Mystery Mafia: Holidays 2019

iLikeToSnipe

Completely forgot this part...

Mafia MechanicsThere were three mafia in this game, but they could not fulfill the "tie town numbers" victory condition without being linked up in the mafia doc. Also, until there were two mafia in the mafia doc, the night kill would have gone to a random member of the mafia.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Don't beat yourself up too much. It was an interesting setup, and people flaking wasn't your fault. The focus on posts is probably good and a good change of pace for us and something we should do more often, but unfortunately I'm always the top poster and get scum read no matter what I do. In fact, as i told Shade before the game started, I was seriously thinking of deliberately hamming it up and seeming scummy even if I was town this game to give myself more cover as scum in future games, though I did not go this route in the end (but I still wound up scum read regardless :p )

One scenario I was actually hoping for was to have two active mafia not linked up together and two town; where the mafia weren't 100% certain who their remaining teammate was. Would have been interesting to see how that would play out. Would town have tried fake claiming mafia?

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

One scenario I was actually hoping for was to have two active mafia not linked up together and two town; where the mafia weren't 100% certain who their remaining teammate was. Would have been interesting to see how that would play out. Would town have tried fake claiming mafia?

I've seen a kind of similar gambit (as scum in a no-communication scenario) on MU and it actually worked out pretty brilliantly.

8 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

It's alright. It made for a fun mystery while it lasted. And the setup seems like a good one for a larger/more active player group.

Since we have so few active players, I kind of want to run/play in the 5-person setup Jeod had a while ago (that got eaten by forum updates literally the day after it ended). Gonna eat dinner now, though, so apologies for late responses.

Four cop sanities, one vanilla scum. I can do that again sure.