New tanks?

miblet

33 minutes ago, miblet said:

Im the only one who wants to see a leopard 2 on gdi arsenal... or the tiger 1 or 2 on the forgotten war Factory idk it Will be cool to see tanks from ww2 on the forgotten arsenal xD

We all would. However, there is a new GDI tank already modeled/developed and is able to detect stealth set to premiere later on in the year after testing. It might be the leopard 2...

I for one vote for the Tiger 1 / 2 as it's an awesome tank. However, this mod is almost entirely one man who is quite busy with life. The fact we're here is quite amazing in my opinion and these things take time. Kaskins/dblaney have developed all these maps (And recently vile facility) , vehicles, adjustments/balances and such like ships. So it's quite alot to do.

The good news however, is there is a new drone R/C unit about to be input in the game for scouting and to drive around (it's awesome). A new patch was just put out. Also if you're looking for some German WW2 Tankage.. the O-13 something from the forgotten war factory is actually the Hetzer Tank irl.

Hetzer_lesany.jpg

Nod also has a bunch of WW2 Tanks. They are however so ineffective late game (or after 5 minutes honestly) that modeling more is just a gimmick if anything. The gun on a Tiger (88mm) is pathetic compared with anything this game has. In addition, the engine is slow, and it's armor I don't think was ever designed to stand up to dual 120mm Railguns. To model a unit which almost sees no use in reality besides "wow, this is cool!" then *Novelty worn off. Whatever* is not as good of a usage of time than making actual new units/weapons and models for the game that greatly can affect gameplay.

This would be a great Nod-Counterpart to the Tortoise :biggrin:

Jagdtiger

Spoiler

"Jagdtiger" (="hunting Tiger"), tank-destroyer version of the Tiger II, embedding a 128mm Pak44 into 250mm frontal armor

(image source: https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagdpanzer_VI_Jagdtiger#/media/Datei:Jagdtiger-Aberdeen.00059se8.jpg by User:Fat yankey, CC BY-SA 2.5)

Edited by der Papst

On 2/11/2020 at 7:43 PM, Threve said:

there is a new GDI tank already modeled/developed and is able to detect stealth set to premiere later on in the year after testing. It might be the leopard 2...

So, now stealth vehicles will be useless, while GDI having immortal field of Aegis?(

Sometimes Aegis field just making bad situation for GDI. But in right hands it can make GDI base almost unrushable.

10 hours ago, shoverno2 said:

So, now stealth vehicles will be useless, while GDI having immortal field of Aegis?(

Sometimes Aegis field just making bad situation for GDI. But in right hands it can make GDI base almost unrushable.

Of course a lot of testing will be required for any new unit and we'll see how gameplay is affected. However there are no plans to make this stealth detecting tank a Challenger II or something that is stupid hard to kill. Furthermore, being this tank will more than likely have Nod focusing all their fire on you.

Aegis Field shield gen thingy. It's very useful when used properly. However, it has to also be taken into account that Nod can just stack up while said shield is turned on. Which typically happens anyways.

On 2/15/2020 at 6:57 PM, der Papst said:

gdi op.jpg

You could always just go hard and be really OP yourself.

On 2/11/2020 at 11:16 AM, miblet said:

I want a Custom Tank added to Interim Apex.

If you (or anyone else) would like to see a custom tank in this game. You can always make the model yourself, sound settings, textures, objects.ddb associated with it then test it and give it to Kaskins when you feel it's complete. There are currently a billion things he's trying to do on his own in terms of balance and new things. So making a whole new model by himself whilst balancing work isn't exactly easy. Doing it yourself though will grant a greater chance of it happening.

On 2/17/2020 at 8:12 PM, Threve said:

You could always just go hard and be really OP yourself.

If you (or anyone else) would like to see a custom tank in this game. You can always make the model yourself, sound settings, textures, objects.ddb associated with it then test it and give it to Kaskins when you feel it's complete. There are currently a billion things he's trying to do on his own in terms of balance and new things. So making a whole new model by himself whilst balancing work isn't exactly easy. Doing it yourself though will grant a greater chance of it happening.

what do i need to make my own tank 

17 hours ago, MAMMOTHTANK said:

what do i need to make my own tank 

W3D viewer, 3D Max and a load of other shit. You can find more in the W3D tutorials. As far as actually doing a lot of it, you may have to ask for help at someone else as I’ve never actually modeled anything in W3D. It takes a while to learn.. but if you can. You can create anything you want and have a valuable skill. 

