Consistency in ruling

Cjx0r

Title says it all. It's getting pretty tedious to have conflicting rulings that change gameplay on a PER MAP basis.

Wall nuking has not been allowed on this map since before the orca update. Now it seems it's ok?

It's condescending when you guys decide people you don't like get warned/kicked/banned for these rulings but others not only face no repercussions, they get a pass from administration. 

Please do not make me go through your gameplay rulings, your warn/kick logs, and IRC rulings to demonstrate hard bias within the administration. 

Okay so I see footage of:

• a player list that contains 28 players, none of whom are moderators
  • 2 players wall nuking
  • a chat box that contains no IRC moderators laughing it up, and none of the other 26 players announcing to the IRC moderators, the only people who could help them now if they're present, that wall nuking is happening. ("that's bs" means nothing to an onlooker)

From what you're showing us, the actual problem is clearly not "bias", but simply that no moderators were present at the time. Or perhaps they were present (in which case they'd only be on IRC) but weren't made aware that this was actually happening - I doubt they can tell wall nuking is going on just from the killfeed. Thanks for getting this footage so the IA mods (not me) know to do something, but are the inane accusations necessary?

Ok. Well help me out here because.. 

11 hours ago, Cjx0r said:

Title says it all. It's getting pretty tedious to have conflicting rulings that change gameplay on a PER MAP basis.

There was no ruling here in the video as there were no moderators in the server at that time. There have been times where someone has complained to me about something and in order to address the complaint i'll personally ask Yap or Kaskins what he believes should be done about that situation for now and the future. I am not afraid or ashamed to admit it as I typically say in the server and will say here. I am sorry but due to the dynamic nature of this game it's difficult to account for every single issue that may appear from time to time which is why i go the extra mile to see what the producer and creator wanted. Wouldn't you?

Wall nuking has not been allowed on this map since before the orca update. Now it seems it's ok?

I didn't see anything where it was deemed ok from IA Admin/Mod team. To further help I asked Yap personally and he said it was not and will add a death zone there next update. I will talk with the people in the video to let them know not to do it. Had I been in-game (or any moderator for that matter) I would have disarmed the beacon and warned them just as I would have anyone else.

It's condescending when you guys decide people you don't like get warned/kicked/banned for these rulings but others not only face no repercussions, they get a pass from administration. 

It's condescending to be blamed for this right off the bat. If you're implying I should kick/ban the people in the video instead of "Giving them a pass" I will not because no one had warned them, no mods were in-game and I will talk with them to ensure it doesn't happen again. If someone videoed you and said you should be banned or kicked I would give you the same treatment of talking with you instead as it's alot more effective and just plain better in my belief. If I see them do it again then it's obviously fair game from then and punishment will occur.

I mean be in my shoes for a second and assume that a player posts this topic above. All you know from the video is that no moderator was in-game at the time and it's very difficult to see a ledge beacon from IRC (Assuming anyone was on there or reading IRC at the time). Someone is then telling you that the bias given to these players (where no moderators were) in the video is condescending and that they are getting a pass and should be kicked/banned. 

@Cjx0rlisten to Threve. There were no mods, nobody to warn the offenders or call them out, what do you expect us to do? Go and kick them, ban them? Had we been banning people on their first offense and leaving it at that, you would have already been banned and your posting permissions would have never been returned.

So how about instead of throwing a tantrum and pointing fingers you stop for a moment and consider the situation in a more rational manner?

Check chat logs. The players that did it claimed their interpretation justifies the plants, even after I told them about the rulings. Funny how no one in rencorner breaks the rules even when mods aren't present and what you're seeing here is the tip of the iceberg.

Let's not play fucking dumb here. The issue isn't "there were no mods around to catch this" the issue is "different mods have different rulings and different rulings persist when they aren't there". 

