It's Time Again... Computer Recommendations?

Threve

Good Evening all. Just tonight my computer dropped again and it's about 5 seconds away from being Thanos'd out of existence. I made a thread almost a year ago asking which computer should be bought for work and received alot of great help/links while what i wanted. This is going to be a little different however as this will be my personal Gaming Laptop. Main games I play are Company of Hero's, Command and Conquer Tiberian Sun and of course Interim Apex. To help out here are some things.

Computer I have now is HP Pavilion - 15z Beats Special Ed. Touch Laptop with; 8GB DDR3L System RAM.

This peice of shit has a micro penis like 1.7 GHz, 800 GB Worth of Storage, AMD A8-5545M (idk what the hell that means but ok) along with a 15.6 inch screen. I have more trust in a live hand grenade than the quality of this HP Trash. It cost $599 when new.

The computer i'm thinking about getting is a 2015 Toshiba Satellite S55-B5280 High Performance Laptop Intel Core i7-5500U(up to 3.0GHz), 15.6-inch HD Display, 12GB DDR3L, 1TB HDD for about $500 (Used). I used to own this thing and it absolutely kicked ass for everything i needed. The build quality was also very nice. Only problem is after a year the headphone jack broke so i couldn't put in my headphones. I sold it shortly afterwards.

THINGS IM LOOKING FOR IN MY NEW OR USED COMPUTER

- As much Storage as possible. (750 GB and above is where i'm liking)

- Able to run programs without lagging or just being stupid.

- Budget of sub $800 (Cheaper the better)

- No HP Computers please. High Quality keyboard/build is really preferred. I've just had bad luck with HP since.

- A normal or good sound card. I got a $200 computer once and it had such a horrible sound card I had to go out, return it and buy a Beats computer because I DJ'd music and also could barely hear anything properly.

- 8GB RAM or better (More preferred but bias given to price at the end of the day.)

- Large Screen (15.6 or better) , labtop

Thank you very much to any and all who respond. I'm thinking of going with the Toshiba Satellite S55 but idk if anyone has heard horror stories from it, if there were any better options etc. I think i also heard that toshiba stopped making laptops? Ty all regardless.

3 hours ago, Threve said:

Good Evening all. Just tonight my computer dropped again and it's about 5 seconds away from being Thanos'd out of existence.

I don't know anything about computers so I can't recommend you anything. But I do have a suggestion as to what to do with your old one. Try to salvage any components that might still be usable...and then RUN OVER IT WITH A TANK.

I am not familiar with the newest laptops, because I am still with my Acer Aspire AOD250, I completely assembled my own PC by my own hands, but maybe you can try ASUS TUF Gaming FX505 for that price. I actually do not like ASUS, but this is what guys say about this model (the configuration may be different, however):

+ processor Ryzen 3 and higher
+ playable FPS in new games, stable run of different programs
+ 512 GB SSD (but may be lower), 8 GB RAM
+ keyboard with LED lights
+ 15.6 inches TFT screen (I actually kinda hate LED, it is not soft for my eyes)

- very soft, so you need to be careful with its case, keyboard, and especially with screen
- may be a bit louder than your previous laptops
- in some videogames may be little video card drawdowns, but they are not affecting gameplay much
- normal sound card, but I strongly recommend to buy USB-soundcard for music, but you can still try the in-built (for DJs, music composers, etc. - at least Behringer or Focusrite Scarlett) and then apply DFX-plugin on it if you need a thin 3D sound (you can install and apply that plugin for USB sound card as well)

I do not recommend to buy any Lenovo, HP, and DELL, because they are mostly do not meet your conditions and requirements. You can still try Lenovo or DELL, but at least I heard from my friend that Lenovo is something like a broken dish from each side.

Also, some ASUS models (and gaming laptops are not an exception) may be hot stoves. So, try with caution, place cooling device under it or near to it, or put your laptop on a thin surface, and you should be probably ok.

Edited by GraYaSDF
*"but at least", sorry for bad grammar

15 hours ago, Threve said:

This over priced HP Piece of Shit deserves a worse death.

Well, I remember times that father bought Hewlett-Packard Pocket PC, it was good and much faster, but then it died. Pocket PC from "i-Mate" brand is still alive, I only need to fix the lid and change the battery to new one! :biggrin:

Gonna be honest, I just skimmed the OP. But buy a SSD. Don't question it, just do it. New, used, high end, low end, everything needs a SSD for the OS drive. Aside from that, have fun, and buy what you can afford that can do what you need. Shoot the middle and plan to upgrade in ~3 years. Good luck!

On 8/27/2019 at 6:42 PM, Einstein said:

Gonna be honest, I just skimmed the OP. But buy a SSD. Don't question it, just do it.

I second this statement. SSDs are the single best upgrade you can possibly get, especially for older laptops.

Check out this one laptop from MSI, $670 at the time of this post: https://www.newegg.com/black-msi-gf-series-gf63-thin-8sc-030-gaming-entertainment/p/N82E16834155183

You can use however much budget you have left over on an external hard drive for that large storage that you desire.

On 8/25/2019 at 4:59 AM, Threve said:

I also heard that toshiba stopped making laptops?

Truth. There are no trades of Toshiba laptops in Russia anymore, but other things, and also parts for PCs are still exist, so this is a proof of what happened with Toshiba. They restructured their business to make more income and profit, so yeah... sad news, I know. Money changes everything, even good things. I remember times when I used old Toshiba 6 kg laptop, I could barely hold it and play the game at the same time, but it was reliable and lived almost forever.