TSR 1.5.2.1 Changelog

Einstein

Wait, what? Another one? That's right, Commander!

What did we fix now?

• Shout-out to @Ice, for helping me identify and correct the duplicated Nod Radar dish bug. This has been fixed for a while now in TSR 2.0, but fortunately we were able to apply the fix here as well!
  • Another engine update! When he noticed that I was working on another patch, @jonwil informed me that I should update to the latest scripts version once again because there have been some pretty important fixes regarding some animation bugs, as well as some other fixes and enhancements.
  • Optimizations for Field, Gallows Cove, and Storm:
    • Culled all duplicate assets within the map.mix files (because they just take up unnecessary space).
    • Converted most textures from TGA to DDS format (again, to save space).
    • Moved all loose assets from the map.mix files into always.dat (where they should be).
    • Fixed a broken texture on the upper walkway support beams on Gallows Cove.
  • Sneak peek! - TSR 2.0 Intro Movies!
  • Sneak peek! - TSR 2.0 Main Menu Music! (note: you will have to open the game in Single Player mode to see/hear these)
  • Miscellaneous cleanup in the game and data folders. What once was cluttered is cluttered no more!
  • This is another large patch, because it makes changes to the main game asset archive file (always.dat), but by doing all of this now, we can avoid touching this file for a long time for future updates, making them much smaller and faster to install!

Thats it!

Now just think! If this is what I'm doing that you can see, imagine the work that the real devs are doing for TSR 2.0!

This patch is now live on the server! See you ingame Brothers!

~The Team

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Rulue said:

Hey, I'm new to this. I wish if you can add bots/AI players into TSR game's server if nobody is playing.

Hello Rulue, welcome to W3D Hub!

This version of the game is not in active development, because a complete revamp (TSR 2.0) is in the works. This was just a couple small patches that I decided to put together to get the game back to a playable state. The capability of the engine that this version of the game is bound to does not support as much in the way of bots as newer versions of the engine do. Bots could be added, but they would not be able to do as much as the advanced bots in the newest engine version (which TSR 2.0 will be running on), and it would be a lot of time-consuming work for very little gain. So long story short, if you can hold out for TSR 2.0, then there should be some bots coming with it.

This version of the game may see some more Quality-of-life patches, but there will not be any feature additions such as bots coming here.

Again, welcome!

6 minutes ago, delta said:

So Nod's getting a new infantry class, or is that being given to one of the existing ones?

It's a new class, although the old Reborn team (from before 2011) also intended to include the flamethrower. We have a new model though.

• 3 weeks later...

Just a short note-

You'll notice that there is a teeny tiny update available on the launcher. It is just a not-corrupted water texture. Somehow that happened, and it took us this long to take notice (oops), so 1.5.2.2 is just a micro-patch to fix it.

Carry on! :v

• 3 weeks later...

So what was the release on all of the Reborn Releases? there was the 2008 Infantry bets (Ahh Good times) And then there was a major release after that that contained the vehicles and maps? when was that? it seems so long ago. And then there's gonna be Rebarn 2.0 right?

44 minutes ago, Bayonetta said:

So what was the release on all of the Reborn Releases? there was the 2008 Infantry bets (Ahh Good times) And then there was a major release after that that contained the vehicles and maps? when was that? it seems so long ago. And then there's gonna be Rebarn 2.0 right?

So there was Reborn 2003 by Deezer Studios (the original team), then the Infantry Beta in 2008 by RenEvo (the next team), which was very refined, and actually did contain vehicles, they were just not available for the most part (due to not being completely finished). Then there was the 1.x release, which is the "family" that the current release is in. I don't remember exactly when that was, but somewhere around 2010-2012. Then W3Dhub launched with Reborn as the flagship game in 2015, and several individuals have contributed to its progress since then. Currently its just under the W3D Hub "umbrella" studio. And yes, we do plan to release Reborn 2.0 sometime soon(tm). The date has moved around quite a bit, as things get shuffled around for what will be included in the release. Rest assured though, we will announce it when we know more :)

On 3/21/2020 at 11:06 PM, Einstein said:

So there was Reborn 2003 by Deezer Studios (the original team), then the Infantry Beta in 2008 by RenEvo (the next team), which was very refined, and actually did contain vehicles, they were just not available for the most part (due to not being completely finished). Then there was the 1.x release, which is the "family" that the current release is in. I don't remember exactly when that was, but somewhere around 2010-2012. Then W3Dhub launched with Reborn as the flagship game in 2015, and several individuals have contributed to its progress since then. Currently its just under the W3D Hub "umbrella" studio. And yes, we do plan to release Reborn 2.0 sometime soon(tm). The date has moved around quite a bit, as things get shuffled around for what will be included in the release. Rest assured though, we will announce it when we know more :)

Thanks man, i'm so pumped for the next release. I've waited a long time for those mammoth MK2 legs to be positioned correctly XD