[Postponed] Star Wars Mafia 2: The Rise of Empire

VERTi60

8 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

On the flip side I'm free on Sunday now.

Though that said I just got gifted Borderlands 3 for my birthday so I might be about to pull an Irishman :p (though given my internet and this game's truly massive filesize it's probably going to be Monday before my download is finished).

On 3/13/2020 at 11:53 PM, OrangeP47 said:

Though that said I just got gifted Borderlands 3 for my birthday so I might be about to pull an Irishman :p (though given my internet and this game's truly massive filesize it's probably going to be Monday before my download is finished).

It's ok. I'm even considering postponing the game until further notice since I'm also feeling a bit sick myself and can't focus finishing the actions for the past few days. Might resume balancing the game until the situation here gets better, right now it's getting worse every day.

We'll see. I'll keep you posted, let me know how everyone else is doing.

Fotka Chrisa Stantona.

Yeah, it just arrived in my town/county, and we're pretty rural. Didn't go out for my birthday but instead stayed in with family playing scrabble/poker. They canceled all church services so the locals are flipping out pretty hard. Not that I go to church, but for these people to take that step you know they're spooked.

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

Welp. I'm teleworking indefinitely, so I can run mafia. What style shall we go with lads?

@VERTi60 If your postponement won't be too long, I won't host. Good luck out there.

TBH Shade had that CYOR queued, though he bought Borderlands 3 as well.

9 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Unlikely, I'm not particularly inclined to want to go out of my way to host a game right now.

Then I guess Jeod can host if he wants to. I still vote for a CYOR, but I'm open to most ideas.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Then I guess Jeod can host if he wants to. I still vote for a CYOR, but I'm open to most ideas.

Yep, I can do a more heavily theme based CYOR style game if it comes down to that. I wouldn't mind doing a Cyberpunk theme for one.

9 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Yep, I can do a more heavily theme based CYOR style game if it comes down to that. I wouldn't mind doing a Cyberpunk theme for one.

Cyberpunk the genre or Cyberpunk the actual series? Because boy do I have some memes from when I used to play Shadowrun with my D&D group.

You guys want to be viruses? I was thinking along the lines of the Ausgleich RPG only with players taking on the role of nations deciding how to handle an epidemic with consequences that may lead to human extinction.

40 minutes ago, Jeod said:

You guys want to be viruses? I was thinking along the lines of the Ausgleich RPG only with players taking on the role of nations deciding how to handle an epidemic with consequences that may lead to human extinction.

Honestly that's probably too complicated unless you just rip off one of the existing video games 1 for 1. Also given my recent conversation with Shade ended up with him declaring you can't prove he's the one spreading the virus so no court can actually convict him (if he hypothetically got the virus) I feel as if we'd meta argue too much.

If you really want to do a virus game, and make it an RPG, maybe make it team virus vs team researcher where both the virus levels up with new symptoms but the researchers can level up too with new treatments. That's probably a lot easier to balance and work with really.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Honestly that's probably too complicated unless you just rip off one of the existing video games 1 for 1. Also given my recent conversation with Shade ended up with him declaring you can't prove he's the one spreading the virus so no court can actually convict him (if he hypothetically got the virus) I feel as if we'd meta argue too much.

If you really want to do a virus game, and make it an RPG, maybe make it team virus vs team researcher where both the virus levels up with new symptoms but the researchers can level up too with new treatments. That's probably a lot easier to balance and work with really.

Third party time travel doctor who's only treatment is amputation (serial killer).

It depends on the virus, but without an effective mean of determining who has a virus and who doesn't, you also have to prove they knew they had the virus, they're the only person you could have run into who had the virus, and that you could only get or have gotten the virus from human contact. 

There's a legal process to convict someone of a crime in which an investigation to collect evidence is usually conducted first.

19 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

It depends on the virus, but without an effective mean of determining who has a virus and who doesn't, you also have to prove they knew they had the virus, they're the only person you could have run into who had the virus, and that you could only get or have gotten the virus from human contact. 

There's a legal process to convict someone of a crime in which an investigation to collect evidence is usually conducted first.

I'm not interested in having the argument again, I'm just saying there would be arguments if we did it. Not just between you and me, but likely between lots of people with the GM included.

• 1 month later...
On 2/16/2020 at 2:28 AM, VERTi60 said:

Please let me know, who would like to play the next SW Mafia (can replace or even add new players). I may have time by the end of May to start it if we get enough to play and if I get enough motivation to run it :v

I sense a disturbance in the force - I sense a disturbance in the ...

I'm in, also, you might want to individually message people so they're actually notice someone posted in this thread.

@Retaliation

@OrangeP47

@Voe

@iLikeToSnipe

@FRAYDO

@Killing_You

@Category 5 Hurricane or @Louis if they wanted to join up now, since they were just in the last game.

I figure some of you have better ways of getting a hold of @Sunflowerand @rubeci also than this forum.

4 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I sense a disturbance in the force - I sense a disturbance in the ...

I'm in, also, you might want to individually message people so they're actually notice someone posted in this thread.

@Retaliation

@OrangeP47

@Voe

@iLikeToSnipe

@FRAYDO

@Killing_You

@Category 5 Hurricane or @Louis if they wanted to join up now, since they were just in the last game.

I figure some of you have better ways of getting a hold of @Sunflowerand @rubeci also than this forum.

I'm still in.