17 hours ago, Pushwall said:

Okay so I see footage of:

• a player list that contains 28 players, none of whom are moderators
  • 2 players wall nuking
  • a chat box that contains no IRC moderators laughing it up, and none of the other 26 players announcing to the IRC moderators, the only people who could help them now if they're present, that wall nuking is happening. ("that's bs" means nothing to an onlooker)

From what you're showing us, the actual problem is clearly not "bias", but simply that no moderators were present at the time. Or perhaps they were present (in which case they'd only be on IRC) but weren't made aware that this was actually happening - I doubt they can tell wall nuking is going on just from the killfeed. Thanks for getting this footage so the IA mods (not me) know to do something, but are the inane accusations necessary?

This is an IA issue not w3d issue, which you're clearly not aware of. I also don't appreciate the belittling of issues you aren't aware of.

"I don't actually play in the server or know anything about it but here's my interpretation."

Talk about adding insult to injury while being as condescending as humanly possible. 

Why are you complaining about the staff (again) when you should be complaining about the player who thought it was okay to break rules? You know we don't moderate after the fact unless it's something severe.

3 hours ago, Cjx0r said:

Check chat logs. The players that did it claimed their interpretation justifies the plants, even after I told them about the rulings. Funny how no one in rencorner breaks the rules even when mods aren't present and what you're seeing here is the tip of the iceberg.

Let's not play fucking dumb here. The issue isn't "there were no mods around to catch this" the issue is "different mods have different rulings and different rulings persist when they aren't there". 

No mods were in-game and the only way that your claim has any hold is if any mods were watching IRC at the time which it seems isn't the case. In terms of preventing it in the future I will talk with the people in the video to ensure they don't do it again and if they do they will be punished as such as i've mentioned earlier.

You do not claim any evidence here in this situation to show that any moderator said "These beacons were justified'. If Roz or Jo_Momma_USA or any moderator for that fact said something after this happened then it would make sense but saying it and not backing it up. I don't know what you expect us to believe or say. 

You also mention Rencorner and how every player on there is following the rules. That’s great (regardless if true or not), but Rencorner does not have from what I hear as many things going on like new maps, abilities, buildable structures, aircraft and structures like IA does.

I am legitimately curious as to what action you'd like for us to take here or what is your end goal of this thread?

I think the request was already answered, either a kill zone or a no flare zone. The main issue is the vagueness of rules, and the lack of enforcement... but really if it can be designed around it doesn’t have to be enforced. I prefer design over rules... Example APB beta vs delta and the no roof flares issue. Roof access removes mods and rules and banning.

Edit Clarity: (when I said lack of enforcement I mean I have witnessed during a 12v12 match moderators saying yea sniping/shooting from up there is ok. Yet they didn’t mention being up there to flare is not ok)

Edited by Raptor29aa

1 hour ago, Raptor29aa said:

I think the request was already answered, either a kill zone or a no flare zone. The main issue is the vagueness of rules, and the lack of enforcement... but really if it can be designed around it doesn’t have to be enforced. I prefer design over rules... Example APB beta vs delta and the no roof flares issue. Roof access removes mods and rules and banning.

Edit Clarity: (when I said lack of enforcement I mean I have witnessed during a 12v12 match moderators saying yea sniping/shooting from up there is ok. Yet they didn’t mention being up there to flare is not ok)

I agree.

Yap has put in a script that doesn't allow beaconing there and is working on it in the test server as of recently to ensure it's working properly before implementation. This we hope will still allow the ledge to be used but not in a manner that you can destroy a building so quickly or there is little counter. If the feedback is received that even then people still don't like it we'll go from there.

4 hours ago, shaitan said:

Actually, that happens a lot in Rencorner, too.

P.S. The end goal is drama.

Well aware on both fronts. Someone who's here in the hopes of actually seeing problems get solved doesn't throw all decorum to the wind and make maximum effort to engage in bad faith, find ridiculous ways to link everything to muh big bad badmins, deny all viewpoints that aren't his own, sit on important information that should have been in the OP, and make threats against us. This is hardly the first time for any of these things, and since clearly he has no intention of fixing his attitude problem, he's gone and there's no reason for this thread to still be open.