On 2/21/2020 at 10:03 AM, Threve said:

W3D viewer, 3D Max and a load of other shit. You can find more in the W3D tutorials. As far as actually doing a lot of it, you may have to ask for help at someone else as I’ve never actually modeled anything in W3D. It takes a while to learn.. but if you can. You can create anything you want and have a valuable skill. 

scorpion_cannon_fire.wav

Just now, MAMMOTHTANK said:

how do i put it in threve

Please stop commenting on this topic about custom sounds. Use the *Message Feature* located right next to the users (Me.. Threve) Profile to send messages to me or anyone else from now on.

As i've said before in the message I sent you, 

"Put this into your TTFS Folder for IA.

ThisPC > LocalDisk C: > Program Files (x86) > W3DHub > Games > ia release > IAFiles > InterimApex > ttfs > files"

The words above mean where you're at in your computer. So when you right click on the folder icon and click "File explorer"... notice how on the top of the window it says "This PC" ? Just navigate the links until you get to where i'm telling you. You were able to extract this sound somehow from Halo and upload it here... I'm almost positive you got this man. You can do it.

On 2/23/2020 at 6:06 PM, Threve said:

Please stop commenting on this topic about custom sounds. Use the *Message Feature* located right next to the users (Me.. Threve) Profile to send messages to me or anyone else from now on.

As i've said before in the message I sent you, 

"Put this into your TTFS Folder for IA.

ThisPC > LocalDisk C: > Program Files (x86) > W3DHub > Games > ia release > IAFiles > InterimApex > ttfs > files"

The words above mean where you're at in your computer. So when you right click on the folder icon and click "File explorer"... notice how on the top of the window it says "This PC" ? Just navigate the links until you get to where i'm telling you. You were able to extract this sound somehow from Halo and upload it here... I'm almost positive you got this man. You can do it.

F0074DC4.ik_mlrs_launch.wav

@MAMMOTHTANK please stay on topic.

On 2/11/2020 at 10:16 AM, miblet said:

Im the only one who wants to see a leopard 2 on gdi arsenal... or the tiger 1 or 2 on the forgotten war Factory idk it Will be cool to see tanks from ww2 on the forgotten arsenal xD

Those might be interesting. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a KV-2 added to the Forgotten War Factory arsenal, just for pure meme factor without being totally useless.

2 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Those might be interesting. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing a KV-2 added to the Forgotten War Factory arsenal, just for pure meme factor without being totally useless.

A KV-2 with HE rounds (AP as alternate fire?) would be quite nice yeah. Long reload, not really accurate but a big punch. Would give another reason to go for the forgotten War Factory when it is around.

8 hours ago, shoverno2 said:

Well, i found THIS!

The Soviet flame long range tank object 483!

ob483a.thumb.jpg.5c790ce73043921271345c29e0d1d48c.jpg

and some info http://tankmuseum.ru/ob483/

I think it's just need to be in game. It's own base - T-54, so almost half "meshes"(i wonder) already exist.

Maybe some disraptor type Nod fraction vehicle...

Would be the Nod version of GDI Zippo

Could you guys add the C&C 3 Mammoth Tank and probably the Predator as well? They'd serve well as more mobile and powerful versions of the normal tanks we already got. Could make the Predator cost about 2000-2200 range(mind you the Pred has a 150mm cannon and it should do quite a bit of damage) and the Mammoth looks just badass. It would cost about 3500 so it's on par with the titan and it could probably be upgraded with railguns. The mobility would be much better compared to the normal mammy ingame.

latest?cb=20101118194619

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 5:59 PM, WNxHeadShot said:

Could you guys add the C&C 3 Mammoth Tank and probably the Predator as well? They'd serve well as more mobile and powerful versions of the normal tanks we already got. Could make the Predator cost about 2000-2200 range(mind you the Pred has a 150mm cannon and it should do quite a bit of damage) and the Mammoth looks just badass. It would cost about 3500 so it's on par with the titan and it could probably be upgraded with railguns. The mobility would be much better compared to the normal mammy ingame.

latest?cb=20101118194619

WOW, I really like your idea but GDI would be overpowered, btw I think if they add CnC 3 Mammoth and CnC 3 Stealth Tank (8 rockets per reload) the game can be more fun due to a more unique arsenal :D

Currently Infrareds pretty much own anything, the DPS is just absurd and it can easily kill infantry, tanks and buildings alike. It takes about 20 or so seconds to kill a building all by yourself. Nod also has access to goliaths which were nerfed by increasing the cost drastically so it was a good decision, they can kill a shit ton of units all by themselves(almost kills a 36 inch alone) and you can just use a stealth gen to roam around and get behind enemies. Don't really see how this would make GDI overpowered seeing how you need actual teamplay to win as GDI whereas with Nod you can do a shit ton of damage all by yourself or just with another person.

