[GAME OVER] Cop Mafia II

Jeod

38 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Where’s the Star Trek game you guys were going to do?

I have some basic ideas for it, but I've kind of been waiting on some more input from KY and I just assume he's been pretty busy. I mean, it's *his* game after all not mine, I'm supposed to be the junior partner in the set up.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Let's get this party started!

Ok, I'll wait to hear from @VERTi60 about when he's wanting to start his game before throwing up a thread then.

But In the meantime, I'll go ahead and ask about what sort of theme everyone would want for the CYOR. Or if you even want one, since I consider the main point of the theme to help players come up with character ideas.

17 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Ok, I'll wait to hear from @VERTi60 about when he's wanting to start his game before throwing up a thread then.

But In the meantime, I'll go ahead and ask about what sort of theme everyone would want for the CYOR. Or if you even want one, since I consider the main point of the theme to help players come up with character ideas.

I think we could probably do themeless.

On 1/18/2020 at 2:25 PM, Shade939 said:

I also assume they avoid closed setups with unknown power roles in them correct?

Yes. Usually the setups are known in advance, or at least a matrix of possible setups. Completely closed setups are very rare, and I feel like CYOR is a foreign concept to them.

5 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yes. Usually the setups are known in advance, or at least a matrix of possible setups. Completely closed setups are very rare, and I feel like CYOR is a foreign concept to them.

CYOR is a foreign concept to most mafia groups, to be fair, not necessarily because they're against closed setups or power roles, but because most people don't want to deal with balancing the damn things.

That said, I played a pretty good closed set up on MU (Pokemon Yellow) and it was satisfactory, it would have thrown even us for a loop.  Mafia won because nobody really considered the fact that that mafia would have a *backup* role (and maybe a side order of the last remaining scum being trustworthy enough everyone believed him when he claimed vanilla).

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

CYOR is a foreign concept to most mafia groups, to be fair, not necessarily because they're against closed setups or power roles, but because most people don't want to deal with balancing the damn things.

That said, I played a pretty good closed set up on MU (Pokemon Yellow) and it was satisfactory, it would have thrown even us for a loop.  Mafia won because nobody really considered the fact that that mafia would have a *backup* role (and maybe a side order of the last remaining scum being trustworthy enough everyone believed him when he claimed vanilla).

(And also the fact that I'm generally pretty crap as town, that's another reason town lost)

That was a fun time. I'll admit, I had it wrong the whole time. 

Totally down for a themeless CYOR... though I wonder how Shade will handle the balancing.

On 1/18/2020 at 7:57 PM, OrangeP47 said:

I have some basic ideas for it, but I've kind of been waiting on some more input from KY and I just assume he's been pretty busy. I mean, it's *his* game after all not mine, I'm supposed to be the junior partner in the set up.

You kind of implied that you had other ideas in the design doc :v I left a minor comment a while ago. I'll see you there, then.

2 hours ago, Killing_You said:

That was a fun time. I'll admit, I had it wrong the whole time. 

Totally down for a themeless CYOR... though I wonder how Shade will handle the balancing.

You kind of implied that you had other ideas in the design doc :v I left a minor comment a while ago. I'll see you there, then.

If there's a lull and then new stuff gets added probably best to message me on steam about it or something just like as a heads up that there's new things.

On 1/19/2020 at 2:59 AM, Shade939 said:

For now I should be free to run the game in February up until mid march when I start to work again. I can start an interest thread by the end of this week to see if we can get people to play. If you don't want to wait until people sign up and the game to get ready you can go on and host. Alternatively, I can post pone the game for several weeks for either spring break or even summer but I'm not sure if I'll be available then.

7 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

For now I should be free to run the game in February up until mid march when I start to work again. I can start an interest thread by the end of this week to see if we can get people to play. If you don't want to wait until people sign up and the game to get ready you can go on and host. Alternatively, I can post pone the game for several weeks for either spring break or even summer but I'm not sure if I'll be available then.

I'm pretty certain my schedules more flexible than yours, so go ahead and host your game. That'll give you more time to actually start your game and play it in instead of wanting to wait on another CYOR game to finish up in the middle or end of February. It might be doable, but it wouldn't leave you much room for error in that case or taking your time with mechanics.