Mystery Mafia: Holidays 2019

iLikeToSnipe

11 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Mafia is equal to Town numbers and should be capable of contesting the day vote.

That's the standard point you end these games at, because after that you're really just dragging out a Town lost.

You got Mojo’d.

16 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

Indeed.

By the way, you mentioned ISO'ing Chop's posts from D1. Were you still going to do that? I was very interested in seeing what you came up with, as I was slightly scumreading him that day.

Yeah sorry I got distracted and then forgot about it. I’ll get that done before hammer. Little man had his first daycare visit today. Luckily it’s family, but it’s still a big deal.

Just now, Jeod said:

Yeah sorry I got distracted and then forgot about it. I’ll get that done before hammer. Little man had his first daycare visit today. Luckily it’s family, but it’s still a big deal.

Hammer is tomorrow, so you have plenty of time.

Just now, Jeod said:

Hey, big step! I hope everything is going well for you and your family!

2 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

I've got nothing to add to this mess, besides asking what's the mystery, anyway? Does Shade presume to know that, too?

The only real mystery is why iLTS wants to continue the game despite Mafia being tied with Town for control of the Vote. :p

Or realistically, if Mafia is going to used their tied votes to force a 50% chance for a Town member to die today. And if that fails we just NK a Town member instead since without a Doctor, they should basically be sitting ducks. Only realistic way to fail at this point, is if Mafia NK one of their own members, and Town plays a perfect game at the same time.

If everyone thinks they have things figured out, we can start speeding up the game. It's possible one side might have the advantage over the other, but nobody has actually locked down victory.

I could end this day early and have a shorter night phase. Would you guys want that?

@Jeod @OrangeP47 @Killing_You @ChopBam @Shade939

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

It's more that hammer is generally at the best possible time for me, so if we start doing weird day starts in the morning I might sleep past it and miss the action.

Also it generally takes me an extraordinarily long time to wake up and think clearly in the morning, IE I consider pre-10 am to be "too early" to do anything useful.  The fact that I woke up at 6:30 am today non-withstanding.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

It's more that hammer is generally at the best possible time for me, so if we start doing weird day starts in the morning I might sleep past it and miss the action.

Just to be clear, I would still keep day start at the time it's at. That's about the only time that works for me.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Just to be clear, I would still keep day start at the time it's at. That's about the only time that works for me.

I mean if you wanted to end the day *now* because you don't think the votes will change, fair enough. As long as daystart is 6 EST/5 CST.

6 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean if you wanted to end the day *now* because you don't think the votes will change, fair enough. As long as daystart is 6 EST/5 CST.

I'm going to take this as an admission of guilt. :v

1 hour ago, OrangeP47 said:

So Jeod, you going to post that Chop ISO, considering you're probably the NK what with admitting to being the cop?

Yea will work on it in a bit. Got off work an hour ago and just got back from the grocery. My second nightpost will be that.

On 1/2/2020 at 7:53 PM, ChopBam said:

This describes my PM. Here's my alibi guys, 100% confirmed.

How about you?

@NodFan r u scum?

Chopbam has made a total of 15 posts this game, the first is above. It's an obvious joke opener.

On 1/2/2020 at 8:58 PM, ChopBam said:

Oh did the mod make a rule about it? I must be tired

Inb4 "hurr durr only scum walkback on potential rulebreaking"

On 1/2/2020 at 9:02 PM, ChopBam said:

I'm definitely not a PR who's lying to throw mafia off my scent. Nope, not a chance.

This screams vanilla

On 1/2/2020 at 9:17 PM, ChopBam said:

##vote OrangeP47

Your vibes all seem like they usually do every game you are scum.

See two quotes down

On 1/2/2020 at 9:52 PM, ChopBam said:

tenor.gif

I'm scared

On 1/3/2020 at 6:24 PM, ChopBam said:

wtf?

This is the quote I paused at. He first voted Orange, seems sure that he's scum. However, his reaction to Retaliation being shot says otherwise. At first I figured this would point to Chop knowing that Orange is town (after all, why act surprised when your scumread does something scummy?), but scum don't know eachother. Therefore I can only presume Chop is being Chop.

On 1/3/2020 at 7:38 PM, ChopBam said:

Great job Orange. I'd vote you again, but y'know.

And with that my uncertainty is quelled.

On 1/4/2020 at 1:54 AM, ChopBam said:

I think Orange is trying to signal to other mafia who he is, so they can snuggle up with him for the evening in a nice cozy mafia doc.

Yup.

On 1/4/2020 at 1:12 PM, ChopBam said:

You could also just use the atomic bomb to signal your allies and then claim as your defense to everyone else that it's merely ridiculous to suggest such a thing.

Erm, how is that a signal?

On 1/4/2020 at 1:22 PM, ChopBam said:

Right now we have literally nothing else to go on, and this is an issue.

On 1/5/2020 at 7:19 PM, ChopBam said:

nothing to report.

On 1/5/2020 at 7:25 PM, ChopBam said:

no claims, man

On 1/5/2020 at 8:09 PM, ChopBam said:

Welcome back. Also

##vote Shade

Got too excited too early?

Chop doesn't sit back and wait for one of the inactives to return before voting up the confirmed scum.

20 hours ago, ChopBam said:

I've got nothing to add to this mess, besides asking what's the mystery, anyway? Does Shade presume to know that, too?

15 hours ago, ChopBam said:

##vote speed things up

Yeah, after this ISO I can't suggest ChopBam is a Godfather. I'm going to stand by my report and say he's

216671-ace-attorney-not-guilty-gif.gif&f

image.png.8c4f2538b8fb5032d37380c0064a0afc.png

Sorry for the slightly late hammer, got home pretty late tonight.

Shade939 (4 votes):

• Jeod
  • OrangeP47
  • ChopBam
  • Killing_You

Killing_You (1 vote):

• Shade939

Well, the results are pretty clear Shade will be lynched! You march him up to the gallows and make swift work of him. A quick search of his belongings why don't we do this before killing a person? shows that he had ties to the mafia!

Shade, the vanilla Mafia has been lynched!

Night phase ends in 24 hours at 6:00 PM EST 01/08/2020. Please get your night actions in before then. Following day phases will only last 24 hours.

Players Left (5):

• OrangeP47
  • Jeod
  • Killing_You
  • ChopBam
  • Mojoman

One thing I considered was the situation we're in. If Mojoman hadn't been afk, scum would have won by now. How is that possible? Well, by Orange's daykill. If Retaliation hadn't been killed, we'd have been at 7 players today--3 scum, 4 town. Today would have been the deciding factor in the natural order. However, not only did we get extremely lucky today, but we'll be in the same situation tomorrow--and be at a loss if Mojoman decides to return. In a game where mafia don't know eachother, and after ISOing Chop, I think Orange is a likely candidate for the third scum. The Sniper.