The mammoths ingame are good damage wise but they're kinda sluggish, titans are pretty much the slowest unit ingame followed by the 36 inch. In my opinion it would serve well as a unit that's above in firepower compared to the titans but lower cost and much higher speed than a 36 inch. You could make it 4000 and put it on par with the T35(even though that humongous thing had between 10 to 30 mm of armor to begin with) or just make it a bit better. It would still probably be helpless against goliaths because no matter how expensive you make them they will still be really cost effective, killing 3 titans all clumped up together with one explosive boi and a fanatic inside.

It also just looks fucking mean.

22 hours ago, WNxHeadShot said:

Currently Infrareds pretty much own anything, the DPS is just absurd and it can easily kill infantry, tanks and buildings alike. It takes about 20 or so seconds to kill a building all by yourself. Nod also has access to goliaths which were nerfed by increasing the cost drastically so it was a good decision, they can kill a shit ton of units all by themselves(almost kills a 36 inch alone) and you can just use a stealth gen to roam around and get behind enemies. Don't really see how this would make GDI overpowered seeing how you need actual teamplay to win as GDI whereas with Nod you can do a shit ton of damage all by yourself or just with another person.

The mammoths ingame are good damage wise but they're kinda sluggish, titans are pretty much the slowest unit ingame followed by the 36 inch. In my opinion it would serve well as a unit that's above in firepower compared to the titans but lower cost and much higher speed than a 36 inch. You could make it 4000 and put it on par with the T35(even though that humongous thing had between 10 to 30 mm of armor to begin with) or just make it a bit better. It would still probably be helpless against goliaths because no matter how expensive you make them they will still be really cost effective, killing 3 titans all clumped up together with one explosive boi and a fanatic inside.

It also just looks fucking mean.

"How about Infrared?"

You know, having good firepower, it also having such bad debility at taking damage. Just take some aircraft or tought tank and destroy Infrared.

Yes, it's able to destroy building in 20 seconds, with good chance to be destroyed in 5 seconds, losing 2850 credits to void.

If this will be nerfed, then it might be like last time esec stealth tank was nerfed to trash toy.

GDI's titans and mamonth, actually, having ultimately big armor and health, with health regeneration on mamonth, of course.

Also, i think i shouldn't to saying anything about disruptor.

Oh, such comedy, it's killing building just like Infrared, but with little bit bigger price it's having superior health/armor and bigger damage. Who needs to kill enemy infantry/vehicles, when you can just simply destroy whole base at all by rushing with it?

Just remember to make sure, thet enemy will not restore disruptors and toss them toward your base XD

And about mamonth and titans. Yep, them slow. But then take a look at their range and rotation speed. Them just outrange most def. But most hilariously, them able to outrange it WITH INSTANT HIT. That's matter that there no chance to dodge it. Just perfect long range high armor distroyers. Them even don't need any speed, as their path to starting attacking too small due to their RANGE. And being cool long range destroying, them truly hard to conterpart. Even if you will use Goliath, pray that there will be no any stealth spot veh, no any EMP troops and "hit and run" vehicles. Otherwise "wasted"...

Edited by shoverno2

I never really had any issues playing with the goliaths and stealth gen support. Most maps are pretty open and there's stuff happening all the time so it's easy to not notice something go by unless you have a MSA literally in the middle of the field. Yes the infrared costs a lot and it's fairly weak but it can actually take on most units all by itself since it's very nimble and it had a high DPS. You can also just use the alternate fire as a finishing shot if the enemy still has some health left so you can save a couple of seconds. Not to mention you can just take a Petrova and EMP the unit then kill it, go back to refill the grenades or just use !ammo and go kill stuff again.

The whole conversation took a turn for balance talk instead of what it was made for, suggesting the C&C 3 Mammoth, not even a request, just an idea. It would be a good addition.

Edited by WNxHeadShot

9 hours ago, WNxHeadShot said:

I never really had any issues playing with the goliaths and stealth gen support. Most maps are pretty open and there's stuff happening all the time so it's easy to not notice something go by unless you have a MSA literally in the middle of the field. Yes the infrared costs a lot and it's fairly weak but it can actually take on most units all by itself since it's very nimble and it had a high DPS. You can also just use the alternate fire as a finishing shot if the enemy still has some health left so you can save a couple of seconds. Not to mention you can just take a Petrova and EMP the unit then kill it, go back to refill the grenades or just use !ammo and go kill stuff again.

The whole conversation took a turn for balance talk instead of what it was made for, suggesting the C&C 3 Mammoth, not even a request, just an idea. It would be a good addition.

Actually, Infrared second attack mod like prism tank attack. It's long range good damage.

And if there will be added something from c&c 3 to GDI, then why not to add alots of cool stuff to Nod too. Avatar will be something like Nod version of titan.