Definition of Team Hampering

F00ker

Team Hampering or Not  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Simple yes or no

• Locking a repair vehicle in base is team hampering especially when it almost costs a building
    • no he bought it he can do what he likes with it
    • The buyer went AFK anyway so should have been kicked

So as myself and Threve had a slight disagreement over wether someone buying a repair vehicle , parking it at a building and locking it is in fact team hampering

this player did so then went AFK , wasn't responding to requests to unlock it so we could use it to repair the Refinery (which we almost lost twice) , he was subsequently !n00bed by several of GDI for locking a repair vehicle 

I requested Threve to !qkick him for team hampering , to which Threves response was he bought it so he's entitled to lock it

So the poll is very simple 

thoughts too please 

thank you

Battlemax bought the vehicle which therefor entitles him to do as he pleases with it. So long as he is not purposely deploying it in front of the harvester, (to which A.I. cannot navigate around it) he is free to use the vehicle how he wants.

By your logic, if someone deployed a Challenger Stage II (Long range AT Gun) and you couldn't use it to knock out a stealth tank that blew up your War Factory because it was locked to that person then they should be kicked for Team Hampering. Or someone locked a Repair Vehicle that you couldn't use to repair your tank so they should be kicked because you could have used your full health tank to save the building. The possibilities are endless which is why only 1 vehicle is allowed to be !locked at a time. 

As you'll see in the photos below, I asked (presumably you. I cannot tell because you keep switching your name.) if you bought the vehicle to which you responded "Logged to memory".  I still don't understand what that means or if you're trying to threaten something.. I don't care regardless. 

What I do care about is ensuring people have a playing experience based on what they would like to do with what they bought. As I said before, if someone does what you said it's a dick move but it's still their vehicle. This has been confirmed with KTFF internally that it's ok what battlemax did even though it is a bit shitty (Just don't donate him in the future). If KTFF or any other IA Admin reverse their decision then i'll gladly punish people who do this. However as it stands, this is what the rules are and allow. As such what I will enforce. 

In the future I recommend purchasing a 350 Credit Repair Vehicle yourself instead of using others.

game 2019-11-27 16-14-19-486.jpg

game 2019-11-27 16-14-11-325.jpg

game 2019-11-27 16-14-02-287.jpg

9 hours ago, Threve said:

By your logic, if someone deployed a Challenger Stage II (Long range AT Gun) and you couldn't use it to knock out a stealth tank that blew up your War Factory because it was locked to that person then they should be kicked for Team Hampering. Or someone locked a Repair Vehicle that you couldn't use to repair your tank so they should be kicked because you could have used your full health tank to save the building. The possibilities are endless which is why only 1 vehicle is allowed to be !locked at a time.

I have a suggestion based on this: In vanilla Renegade, you can't enter locked vehicles and get an error message while in IA, you are moved to the Gunner's seat.

It would be great if you could expand this to the following: If the driver's seat is empty, the gun should be controlled by the gunner. So every player could use locked vehicles to shoot enemies, repair buildings,...

And the lock would still prevent other players from driving away and even more important selling your vehicle as a person very well known to the mods likes to do >:( (I think he finally got ban-hammered because i didn't see him in the last week)

Edit: If the owner enters the driver's seat, the gun control should return to him.

Edited by der Papst

My Definition of Team hampering is intentionally disrupting your team and/or aiding the enemy.

Locked vehicles can do this, so can selling unlocked vehicles do this. One solution is to never leave a vehicle unoccupied, another is to not purchase said vehicle. Also repair vehicles are open to opponents to steal by spies or stealth units, so should they be left unoccupied?

I do agree with the above about leaving the turret functioning.

should a driver be kicked for locking his purchase? Or should we starting down the path of kicking for unoccupied vehicles. Some bases look like parking lots.

I will error on the safe side of “no” not kickable offense.

Well, what if he had to use the bathroom to take a sh_t or something? You don't know and honestly I think @Threve is right if you buy something its yours its not the teams unless you want it to be for you and you're team; so what Im saying is leaving a vehicle out in the middle of the base and locking it, is not team hampering, team hampering would be basically blocking the ai harvester from getting out of the warfactory or something of that sort so you're team gets no money; that right there is way more credible for team hampering other than just locking a vehicle. *(And Im just gonna say this right now)*. Please just quit complaining about what we can and cannot do on IA that is normal like locking you're own damn car or something, I'l say this right now I'm sick of seeing this type of stuff where people complain about other people and calling for bans and kicks when all there doing is being normal just please lay off of it please its getting quite F___ing old.   

In APB I qkick pretty frequently for AFK if they've been so for a while. There's no telling how long they'll be gone and they're taking up a valuable player slot. Obviously they're not in the middle of doing anything important and they can just rejoin when they return.

• 3 weeks later...

I think vehicle locking system is destroyer of team work. Just where reason to do that? If there no teamwork, there almost no any chance to win this match.

Well, it need to be in game just to be in game. Deleting this system will not resolve problem, but occur another one.

As for me, i never lock vehicles. If someone take aride my tank, i just hope he will find better use of it))

4 hours ago, shoverno2 said:

I think vehicle locking system is destroyer of team work. Just where reason to do that? If there no teamwork, there almost no any chance to win this match.

Well, it need to be in game just to be in game. Deleting this system will not resolve problem, but occur another one.

As for me, i never lock vehicles. If someone take aride my tank, i just hope he will find better use of it))

You call stealing a tank and then selling it and not sharing in the funds not having team work???

4 hours ago, Kickmofo said:

You call stealing a tank and then selling it and not sharing in the funds not having team work???

Sometimes it's good for team, because maybe someone need little amount of credits to buy vehicle and then do something great.

Team work existing when you believing in your teammates and teammates believing in you.