Stick bombs

3 hours ago, notDMB said:

...unit has garbage weapons for actually playing the game instead of doing PvE. 

Yzma-The-Emperors-New-Groove.jpg

Hold my Lee rifle.

It's awesome anti infantry! It's just effective against ANY troop, ANY. Also, even stick bombs can be used to anti infantry job, as it's instantly deadly for troops and having long radius of explosion.

Shmel effecctive against infinity too. Maybe it could be more effective against vehicles, but actually it's "Rocket-propelled infantry flamethrower - A bumblebee", (yep, Шмель = Bumblebee) that means it's supposed to used against infantry, not against tanks.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPO-A_Shmel

So, this unit supposed to be Full anti-infantry troop.

Edited by shoverno2

There's 15 other units that have headshot ability and aren't bolt action. So nah it's pretty bad at everything. Commisar/Adriana is 300 credits more for a unit that's much better against infantry and has great anti tank supporting ability. 

2 hours ago, notDMB said:

There's 15 other units that have headshot ability and aren't bolt action. So nah it's pretty bad at everything. Commisar/Adriana is 300 credits more for a unit that's much better against infantry and has great anti tank supporting ability. 

Bolt action rifle is satisfying to use. It's something like no scope well ranged sniper rifle. It's just enough, nothing else is needed. Just perfect Anti-infantry with cheap price, actually.

Duno, maybe you never tryed to use only red tide/home guard all match time. Maybe you doesn't having much experience at using such troop class...

7 hours ago, notDMB said:

Their bolt actions do a little less than half the damage of a Ramjet rifle. 

By the way, never dealed much damage by hitting infantry in body with ramjet...

But Lee Enfield having 10 ammo capacity and having, saying that all times XD, rifle knife, that having nice range for melee weapon!

And, actually, it's over accurate! With scope you moving slower, but there's no scope! It's just brilliant cheap weapon for infantry killer!

It's better to use like sabotage unit. Just run near base and start killing infantry. That will give your command time to organise vehicle rush.

Edited by shoverno2

Dunno what to tell you. The bolt actions do about 100 steel damage while the ramjet is 200 steel with explosive splash damage. Ramjets can body shot low tier infantry if you hit center mass and kill Mobius infantry in two headshots, or one headshot and two body shots. 

3 hours ago, dblaney1 said:

I will look into different warheads for sticky bombs. Something that damages tanks more and buildings less would be a good option. 

Molotov cocktails.

Stick bombs having such same explosion that needs just to add fire explosion to be like that.

That would be effective against infantry and light vehicles(maybe medium, idk)

Hi I see where this is going as it was brought up to my attention about 2 days ago. Been very busy with some other vehicles I am modeling it for IA and real life work related.

So there is some tweaked which will be apply on the upcoming update for the Homeguard/Red Tide unit.

Sticky Bombs/Grenades explosion (c4 type ) damage reduce from 128 to 114.

Sticky Bombs/Grenades explosion radius reduce from 6 to 2.85.

Sticky Bombs/Grenade detonation time increase from 4.1 seconds to 6.0 seconds

Reload time for sticky bomb increase from 3.2 seconds to 5.7

In addition the ammo they carry will be now 3 from 5.

The throwing distance was adjusted on the server side, it was originally if not mistaken intended for easier to place dynamite, and timedc4 on a vehicle. Sticky Grenade inherited the timed c4 logic and therefore is throwing range is further which I have a mix thought about it.

So to destroy the building entirely an average time I calculated ( which took me to do so ) is about 33 seconds, you may try to be super micro and may get to 29 seconds the fastest in destroying the MCT. I didn't use !ammo as I tested it on lan so is not accounted for.

But there is a catch, with less sticky bomb and without the !ammo call in, there is a small chance that even after you unload all the AT4 or Shmel launcher the building will stay alive.

But above all Homeguard and Red Tide are only useful within the 5 minutes when the match start, after that their useful capabilities plummeted.

2 hours ago, Kaskins said:

Hi I see where this is going as it was brought up to my attention about 2 days ago. Been very busy with some other vehicles I am modeling it for IA and real life work related.

So there is some tweaked which will be apply on the upcoming update for the Homeguard/Red Tide unit.

Sticky Bombs/Grenades explosion (C4 type ) damage reduce from 128 to 114.

Sticky Bombs/Grenades explosion radius reduce from 6 to 2.85.

Sticky Bombs/Grenade detonation time increase from 4.1 seconds to 6.0 seconds

Reload time for sticky bomb increase from 3.2 seconds to 5.7

In addition the ammo they carry will be now 3 from 5.

The throwing distance was adjusted on the server side, it was originally if not mistaken intended for easier to place dynamite, and timedc4 on a vehicle. Sticky Grenade inherited the timed C4 logic and therefore is throwing range is further which I have a mix thought about it.

So to destroy the building entirely an average time I calculated ( which took me to do so ) is about 33 seconds, you may try to be super micro and may get to 29 seconds the fastest in destroying the MCT. I didn't use !ammo as I tested it on lan so is not accounted for.

But there is a catch, with less sticky bomb and without the !ammo call in, there is a small chance that even after you unload all the AT4 or Shmel launcher the building will stay alive.

But above all Homeguard and Red Tide are only useful within the 5 minutes when the match start, after that their useful capabilities plummeted.

You underestimate red tide/home guard power )) cause them still usable anti infantry well long range troop(Yep, at long range there best use of this class).

But any way, thanks. Now it supposed to be more anti-infantry, with keeping well cool anti building abilities.

Also, hope them still well-effective against vehicles. I think them still do))

Edited by shoverno2