to 1 Power Plant only, so if you have more than 1 AGT/Obelisk require multiple power plants? There were work around I think but is Research & Development again to find out.

However is still quite possible to restore Obelisk/Agt one way or another but I am afraid this will make the match lean more to camping and defending. I might be wrong.

9 minutes ago, ganein14 said:

Why not have an option to buy the Obelisk/AGT back like the other buildings?

I'm sure Kaskins can speak in more detail, but the short answer is this will require a lot of additional work for each map. I would rather see him spend time making new maps, updating the more popular maps with Conyards and Comm Centers.

19 hours ago, dblaney1 said:

Mt.Pass actually doesn't have building restore powerups because it has a conyard. They don't spawn on maps with conyards since the conyard can buy buildings back. If you lose the conyard you are out of luck. 

what we do for these fleeting bits of information from the creator...

tell us more lord!

15 hours ago, KTFF said:

Dude welcome to IA. Name 1 change in the last year that wasn't a result of a fringe minorities outcries. 

5 hours ago, Kaskins said:

Is because in IA the AGT and Obelisk are base defenses using Vehicle logic instead of a building logic like Renegade. There are pro's and con's for this setup and I already considered using Vehicle logic.

Pro's

1st is because you can easily relocate without redoing vis.

2nd you do not need to cut holes and weld it later.

3rd you can have multiple obelisk and agt's

4th no MCT which prevent camping afk-repair ( not really but his less protected than in building )

Con's

No interior thus no spawn point + PT

It ties to 1 Power Plant only, so if you have more than 1 AGT/Obelisk require multiple power plants? There were work around I think but is Research & Development again to find out.

However is still quite possible to restore Obelisk/Agt one way or another but I am afraid this will make the match lean more to camping and defending. I might be wrong.

No offence, and I mean it, but all I'm hearing is "it's easier to develop for at the expense of ingame convenience."

Edited by Cjx0r

16 hours ago, Lamar said:

I like the fact that you still have the chance to change a game when the winning team decides to whore kill and fool around instead of winning. 
I wasn't in the game but if it happened how you can see in the thread, thats exactly what GDI deserves lol 

14 hours ago, Cat said:

I'm perfectly fine with it since it encourages field control regardless you are winning or losing. I was against it at first, until I read this thread and saw how teamplay deserved to win more than kill whore.

@Lamar@Catits funny how you are manipulated by Threve and you focus only on that 1 match - evil GDI doesnt care about winning, they only need bodies. poor Nod :(pray for us

but you guys forgot that this match was only very rare exception.
building restore exists in every single map without CY
...and I can pick up it too when for example you lost only 1 important building. I will do it every single time, you will see only this:

Building Restore: ROZPIERDALATOR Pickup Up a building Restore but there was nothing to restore.

and when you see it your morale will die, then you will die.

Edited by TemporaryName

On 8/18/2019 at 11:06 AM, Threve said:

*Gives page long explanation of the match, all the factors that lead to our victory along with food for thought that this situation could happen on other maps so that users can base their own opinions on how they feel in this topic.

1 hour ago, TemporaryName said:

Its funny how you are manipulated by Threve.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As i've said earlier. Building Restores are not a problem overall due to the fact they are random based and placed on maps Randomly as well. Furthermore a winning team should have map control to prevent anyone from the opposing team from getting it. Even better is that if a losing team gets the building restore and the winning team blows that building up it gives massive points to the winning team furthering their victory. If an enemy team comes back from it then it's the winning teams fault for not finishing them off. It (Building Restores) helps diffuse situations not just like the one mentioned above (Kill Whoring) but also if the winning team kills ref early on. I can see the double edge sword to them, but to me (and i believe alot of people) they help more than they hurt.

Now as i've said as well..

On 8/19/2019 at 7:43 PM, Threve said:

Maybe a poll would be a good idea to gauge people who did and also did not comment in the IA community.

This would be the most fair way of judging what the community and player base would like/think about Building Restores wouldn't it? @TemporaryName

7 hours ago, Cjx0r said:

No offence, and I mean it, but all I'm hearing is "it's easier to develop for at the expense of ingame convenience.

The convenience help save time, the time to put effort into something that have higher priority. Sounds like excuses but is a reality is time is not on anyone side.

But is very possible to restore and rebuild Obelisk & AGT back there we multiple ways.

-Obelisk & AGT can be rebuild vial being repair to an extend ( Not sure if we want this )

-Obelisk & AGT can be rebuild by purchasing a vehicle from Conyard ( hence why Conyard has a Garage door like )and drive to build  them. ( Player might abuse its location )

-Pickup restore and rebuild using donations? Could work but am I heading to that direction?

7 minutes ago, Kaskins said:

The convenience help save time, the time to put effort into something that have higher priority. Sounds like excuses but is a reality is time is not on anyone side.

But is very possible to restore and rebuild Obelisk & AGT back there we multiple ways.

-Obelisk & AGT can be rebuild vial being repair to an extend ( Not sure if we want this )

-Obelisk & AGT can be rebuild by purchasing a vehicle from Conyard ( hence why Conyard has a Garage door like )and drive to build  them. ( Player might abuse its location )

-Pickup restore and rebuild using donations? Could work but am I heading to that direction?

It's not what I meant and we definitely don't need more changes or anything BUT an evaluation of whether or not this is even an issue. What I meant was the difference between AGT/Ob being base defences or buildings separate from the building restore power up itself. 

Just now, Goliath35 said:

I swear I played a game before that had building restore on a map with a construction yard.... that great under map, the one that takes place in an abandoned allied naval base 

Winter_AssaultE053.Mix? Has a bunch of ships and tiberium in the middle?  

Apparently through coding it shouldn’t be possible.

1 minute ago, Threve said:

Winter_AssaultE053.Mix? Has a bunch of ships and tiberium in the middle?  

Apparently through coding it shouldn’t be possible.

That map. 

I still see building restore a grey area. 

Personally the way I would see it is this...
-On maps without Construction yards, buildings should only be restored the once via the pick up. Any more subsequent pickups renders it null and void. 
-On maps with construction yards, disable it while the construction yard is active. Should the construction yard be destroyed, enable the pick up and play it off as statement above, restore once - disabled permanently for that structure after.... 

Again that's my contribution to this clusterfuck of a thread. 

Also Roz, Nod sucks balls. 

• 6 months later...

This building restore just giving second chance!

It makes games longer and interesting.

Not like credit boost like $ powerup or Tiberium trucks. Them just making game to be shorter because of early high price vehicles.

Edited by shoverno2

At first impression I didn’t like the idea that was until, I was on the receiving end. The side I joined didn’t act like a team, but suddenly after the death of the power plant the side I was on started acting like a team. We held the field, helped repair each other, started co-ordinating strikes against defenses and waves of enemy tanks. And after 15/20min of this we found a crate that got the building back.

It was the above experience that convinced me building restore is good for the game.

I’ve had the opposite experience where I’m on the winning side and after the first building takedown (the airfield) our team stops caring and goes everyman for himself. Attacking the enemy one tank and one person at a time (like a cheesy kungfu movie). They got the building back and my team threw a fit. What did they expect was going to happen if they bought the lightest fastest tanks and aimlessly charged opponent one tank at a time. (And worse the opponent repaired the husks).

Edited by Raptor29aa