Sidam

Kickmofo

And please don't nerf it into uselessness again.

The Sidam at 1800creds and not very much armor should kill infantry and low/medium armored stuff in seconds.

The only problem is its ability to do the same with heavy armor.

Edited by der Papst

Hi Kickmofo, thank you for bringing it up.

It was brought to my attention roughly about 24 hours ago and I have push to Dblaney a temp hotfix, now is matter of time before Dblaney get on and apply it.

The changelog can be found in the changelog list which I will edit over the time until a new major build is out.

https://w3dhub.com/forum/topic/419189-interim-apex-2019-novemberwinter-build/

A few Technicals:

The sidam and the spaag: both AA vehicles, both long range, spaag costs 2x the sidam but does 30% the damage of the sidam, the sidam has half the armor of the spaag but if against the spaag lasts 30 percent less than the sidam. The sidam can kill a spaag in 10 seconds, while the spaag takes 15 seconds.

The spaag is the twin of the Tunguska. Both have same range and damage, but the Tunguska is more expensive.

The Tunguska takes a long time to kill heavy armor like a T-62 (approx 33 seconds) But a sidam takes 11 seconds to kill a T-62.

My thoughts cut the damage down 50% so it is slightly higher damage than the spaag but with half the armor

Edited by Raptor29aa

7 hours ago, Raptor29aa said:

A few Technicals:

The sidam and the spaag: both AA vehicles, both long range, spaag costs 2x the sidam but does 30% the damage of the sidam, the sidam has half the armor of the spaag but if against the spaag lasts 30 percent less than the sidam. The sidam can kill a spaag in 10 seconds, while the spaag takes 15 seconds.

The spaag is the twin of the Tunguska. Both have same range and damage, but the Tunguska is more expensive.

The Tunguska takes a long time to kill heavy armor like a T-62 (approx 33 seconds) But a sidam takes 11 seconds to kill a T-62.

My thoughts cut the damage down 50% so it is slightly higher damage than the spaag but with half the armor

Thank you for the feedback. I do agree, although it should be noted that as well that the Tunguska can fire AA missiles that have a great effect on Light Armor.

I am also happy to say that the SIDAM has been revised and currently being tested for proper balance to ensure the values made for it are correct.

17 hours ago, Threve said:

Thank you for the feedback. I do agree, although it should be noted that as well that the Tunguska can fire AA missiles that have a great effect on Light Armor.

I am also happy to say that the SIDAM has been revised and currently being tested for proper balance to ensure the values made for it are correct.

Your welcome, I figure I’d do a little numbers crunch to give an approximate rather than let mob rule nerf the tank into obsolescence. (50 percent damage reduction puts the tank on par with the spaag considering it’s half the cost, half the armor points, and it’s light armored)