[GAME OVER] Cop Mafia II

Jeod

Though just had a thought. Not all of Voe's advice was good, but some of it was, namely that people that got town reads should investigate the mafia reads. That leads to Voe or KY N1. If KY is faking claims, the easiest to fake would have been whoever would be killed. Obviously he can't kill himself. Therefore, that explains the weird Voe kill.

This is similar reasoning to why I investigated KY last night.

I have to admit, I don't have much of a leg to stand on here. My decision to investigate Voe seems to be coming back to haunt me.

So it's down to either Orange or me, eh? Well, in that case, let's do this: We stick to the plan. I'll investigate Orange, he'll investigate me, and the others can take their pick.

##vote NoLynch

27 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

I have to admit, I don't have much of a leg to stand on here. My decision to investigate Voe seems to be coming back to haunt me.

So it's down to either Orange or me, eh? Well, in that case, let's do this: We stick to the plan. I'll investigate Orange, he'll investigate me, and the others can take their pick.

##vote NoLynch

I already investigated you. I'm pretty sure I'm the naive cop.

Agreed on the charts, it's the biggest help to us winning. Looking back on the charts and the recent posts, I do have one concern. There's only two cops who's reports will actually matter at this point, the insane and sane cops. It's obvious that neither myself nor ChopBam are the sane cop, and I know at this point that I'm the insane cop.

I know that one of either KY or Orange have to be town and that one person has a 50/50 chance of being the sane cop. Whoever is town will know their cop sanity after tonight, but I wouldn't know which of the two to trust. It's just going to become their word versus each other.

It doesn't matter who I investigate out of the two, I will either clear or find the mafia player making me the biggest threat. In other words, the only thing that's going to change after this night is that mafia will kill me. Our best bet is to scum hunt traditionally at this point. I'm still looking through posts and cop reports, I haven't come to anything conclusive yet.

For now, I'm in favor of a no lynch to give you guys ChopBam time to sort through posts and figure out who it is. Otherwise, I would be in favor of switching back to a 48 hour day phase and making the lynch this day.

##vote nolynch

2 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Agreed on the charts, it's the biggest help to us winning. Looking back on the charts and the recent posts, I do have one concern. There's only two cops who's reports will actually matter at this point, the insane and sane cops. It's obvious that neither myself nor ChopBam are the sane cop, and I know at this point that I'm the insane cop.

I know that one of either KY or Orange have to be town and that one person has a 50/50 chance of being the sane cop. Whoever is town will know their cop sanity after tonight, but I wouldn't know which of the two to trust. It's just going to become their word versus each other.

It doesn't matter who I investigate out of the two, I will either clear or find the mafia player making me the biggest threat. In other words, the only thing that's going to change after this night is that mafia will kill me. Our best bet is to scum hunt traditionally at this point. I'm still looking through posts and cop reports, I haven't come to anything conclusive yet.

For now, I'm in favor of a no lynch to give you guys ChopBam time to sort through posts and figure out who it is. Otherwise, I would be in favor of switching back to a 48 hour day phase and making the lynch this day.

##vote nolynch

I investigated KY and got Town, I'm not the sane cop unless you're mafia.

Yes on extension. Sorry I've been away during the day. I've had family visiting and doing entertaining all day and generally only been able to get to the thread at night (like last night).

While iLTS claims he thinks he may be the target, I think I could be the target since I am confirmed town. If iLTS is indeed the insane cop, the remaining scum could try pushing an iLTS lynch, claiming he's lying about that and Voe was the insane one. If iLTS does die as the insane guy, it's really 50/50 for me on Orange and KY. Neither of them stands out to me as scum, and iLTS's story really seems convenient in line with his report claims, possibly to take the insane role from Voe and we'll never know.

This is why I'm leaning on iLTS. It seems a bit fishy to me. If I was a scum iLTS and saw a town report on me N0, I'd want to take that person out ASAP just in case they were insane and put me on the chopping block. Lo and behold, this is what happened with Voe.

5 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

Yes on extension. Sorry I've been away during the day. I've had family visiting and doing entertaining all day and generally only been able to get to the thread at night (like last night).

While iLTS claims he thinks he may be the target, I think I could be the target since I am confirmed town. If iLTS is indeed the insane cop, the remaining scum could try pushing an iLTS lynch, claiming he's lying about that and Voe was the insane one. If iLTS does die as the insane guy, it's really 50/50 for me on Orange and KY. Neither of them stands out to me as scum, and iLTS's story really seems convenient in line with his report claims, possibly to take the insane role from Voe and we'll never know.

