Squads

Cjx0r

6 hours ago, Jeod said:

What are (were) squads?

!Squads was basically you type !invite to someone you think is cool and if they type !accept then they will start the next match on the same team as you. Furthermore you can see them on radar as a green star and you know what they purchase through BRenBot at all times. You can do this with up to 8 (or I think 5) players.

@Cjx0r I'm unsure of the exact reason that Squads were taken off although we ended up getting alot of complaints about team stacking through PM and Discord. Matches would turn into 3 unstoppable people against 1 and while not such a problem in 40 to 50 player games it became a problem here because we don't have 40 to 50 player games unless it's on weekends. Furthermore when you added someone on squad you can immediately see them and also see if they are invisible.. so if I added someone on Nod then I (Being a GDI player) can see him on the radar regardless if he's stealthed or not which presents an unfair advantage. Currently squads was tried out and due to feedback didn't work, however just because they have been taken off doesn't mean we aren't still working on it in the background to reimplement it in a better way. 

5 hours ago, Goliath35 said:

I'd assume squads were those paratrooper support powers that you could call in if you were either a veteran or elite ranking. 

That's !support now but good guess.

On 9/18/2019 at 11:24 PM, Threve said:

!Squads was basically you type !invite to someone you think is cool and if they type !accept then they will start the next match on the same team as you. Furthermore you can see them on radar as a green star and you know what they purchase through BRenBot at all times. You can do this with up to 8 (or I think 5) players.

@Cjx0r I'm unsure of the exact reason that Squads were taken off although we ended up getting alot of complaints about team stacking through PM and Discord. Matches would turn into 3 unstoppable people against 1 and while not such a problem in 40 to 50 player games it became a problem here because we don't have 40 to 50 player games unless it's on weekends. Furthermore when you added someone on squad you can immediately see them and also see if they are invisible.. so if I added someone on Nod then I (Being a GDI player) can see him on the radar regardless if he's stealthed or not which presents an unfair advantage. Currently squads was tried out and due to feedback didn't work, however just because they have been taken off doesn't mean we aren't still working on it in the background to reimplement it in a better way. 

That's !support now but good guess.

People stack teams just by leaving and coming back. That's not an argument but more of a guess as to why.

Also this whole "complaint" thing is getting out of hand. The difference between "complaints" made in game by the players and "complaints received" by admins show a wide disconnect. It's almost like the ((((admins)))) aren't getting any (((complaints))) at all and it's a tool used to modify the server to their preference and fall back on when the user base complains.

There are no legitimate ezequiel complaints. There are no squad complaints. People don't go on discord to log complaints and it's just a tool used by administration to modify the server structure for personal reasons. It's pretty condescending that we make complaints in game and in irc about the game, we're told to take these complaints to the forums to actually be heard, we do that as the catalog shows, they get disregarded, but then here come all these "discord complaints" that actually make their way into the game. It's almost like the suggestion box at work. You just toss out the suggestions you don't like, manually put in the ones you do like, then lie to everyone and tell them these are all the suggestions made. 

It goes from being completely transparent to entirely obfuscated all while the admins ignore several in-game and irc complaints to make modifications based on ones they "received" on discord.

Again, far be it from me to tell you how to run your server into the ground. I mean come on, people play rencorner for SEVERAL HOURS with ONE BUILDING alive and they come in the dozens. This server maxes that once a day then dies the moment a building goes on a certain map. 

Edited by Cjx0r

@Cjx0r I have noticed the stack from time to time, but didn’t know there was a command attached to it. I just noticed that for a while I’d get on and see one side change a lot player name wise while the other team Changed little, which I thought was a glitch. There was one time, I played 3 rounds before giving up on the possibility of winning. (I know that the other team was probably saying ha ha rage quit. But seriously 3 rounds is approx 4 hours. A rage quit would be like crying over 20min of not winning)

If a command was responsible for it I’d have to say I wish I knew about it so I wouldn’t be on the “newbie” side for 3 rounds. 

I have no idea how the comment thing works, but I could guess it with one word... moderators?

If squads enabled, limit to 2 people per squad over 10x players, (2 people @ 20total, 3ppl @ 30total, etc.. per team).

What is happening now is people are purposely joining with random names, then joining with their original name to ensure they are on the same team.  Same concept.  If people are leaving / join (mods included) to make this happen, then it should be adjusted as needed to avoid team stacking.

So at end of day, I think either have squads for 2 people enabled(or formula) or is disallow it overall to keep it fair(regardless of status).  People keep leaving and join to stack the teams. (Anybody can exploit this if wanted to, or willing to; it shouldn't be a difference)

There are a few clear cases this as already happened without squads.....

15 hours ago, Cjx0r said:

People stack teams just by leaving and coming back. That's not an argument but more of a guess as to why.

I noticed only you and MARCILLES doing it so far.

rencorner had squads and they removed it because of team stacking which causes empty server very fast.

Cjx0r joined the game on team Nod
[Cjx0r] Watching the admins fuck this server into the ground is more fun than playing it

personally I refuse to discuss at this level of absurd.

