Command & Conquer: Remastered Gameplay Teaser

NodGuy

Everyone is complaining about this and that on Reddit but it's the Pre-Build and literally the first glimpse we have thus far.

I love it personally. I do like the suggestions people have made about making the HON door open or the rocket soldier launcher moving up and down when the RS moves.

I hope there are better options implemented on controlling units compared with the original and yes... a queue option for building units 

I’m sure it will get better. A lot of people need to realise that it’s a ‘remaster’ and not a ‘remake’. 3D graphics and whatnot would have been awesome but that’s not the vision here. 

Some have also criticised the terrain. I think it looks way better than the original, especially when you go to the site I linked and use the slider to see old vs new. 

This teaser sent me into hype overdrive, it looks fantastic. I do agree with some of the criticisms, I think the Med and Light tanks look a bit odd, and I like the suggestions given. But as stated, this is an early build, and they're still actively taking fan feedback. I'm just gonna sit here for the next year or so feeling giddy and excited.

I hope they have more rotations for the units. The turret rotation looks a bit choppy. But overall i do like the look so far. I hope they have a speed slider as well as the default speed in the original games was WAY TOO SLOW.

21 hours ago, NodGuy said:

I’m sure it will get better. A lot of people need to realise that it’s a ‘remaster’ and not a ‘remake’. 3D graphics and whatnot would have been awesome but that’s not the vision here. 

Huh. I guess that means still no skirmish then? Or a rules.ini?

17 hours ago, delta said:

Huh. I guess that means still no skirmish then? Or a rules.ini?

Skirmish will definitely be included. It would be stupid not to. Especially since they are doing red alert on the same engine. 

12 hours ago, NodGuy said:

I just had a thought. It would be cool if skirmish was shared between both games. All the maps available and factions too. Allies vs Nod for example. Throw balance out of the window if you wanted to and have a blast. 

Recommend this to them while you can!!

Anything to increase replay value, i am sure that they would love to put in!

13 hours ago, NodGuy said:

I just had a thought. It would be cool if skirmish was shared between both games. All the maps available and factions too. Allies vs Nod for example. Throw balance out of the window if you wanted to and have a blast. 

That was a thing in one of my very old dreams, when I was a child. In my mind, I played with soviet and allied units against Nod from Tiberian Sun era, and there was also a place for balance. So... yeah, good idea.

1 hour ago, delta said:

It might be kinda weird though...in TD you've got tanks that move around really slowly, but in RA1 they're the speed of recon bikes...

I might be misremembering, but wasn’t that because in TD the gameplay was slow and could not be changed, but in RA we got the speed slider and the default was faster?

Nah, in RA1 tanks were just so much faster relative to everything else. In TD, a few Orcas can easily deal out a ton of damage to tanks because tanks are slow. But in RA1 Longbows and Migs will barely scratch a tank as long as it's moving.

Yup, tanks are slow in TD. If GDI attacks with tanks, recon bikes can attack the GDI base, destroy a few key buildings and still have time to return to defend their base. In RA, tanks are pretty much like TD's bikes, but with more armor and can crush infantry.

On 10/27/2019 at 11:14 PM, delta said:

I think what would be nice is if they had a "classic mode" where everything is the same as before, and a "revamped mode" where they tweak a bunch of units to make them more useful.

We had that on CncNet, an optional balance mod checkbox. Most people there are against it. Almost nobody enables that mod when hosting a game.

People i've noticed have been shitting on it, and asking questions like "Why isn't it 3D if it's a remaster?" etc 

People forget it's a remaster, not a remake.A remaster is like the PS3 version of Shadow of Colossus same style of graphics, but updated to a higher resolution, usually new UI too sometimes maybe a few bug fixes and tweaks.. a Remake Version would be like the PS4 version, built brand new engine, and all new assets. Dark Souls Remastered this into the category of also being a remaster not a remake. A remake would be if the made it from scratch but using the engine of Dark Souls III.

I Dunno what people were expecting, this game so far is exactly how i pictured it would look.

17 hours ago, Bayonetta said:

People i've noticed have been shitting on it, and asking questions like "Why isn't it 3D if it's a remaster?" etc 

People forget it's a remaster, not a remake.A remaster is like the PS3 version of Shadow of Colossus same style of graphics, but updated to a higher resolution, usually new UI too sometimes maybe a few bug fixes and tweaks.. a Remake Version would be like the PS4 version, built brand new engine, and all new assets. Dark Souls Remastered this into the category of also being a remaster not a remake. A remake would be if the made it from scratch but using the engine of Dark Souls III.

I Dunno what people were expecting, this game so far is exactly how i pictured it would look.

I agree. It looks on par with Age of Empires 2 HD Edition and especially Definitive Edition, both of which fall in the "Remaster" category.

• 4 months later...