This is why I'm leaning on iLTS. It seems a bit fishy to me. If I was a scum iLTS and saw a town report on me N0, I'd want to take that person out ASAP just in case they were insane and put me on the chopping block. Lo and behold, this is what happened with Voe.

You know... now I'm not so sure... I guess it could be ILTS, especially as he did overlook that one possibility I brought up...

I'll put my hat in for ##No Lynch because I do think at this point we need more input of another day, but I also think the extension is still good because we need to keep talking this out.

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

We're just going to need a bigger turnout when Verti60 is finally ready to host his new Star Wars mafia.

I foresee a great turnout for the Star Wars mafia. The Force will make it so.

p3szz.jpg

2 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

You know... now I'm not so sure... I guess it could be ILTS, especially as he did overlook that one possibility I brought up...

I'll put my hat in for ##No Lynch because I do think at this point we need more input of another day, but I also think the extension is still good because we need to keep talking this out.

I'm a little confused, can you be more specific about what I'm overlooking? Is it that you're the naive cop?

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'm a little confused, can you be more specific about what I'm overlooking? Is it that you're the naive cop?

The bigger point being that I already copped KY and it came back town, so the only way I can be anything other than naive is if YOU are the scum.

15 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

The bigger point being that I already copped KY and it came back town, so the only way I can be anything other than naive is if YOU are the scum.

I guess I'm not really seeing the issue here? If you're town then KY is scum and you copped him with a town result. So yeah, you are a naive cop. Otherwise you're mafia and you just aren't a cop.

7 hours ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

##vote nolynch

This post by you seemed to be not sufficiently aware of the situation. Specifically the bolded. It's not a 50/50 chance.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:10 PM, Killing_You said:

Last time, we opted for NoLynch in order to give us the broadest possible sample of cop reports for D2. Is that something that you guys think is worth exploring?

On 1/13/2020 at 12:57 PM, OrangeP47 said:

Killing more people could possibly help us narrow down *what* cops people are faster, though, is the alternative. It's something I've been going back and forth over, and I'm not sure which to do. (I didn't play this game last time).

That said, we have 3 people reporting a town result, and two people reporting a mafia result. Law of averages says that's one too many town results, unless the plain insane cop actually hit the mafia.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:59 PM, OrangeP47 said:

Killing Voe would give us the most information, and would also resolve one of the three people giving us a town report.

I've been going back over the posts from Orange and KY, and these stood out to me.

KY was actually the first to suggest a no lynch, the strategy that is most optimal for town. Orange soft countered right after that with a suggestion to kill players to faster check their alignment, the strategy that is most optimal for mafia. Now, that's not 100% proof of either's alignment, but it's a start.

My suggestion of a no lynch and concern for a rapid lynch train on Voe was met with accusations of scumminess from only one person, Orange. These accusations were not backed up by anything other than meta arguments. As best I know, not one other person here was opposed to a no lynch plan besides Orange.

We know that Orange was the first to suggest killing other players, the first to vote for Voe, and the only one to continue pushing for any lynch on players. If anyone has demonstrated any scummy behavior in their posts and actions, it's Orange.

Now, I know Orange is going to pull out a last ditch effort and make a case against me. So I'll let Orange do the talking for me.

On 1/13/2020 at 2:02 PM, OrangeP47 said:

No one said anything about it, but I felt the need to inform you of it anyway. The implication being if you're scum you're trying to get us to no lynch because it's advantageous to you. That's exhibit B-2. Exhibit B-1 is the fact that you didn't really seem to interact with the good points regarding actually lynching, you just laid out your case for a counter plan. Exhibit A is you slow rolling your peek.

"The implication being if you're scum you're trying to get us to no lynch because it's advantageous to you." Let me remind you all, if I am mafia, then Voe has to be the insane cop and got an N0 investigation on me. In what world would it be advantageous to me to no lynch as mafia, let alone a no lynch that spares the player who would certainly out me as mafia? I mean, let's walk through this logically. Once all the claims were made, there were two mafia results and three town. If I were mafia I would have to have known that Voe were the insane cop in that situation and that he would out me the next day.

I would have supported that lynch and I would get an extra kill during the night! That'd be insanely lucky for me, how could I pass up that opportunity? But, only one player put forth effort into getting Voe lynched.

Orange believed a Voe lynch was to his advantage. Obviously, he would eliminate town on D1 and force D2 into LYLO. He would also eliminate a player who had gotten a cop report of the same alignment he claimed, making it easier for him to fake a claim.

There's motive, there's action, and I don't think there's any reasonable doubt. At this point, I am absolutely confident that the mafia player is Orange so I see no point in delaying this.

##vote Orange