Possible Bug

So today on Infinite Isle I was unable to do any kind of damage to Nod buildings with the explosive discs. Is this a bug or was it intended? I remember doing it on certain other maps where I killed airstrip all by myself because they do quite a lot of damage.

Edited by WNxHeadShot

Hmm strange, I am pretty sure Explosive Discs grenades should be able to destroy a building from outside and inside as well. Thanks for informing will get back to you in about 8 hours from the time this post goes up.

Back and I did a test on my end and it sees to deal damage against Nod Airstrip as well as other buildings with Explosive Disc.

Btw Obelisk Gun is using Laser_noBuilding therefore they deal 0 damage to structure.

19 minutes ago, Kaskins said:

.Btw Obelisk Gun is using Laser_noBuilding therefore they deal 0 damage to structure.

Excellent! This is good news especially for Infinite Isle, because from the cliffs the obey gun of the past could one-shot every defense.  

Edited by Raptor29aa

51 minutes ago, Kaskins said:

Back and I did a test on my end and it sees to deal damage against Nod Airstrip as well as other buildings with Explosive Disc.

Btw Obelisk Gun is using Laser_noBuilding therefore they deal 0 damage to structure.

I was up on the cliff just above the comm centre. That's weird. I did get the discs from the !weap command though.

Did you do it in the server though? I started a SP game on infinite isle and this time I was able to damage the buildings.

Edited by WNxHeadShot

1 hour ago, Raptor29aa said:

Excellent! This is good news especially for Infinite Isle, because from the cliffs the obey gun of the past could one-shot every defense.  

Well, I believe defenses use Vehicle logic while buildings (like the HON/Ref/ Con Yard) use building logic. As a result, defences (at least as of a week ago) can still be annhilated by the Obelisk gun. In addition, the Ob gun was taken out of Infinite Isle if i'm not mistaken.

54 minutes ago, WNxHeadShot said:

I was up on the cliff just above the comm centre. That's weird. I did get the discs from the !weap command though.

You could have just been hitting the building at a weird angle that didn't register damage. For example, if you shoot the doors of a building it doesn't count for any damage whatsoever. I think the Com Center has some weird places damage doesn't register as well like the antenna/pole or a certain part of the radar dish. You could also have been missing as well or maybe your grenades were bouncing and it wasn't hitting in a finicky way. Renegade is weird like that sometimes.

Nah that can't be. I was out in the open lobbing discs at 3 different buildings(hon, comm and PP) and neither were taking any damage. It's not hard to throw them lol, they got a big ass range. The spots I tried to hit when this occured was the hand part of HON + where the helipad usually would be. The top of the comm centre(not doors or anything since I was above the buildings) and the powerplant all over the place.

So I tested it out in the server thanks to kaskins and threve. There are a few places where the buildings won't take damage apparently like the right side of the hand on the hon and the area between the door and the helipad on top. Also the red part of the powerplant(the roof or whatever) that goes around wasn't taking damage but the rest of the building was.