{Game Over} {CYOR} Spooky Scary Scumhunting

Retaliation

Just now, Sunflower said:

Question for you Orange: if you think KY is scum and you have him in your wine dungeon, why aren't you considering locking him up?

I mean I can, but it takes place at the end of the night, so he'd be able to get off whatever night trickery he has in store first, but assuming we get to that point and nothing interferes I could deliver him in a box tomorrow, but I have a feeling something will go wrong before then.

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean I can, but it takes place at the end of the night, so he'd be able to get off whatever night trickery he has in store first, but assuming we get to that point and nothing interferes I could deliver him in a box tomorrow, but I have a feeling something will go wrong before then.

So you designed a town role where you can't track scum without getting lucky and you can't lock them up without them doing their bad stuff at night first?

Thanks, Jeod.

I admit, I'm a bit discouraged by this. I'm even putting more thought into the idea that Orange really is just a discouraged townie lashing out at someone he considered a partner. If that's the case, I get it. I really do. But one think remains constant: If Cat5 is not lynched today, Town will almost certainly lose. There's not a single possibility I can think of where Cat5 isn't scum.

FRAYDO, Nodlied, Sunflower... you guys appear to be the deciding votes. Consider my case carefully.

2 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

So you designed a town role where you can't track scum without getting lucky and you can't lock them up without them doing their bad stuff at night first?

I mean, it's simple order of operations. Blame the creator of mafia not me for that. As for the rando track, the focus was supposed to be on being a mason and being good at being a mason. The track was secondary. I didn't want a OP role because frankly we've all been being too OP lately in our CYORs and it's been kinda ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, it's simple order of operations. Blame the creator of mafia not me for that. As for the rando track, the focus was supposed to be on being a mason and being good at being a mason. The track was secondary. I didn't want a OP role because frankly we've all been being too OP lately in our CYORs and it's been kinda ridiculous. 

I mean here I am blocking kills left and right and we still haven't caught a scum redhanded. Town doesn't feel OP to me.

If KY returns as scum, it would seem lynching him is a bad idea as this would pad scum numbers. Our first priority right now should be removing any scum if at all possible, as we haven't done that yet and the more town that die makes me nervous.

Orange and Cat5 both wanting to turn KY into scum right now, "totally independent" of each other's decision? Yeah I'm not buying it.

2 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Thanks, Jeod.

I admit, I'm a bit discouraged by this. I'm even putting more thought into the idea that Orange really is just a discouraged townie lashing out at someone he considered a partner. If that's the case, I get it. I really do. But one think remains constant: If Cat5 is not lynched today, Town will almost certainly lose. There's not a single possibility I can think of where Cat5 isn't scum.

FRAYDO, Nodlied, Sunflower... you guys appear to be the deciding votes. Consider my case carefully.

Bolded appears to be classic AtE

https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Appeal_to_Emotion

1 minute ago, Sunflower said:

I mean here I am blocking kills left and right and we still haven't caught a scum redhanded. Town doesn't feel OP to me.

Maybe we all collectively toned it down, which is pretty good TBH.  Though ILTS role, potentially, would like a word, maybe. Will have to wait for post game to find out for sure.

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

If KY returns as scum, it would seem lynching him is a bad idea as this would pad scum numbers. Our first priority right now should be removing any scum if at all possible, as we haven't done that yet and the more town that die makes me nervous.

Orange and Cat5 both wanting to turn KY into scum right now, "totally independent" of each other's decision? Yeah I'm not buying it.

Cat 5 is just bussing he's on his last legs he knows they're going to lose.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Cat 5 is just bussing he's on his last legs he knows they're going to lose.

I mean, I don't know to what end. But he seems to kind of be half-assing things. Which is part of why I want to go after KY first.

1 minute ago, Sunflower said:

Care to elaborate for someone who obviously doesn't know what the classic mafia order of operations are?

This is what the wiki has to say in regards to night action resolution and conflict:  https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Natural_Action_Resolution

Though that was since I was already on the wiki. My action specifically says "for future phases" so that's why I'm interpreting it that way. I assume Retal pulled from the list though. I guess maybe it's not the traditional order of operations maybe, but point being it wasn't my idea :v

Are you so convinced that KY is scum, despite my cop read, and verifications of an attempted kill on each night, that you would side with Category 5, someone you admit is very likely to be scum, in voting for him?

This doesn't make sense at all for a town player, oh no it doesn't. You and Cat5 have both been casting shade at each other, but never enough to cause any actual damage to the other. Now that there is a chance that you could hit each other, you're suddenly siding with a common goal. At the same time, you've done the math which could show a scum win very soon if we delay on things we are certain to be true.

I say, if we kill Category 5 now and block our suspected last scum during the night, we should stop any night kills in theory, correct? The common person we all agree is scum is Category 5, so why are you protecting him now?

5 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Are you so convinced that KY is scum, despite my cop read, and verifications of an attempted kill on each night, that you would side with Category 5, someone you admit is very likely to be scum, in voting for him?

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

This doesn't make sense at all for a town player, oh no it doesn't. You and Cat5 have both been casting shade at each other, but never enough to cause any actual damage to the other. Now that there is a chance that you could hit each other, you're suddenly siding with a common goal. At the same time, you've done the math which could show a scum win very soon if we delay on things we are certain to be true.

I mean, I led the Cat 5 train the other day, and would have saw it through.  If we really want to go for Cat 5 first, then fine, I'll just seal KY away and we can get him the next day, but if something bad happens, don't blame me.  Maybe it's tunnel vision, but I just see Cat 5's move as the last dying gasp of a bussing teammate, but eh...

##Vote Cat 5

Just now, ChopBam said:

I say, if we kill Category 5 now and block our suspected last scum during the night, we should stop any night kills in theory, correct? The common person we all agree is scum is Category 5, so why are you protecting him now?

I'm not protecting him I'm just saying he doesn't seem like much of a threat compared to a potential KY threat.  Cat 5's been lethargic at best, but we don't know much about KY if he's been lying and he can dodge the block with his drive.

I still think Cat 5 could be town. He says he did nothing last night, which I guess could be a convenient excuse for why Chop could pass him the amulet. But KY says he forklifted him. So if he was the killer, it would mean I got targeted because of RNG. I guess that's possible. But a bit more complicated than someone choosing to kill me for being the doctor (and assuming I would want to protect someone else).