Mystery Mafia: Holidays 2019

iLikeToSnipe

Just now, Jeod said:

You seem awful certain about that.

My comments regarding certainty apply to alignment and game situations. Right now I'm being dogmatic about how to play mafia, which, well, guilty, because there's definitely a right and wrong way to play mafia, so sue me :p

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

I feel like you say that every game when you're scum.

Eh, perhaps. I can't recall actually, but realistically, I need to tryhard more as town because my town game is worse than my scum game. But, for this case, basically I'm still distracted by things I got for Christmas but mafia has been holding my attention more than I thought it would for this time of year.

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

Eh, perhaps. I can't recall actually, but realistically, I need to tryhard more as town because my town game is worse than my scum game. But, for this case, basically I'm still distracted by things I got for Christmas but mafia has been holding my attention more than I thought it would for this time of year.

I agree with that statement. ;)

Also, what case? It's a bit early to have a case day one when we don't even know what mystery could be at play here. 

1 hour ago, Shade939 said:

I agree with that statement. ;)

Also, what case? It's a bit early to have a case day one when we don't even know what mystery could be at play here. 

Do you fail particularly hard at reading comprehension? I meant the case of why I'm tryharding this game, not any particularly case against anyone for why they're scum.

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Do you fail particularly hard at reading comprehension? I meant the case of why I'm tryharding this game, not any particularly case against anyone for why they're scum.

So, basically despite no accusation of the sort you've decided to make a case against yourself as to why you're Town because you're being a try hard this game, by your own definition?

8 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

So, basically despite no accusation of the sort you've decided to make a case against yourself as to why you're Town because you're being a try hard this game, by your own definition?

shade.thumb.png.98fbc203346aa850d36e835818052eee.png

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I mean, always take self-analysis with a grain of salt, but I'm hardly unpressured.

2 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

I can't tell if a game is happening or if this is just usual banter with Shade.

Unfortunately, I'm not scum reading him. But who the hell knows. He appears to have gained some level of self-awareness, at some points.

1 minute ago, FRAYDO said:

I can't tell if a game is happening or if this is just usual banter with Shade.

The game might be happening, Orange is acting fairly suspiciously for a day one accusation, but it's also day one, and the GM said their was some sort of mystery at play here, so even if someone's acting suspicious...

I think I'd prefer if I didn't have to try and deal with this before anyone's had a chance to use any night actions...

Just now, Shade939 said:

The game might be happening, Orange is acting fairly suspiciously for a day one accusation, but it's also day one, and the GM said their was some sort of mystery at play here, so even if someone's acting suspicious...

I think I'd prefer if I didn't have to try and deal with this before anyone's had a chance to use any night actions...

I'm not acting any more suspicious than I usually do. Frankly, this is just the "look, someone's being active, they must be scum" thing that happens.

Also, in thinking earlier, I will not support no lynch this game. It's stated right in the OP scum get stronger as time go on, and no lynching will quite possibly give scum a free NK, squandering valuable town resources.  We need to act while we're at our strongest, not be passive.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

We're not even 24 hours in and not everyone's even checked in yet, hold your horses there cowboy.

You're a bit too reserved--not a single light jab at anyone even though a D1 NoLynch is obviously not on the menu. You know for certain you're going to be around at hammer tomorrow to actually make a decision? Or do you just not care all that much and your tryharding is a feint?

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

You're a bit too reserved--not a single light jab at anyone even though a D1 NoLynch is obviously not on the menu. You know for certain you're going to be around at hammer tomorrow to actually make a decision? Or do you just not care all that much and your tryharding is a feint?

Yeah I'll be here at hammer. I actually have an argument I want to deploy before hammer but it requires everyone checking in.  The thing is I don't scum read anyone that's been "active", with that list being you, Shade, and Chopbam.  I'm not worried about needling you guys.  Anyone else just needs to get their ass in here, and if we decide to go for them, the remainder of us will be more than enough to swing the vote onto them. Unless you lot collectively have some place to be?

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

What argument do you want to make since we're missing half the players and of those that are here, you don't scumread?

You know, I'm just going to be bold:

I'm the town vigilante. I got one shot. If I get a scum read D1, I'm shooting them. If someone does not participate D1, I'm shooting them. If multiple people do not participate D1, I'll rand my shot between them. Or semi-rand, we can discuss it.  Either way, I'm going to fire before hammer today.

If you don't want to die, convince me you're town.

I've been keeping an eye on this thread between housework and other things. For the most part, it's just seemed like banter to me (I'm not good at D1 reading).

But a D1 vig claim? I don't buy it, personally.

##vote OrangeP47

I will be keeping an eye on this thread and I'll be here for hammer, though, so I'm open to arguments.

2 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I've been keeping an eye on this thread between housework and other things. For the most part, it's just seemed like banter to me (I'm not good at D1 reading).

But a D1 vig claim? I don't buy it, personally.

##vote OrangeP47

I will be keeping an eye on this thread and I'll be here for hammer, though, so I'm open to arguments.

So I take it when I actually shoot someone you'll unvote me then?

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

It's going to be a pretty short wait probably. All we're waiting on, by your standards, is an explanation from Retaliation and posts from Mojoman and Nodfan.

I mean, it depends on how it develops. I do want to make an informed decision if possible. But I also do want to get it off early, so we have as much time to consider the aftermath as possible and vote with that in mind.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, it depends on how it develops. I do want to make an informed decision if possible. But I also do want to get it off early, so we have as much time to consider the aftermath as possible and vote with that in mind.

Also to be fair ILTS is probably at work for a few hours anyway if I like fired it off *right now* or something.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

So I take it when I actually shoot someone you'll unvote me then?

Maybe. It's also possible that a better argument for lynching someone else will show itself.

Either way, I don't think making that claim was a good idea. You're either a target for town (if you're lying) or a target for scum (if you're being truthful).

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Maybe. It's also possible that a better argument for lynching someone else will show itself.

Either way, I don't think making that claim was a good idea. You're either a target for town (if you're lying) or a target for scum (if you're being truthful).

That's why I'm doing it D1. I HIGHLY doubt there's a day blocker, though on that chance if I do get day blocked, that's an insta vote from me, they're scum, and once I've fired I've done my part. I could have been randomly killed at night and never got my shot off, so good to do it early anyway.