[GAME OVER] Cop Mafia II

Jeod

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I've got to say, you had me on some points. But that one really is kind of dumb. It's legit the typing style I have used for years.

It's not a sure thing but consensus is that it's a greater than 50% scumtell. I wouldn't use it as sole evidence, but the lack of engagement with it was really pushing my buttons.

11 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Also maybe this can be the start of Chop and me not scum reading each other every game, that would be nice.

Haaaaa. Good one! ;) 

iLTS you did really play well this game, trying to fit right into that insane role that Voe left behind. I mean, it was pretty lucky for him to have a town report on you and for you to open the game with a mafia report on him. In terms of likelihood and guessing, you would have been more likely to have been the real insane guy with those reports, so it was pretty natural to fall into that role. Kept me second guessing because some of the things you did really were what decent town would have done (such as stopping the D1 Voe lynch). Nice work, and you didn't give up with all the pressure I was putting on you.

5 minutes ago, ChopBam said:

This was quite fun, Jeod. Thanks for hosting! I hope it was entertaining for the people reading, as well.

It was interesting watching Orange basically end up in the same situations I find myself in as Town quite a few times. :p

3 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

It was interesting watching Orange basically end up in the same situations I find myself in as Town quite a few times. :p

I mean, you were basically right in our conversation a few weeks ago about "don't let ILTS get away with being vague" even though I was defending him in that.

Congratulations, especially to @iLikeToSnipefor making it that far despite the town making all the right decisions.

You know, i actually verified myself insane Night 1. Had you killed anyone else but me, it'd be over.

At the same time I'm happy how the other townies picked up how absurd my NK was Night 1, from scum's perspective. I was already the best lynch target for Day 1 (had we elected to do so) due to most information being revealed on me.

Also, killing KY Night 2 to force ChopBam into Orange vs iLTS was perfect :golfclap:

9 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Still having reservations about the setup?

This was a good game to watch! Had I been in Chop's shoes, I would have played into iLikeToScum's hands and voted Orange. Props to him for reading both of their posts and finding the truth between the lines.

14 hours ago, Jeod said:

I’ll have to see if @FRAYDO recommends it.

Never seen Darwin's Game, though I would be curious to watch it sometime if you say it's good.

20 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I mean, the guys at Mafia Universe do it so much that they decide lynches by math, and doing anything other than the "mathematically optimal" option is shunned.

I also assume they avoid closed setups with unknown power roles in them correct?

5 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I also assume they avoid closed setups with unknown power roles in them correct?

Likely. Being "too optimal" is boring and something we all understand here. Despite the "optimal" ways of playing this setup the players still managed to stir the pot a little. But yes, there is a reason this is only the second Cop Mafia game in 4 years.

1 hour ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I mean, the guys at Mafia Universe do it so much that they decide lynches by math, and doing anything other than the "mathematically optimal" option is shunned.

I like how mafia was originally meant to be this fun social game of reading people and catching clues. I guess the folk at MU found the "social" and the "interaction" part of the game too difficult :doge:

Assuming it wouldn't interfere with Verti's Star Wars Mafia game, I wouldn't mind hosting a CYOR.

I figure that wouldn't be that difficult to get up and running assuming at least some of you have a general idea of what role you'd want to be. :p

27 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Assuming it wouldn't interfere with Verti's Star Wars Mafia game, I wouldn't mind hosting a CYOR.

I figure that wouldn't be that difficult to get up and running assuming at least some of you have a general idea of what role you'd want to be. :p

Let's get this party started!