Help with Renegade Map Editor

Jeka

Hi everyone) I need your help. I recently downloaded RenegadePublicTools to edit the C&C Renegade game. So here. I opened the Renegade Map Editor, and it turned out that there are NO resources (soldiers, cars, buildings, weapons, etc.). What should I do? Maybe you need to install any resources so that I can create maps for C&C Renegade?

Please help me(

2 hours ago, Jeka said:

Hi everyone) I need your help. I recently downloaded RenegadePublicTools to edit the C&C Renegade game. So here. I opened the Renegade Map Editor, and it turned out that there are NO resources (soldiers, cars, buildings, weapons, etc.). What should I do? Maybe you need to install any resources so that I can create maps for C&C Renegade?

Please help me(

So you will need the actual Renegade game as well, as that is where the editor gets the resources. You will also want to grab the latest LE scripts from tiberiantechnologies.org

@ChopBam and @Jerad2142 and others can help with some of the questions that I'm sure are coming next. I don't know much :P

But welcome to W3D Hub! Ask for anything you need and we will find someone who can help!

52 minutes ago, Einstein said:

So you will need the actual Renegade game as well, as that is where the editor gets the resources. You will also want to grab the latest LE scripts from tiberiantechnologies.org

@ChopBam and @Jerad2142 and others can help with some of the questions that I'm sure are coming next. I don't know much :P

But welcome to W3D Hub! Ask for anything you need and we will find someone who can help!

Can you for instance download APB or Interim Apex and use the Always.dat from from those games only and make a map? Or is Renegade required for all W3D games?

On 19.03.2020 at 19:52, Threve said:

Can you for instance download APB or Interim Apex and use the Always.dat from from those games only and make a map? Or is Renegade required for all W3D games?

Of course, I can install APB or Interim Apex, but I would like to use the resources of a regular game. And yes, I installed C&C Renegade from the disk. So, I have the game itself.

Sorry for my bad english(

Edited by Jeka

I run this pile for my LE every time I put it on a new computer, note it assumes renegade is installed to the origin folder

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Westwood Studios\LevelEdit]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Westwood Studios\LevelEdit\Config]
"DeviceName"="NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080"
"DeviceBitsPerPix"=dword:00000018
"Windowed"="1"
"Immed Preset Checkin"=dword:00000001
"Last save dir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels"
"Last export dir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Origin Games\\Renegade\\Data"
"TempID"=dword:3b9aca17

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Westwood Studios\LevelEdit\Install]
"Exe"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\LevelEdit.exe"
"InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Origin Games\\Renegade\\Renegade.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Westwood Studios\LevelEdit\Recent File List]
"File1"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\CpTest.lvl"
"File2"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\test.lvl"
"File3"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\Level5.5_SlvrSo.lvl"
"File4"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\Level5.5.lvl"
"File5"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\Level5b_SlvrSo.lvl"
"File6"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\Level5a_SlvrSo.lvl"
"File7"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\level1_SlvrSo.lvl"
"File8"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\Level3a_SlvrSo.lvl"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Westwood Studios\LevelEdit\Settings]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Westwood Studios\LevelEdit\Window]
"Left"=dword:fffffff8
"Right"=dword:00000788
"Top"=dword:fffffff8
"Bottom"=dword:00000418
"Maximized"=dword:00000001

Sorry for the delay I get sloppy and forget to check the forums.

LeReg.reg

On 3/23/2020 at 9:50 AM, Jerad2142 said:

I run this pile for my LE every time I put it on a new computer, note it assumes renegade is installed to the origin folder

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Westwood Studios\LevelEdit]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Westwood Studios\LevelEdit\Config]
"DeviceName"="NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080"
"DeviceBitsPerPix"=dword:00000018
"Windowed"="1"
"Immed Preset Checkin"=dword:00000001
"Last save dir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels"
"Last export dir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Origin Games\\Renegade\\Data"
"TempID"=dword:3b9aca17

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Westwood Studios\LevelEdit\Install]
"Exe"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\LevelEdit.exe"
"InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Origin Games\\Renegade\\Renegade.exe"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Westwood Studios\LevelEdit\Recent File List]
"File1"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\CpTest.lvl"
"File2"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\test.lvl"
"File3"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\Level5.5_SlvrSo.lvl"
"File4"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\Level5.5.lvl"
"File5"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\Level5b_SlvrSo.lvl"
"File6"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\Level5a_SlvrSo.lvl"
"File7"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\level1_SlvrSo.lvl"
"File8"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\RenegadePublicTools\\RenLevelEdit\\Renhalo\\Levels\\Level3a_SlvrSo.lvl"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Westwood Studios\LevelEdit\Settings]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Westwood Studios\LevelEdit\Window]
"Left"=dword:fffffff8
"Right"=dword:00000788
"Top"=dword:fffffff8
"Bottom"=dword:00000418
"Maximized"=dword:00000001

Sorry for the delay I get sloppy and forget to check the forums.

LeReg.reg 3.68 kB · 0 downloads

Thank you very much))) You really helped me. I'm still going to get from always.dat objects.ddb and put it in the root folder with the game, and at the same time I will try your method.

Thank :)

Nothing ... The first method did not work ... What saddens that objects.ddb is not in always.dat ... I don’t know what to do ... Please give me the exact location of objects.ddb in always.dat or give the file itself ... I will be grateful to you.

P.S — There is nothing on the objects panel itself (in folder Presets), there are only one folders in which there is nothing.

5 hours ago, Jeka said:

Nothing ... The first method did not work ... What saddens that objects.ddb is not in always.dat ... I don’t know what to do ... Please give me the exact location of objects.ddb in always.dat or give the file itself ... I will be grateful to you.

P.S — There is nothing on the objects panel itself (in folder Presets), there are only one folders in which there is nothing.

So in stock renegade (and some mod projects) the objects and strings are stored in an "objects.dbs" file, which is essentially just another .dat file, just with a different extension. Extract that file with w3d3x or XCC mixer and you will get what you need :)

I think Westwood did it like this to make object/strings updates small and painless.

In stock renegade the objects file hides in always.dbs, I don't think leveledit is smart enough to find files outside its specified scope (in stock I believe its only always.dat, always2.dat, and always.dbs (although, we might have modified it to read always3.dat at some point as well... you are using the newest ttscripts stuff right?)).

528ebb08bf847658d61ae409f53af7dc.png

14 hours ago, Jerad2142 said:

In stock renegade the objects file hides in always.dbs, I don't think leveledit is smart enough to find files outside its specified scope (in stock I believe its only always.dat, always2.dat, and always.dbs (although, we might have modified it to read always3.dat at some point as well... you are using the newest ttscripts stuff right?)).

528ebb08bf847658d61ae409f53af7dc.png

What the ttscripts? :D Yes, I have new ttscripts, but how can this affect the map editor for Renegade? Can these scripts affect Presets in the Renegade Level Editor?

7 hours ago, Jeka said:

What the ttscripts? :D Yes, I have new ttscripts, but how can this affect the map editor for Renegade? Can these scripts affect Presets in the Renegade Level Editor?

The TT "scripts" package is actually the entire game engine. We often refer to it as "scripts" because it does contain many additional custom scripts for extra game function, but it is indeed the engine itself. The same engine that the editor requires to do its thing. They must be modified and upgraded together, since they share a common codebase, otherwise the editor would not know about new engine capabilities.