On 9/20/2019 at 1:57 PM, Cjx0r said:

Also this whole "complaint" thing is getting out of hand. The difference between "complaints" made in game by the players and "complaints received" by admins show a wide disconnect. It's almost like the ((((admins)))) aren't getting any (((complaints))) at all and it's a tool used to modify the server to their preference and fall back on when the user base complains.

There are no legitimate ezequiel complaints. There are no squad complaints. People don't go on discord to log complaints and it's just a tool used by administration to modify the server structure for personal reasons. It's pretty condescending that we make complaints in game and in irc about the game, we're told to take these complaints to the forums to actually be heard, we do that as the catalog shows, they get disregarded, but then here come all these "discord complaints" that actually make their way into the game. It's almost like the suggestion box at work. You just toss out the suggestions you don't like, manually put in the ones you do like, then lie to everyone and tell them these are all the suggestions made. 

It goes from being completely transparent to entirely obfuscated all while the admins ignore several in-game and irc complaints to make modifications based on ones they "received" on discord.

Again, far be it from me to tell you how to run your server into the ground. I mean come on, people play rencorner for SEVERAL HOURS with ONE BUILDING alive and they come in the dozens. This server maxes that once a day then dies the moment a building goes on a certain map. 

I am confused by your statement as you mention how easy it is to stack teams by leaving and coming back so I don’t see the problem of removing squads if that’s the case and true intentions. 

Furthermore the complaints of team stacking (which have been observed by me and the admins alike) are prevalent not only behind the scenes as I’ve said but even in the comments here.  

I understand you think we’re delusional just about by doing this but just because it’s not as prevalent to you does not mean it’s not a problem to IA development along with what you and the public cannot see. I don’t expect or understand what you want us to do to solve your distrust with what goes on behind the game unless it’s to show every screen shot of our conversations and feedback received. In which case, I personally don’t have time to do so.

In regards to other complaints or issues like ezikel being OP. I believe they are but it’s something that has not been complained about. Furthermore it’s a discussion where it must be weighed what is fun, a little OP and must be skillfully used and what is just downright OP. I think this is a unit that if complained about enough will be tweaked but currently it’s fun how it is and tweaking a lot more things may result in the game not being as fun as it is now. It is a fine and difficult balance which will always result in some criticism and we (IA development) understand that and really do our best.

To remedy this whole entire situation, maybe a poll of people’s and players opinions on here would help justify the decision next time you make a topic. I believe that would have a lot more reinforcement to our (or possibly your) point.

As you can see players here passionate about the command/system are giving ideas and feedback unto how to change it/better the command without the problem. As i’ve also said, just because the command isn’t there currently does not mean it’s being revised right now into something better.

On 9/20/2019 at 5:47 PM, Raptor29aa said:

@Cjx0r I have noticed the stack from time to time, but didn’t know there was a command attached to it. I just noticed that for a while I’d get on and see one side change a lot player name wise while the other team Changed little, which I thought was a glitch. There was one time, I played 3 rounds before giving up on the possibility of winning. (I know that the other team was probably saying ha ha rage quit. But seriously 3 rounds is approx 4 hours. A rage quit would be like crying over 20min of not winning)

If a command was responsible for it I’d have to say I wish I knew about it so I wouldn’t be on the “newbie” side for 3 rounds. 

I have no idea how the comment thing works, but I could guess it with one word... moderators?

yeah that command is called !rtc

4 hours ago, Threve said:

I am confused by your statement as you mention how easy it is to stack teams by leaving and coming back so I don’t see the problem of removing squads if that’s the case and true intentions. 

Furthermore the complaints of team stacking (which have been observed by me and the admins alike) are prevalent not only behind the scenes as I’ve said but even in the comments here.  

I understand you think we’re delusional just about by doing this but just because it’s not as prevalent to you does not mean it’s not a problem to IA development along with what you and the public cannot see. I don’t expect or understand what you want us to do to solve your distrust with what goes on behind the game unless it’s to show every screen shot of our conversations and feedback received. In which case, I personally don’t have time to do so.

In regards to other complaints or issues like ezikel being OP. I believe they are but it’s something that has not been complained about. Furthermore it’s a discussion where it must be weighed what is fun, a little OP and must be skillfully used and what is just downright OP. I think this is a unit that if complained about enough will be tweaked but currently it’s fun how it is and tweaking a lot more things may result in the game not being as fun as it is now. It is a fine and difficult balance which will always result in some criticism and we (IA development) understand that and really do our best.

To remedy this whole entire situation, maybe a poll of people’s and players opinions on here would help justify the decision next time you make a topic. I believe that would have a lot more reinforcement to our (or possibly your) point.

As you can see players here passionate about the command/system are giving ideas and feedback unto how to change it/better the command without the problem. As i’ve also said, just because the command isn’t there currently does not mean it’s being revised right now into something better.

yeah thats the point, if it can be done 1 way then what's the issue with keeping the feature? Teams can be stacked regardless.

9 hours ago, Cjx0r said:

yeah that command is called !rtc

yeah thats the point, if it can be done 1 way then what's the issue with keeping the feature? Teams can be stacked regardless.

Why would we keep a feature that encourages a problem we are trying to cut down on? Especially when we want to revise said feature into something better?