CYOR Mafia: Social Distancing Edition

iLikeToSnipe

We're still on track to start on 04/05. I've typically started my games at 6:00 PM EST due to my work schedule. With that being completely open now, is there any preference to starting it earlier in the day rather than in the evening? If not, I'll still keep it at 6:00 PM EST on the 5th.

Considering it's day one, if you want to start it early it shouldn't effect game balance by giving town more time to discuss pertinent information, so go ahead and start it early if you want to.

Plus it'll give us more time to troll each other day one. :v

2 hours ago, Jeod said:

Just start in like 3 hours.

Currently doing a final balance pass. And I'm fairly sure I have coronavirus... Not too bad right now at least, I've been a lot worse before. I'll update if there's a chance it'll impact the game.

5 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Currently doing a final balance pass. And I'm fairly sure I have coronavirus... Not too bad right now at least, I've been a lot worse before. I'll update if there's a chance it'll impact the game.

Like, you got a fever and everything though? Because it's allergy season too.

7 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Don’t die on us halfway through. Get whatever rest you need any time.

7 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Like, you got a fever and everything though? Because it's allergy season too.

I thought it was allergies when this started a few days ago with weird sore throats, but I've had little to no sinus drainage and my allergy meds that always work don't do anything. Plus they'd now be the worst allergies I've ever had by far. I haven't had a bad fever, just hovered around 100F. For about two days now I've got coughing/chest pains that feel similar to pneumonia and waves of random, intense fatigue. Plus the bizarre lack of smell and taste; made some bacon and I could only barely smell the smoke from it.

7 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Don’t die on us halfway through. Get whatever rest you need any time.

I'm making sure I get my rest, thankfully mafia isn't too difficult to run from bed. My understanding is that if this was going to get "go to the hospital bad" I'd have known by now. Very thankful I'm not having more serious symptoms.

1 minute ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

I thought it was allergies when this started a few days ago with weird sore throats, but I've had little to no sinus drainage and my allergy meds that always work don't do anything. Plus they'd now be the worst allergies I've ever had by far. I haven't had a bad fever, just hovered around 100F. For about two days now I've got coughing/chest pains that feel similar to pneumonia and waves of random, intense fatigue. Plus the bizarre lack of smell and taste; made some bacon and I could only barely smell the smoke from it.

I'm making sure I get my rest, thankfully mafia isn't too difficult to run from bed. My understanding is that if this was going to get "go to the hospital bad" I'd have known by now. Very thankful I'm not having more serious symptoms.

Yeah that does sounds like it...

39 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

How many days in are you? I've read a number of accounts where you'll start to feel better and then relapse as soon as you start living "normally" again.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

I'd probably be a bit concerned since you're also suffering chest pains, which would seem to indicate a lung infection that your body didn't fight off.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

How many days in are you? I've read a number of accounts where you'll start to feel better and then relapse as soon as you start living "normally" again.

Up to five days since the symptoms first started, but it's hard to tell if any of it at the start was allergies (though I don't think that's likely at this point). I've been staying at home as much as I can, last time I was out was to get groceries on 03/25 so I had to have gotten it then.

2 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

I'd probably be a bit concerned since you're also suffering chest pains, which would seem to indicate a lung infection that your body didn't fight off.

It's not as bad as pneumonia (I had that years ago). If I get bad tomorrow I'll be going to the doctor, but my symptoms haven't really gotten any worse or better the past 36 hours.

3 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

The mean time to hospitalization after symptoms appear is 4 days, so if it doesn't get worse for you from here I'd say you're probably fine, but I'm not a doctor or expert or anything.

Yeah, that's exactly what I've read. I don't think there's as much consensus, but I think my demographic/age range has a mean time of 3 days. If you're going to the hospital at my age, you pretty much live very unhealthy and/or have pre-existing conditions that make it worse. Or you live in a place with a ton of pollution that messes up your lungs (i.e. China).

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Yeah, that's exactly what I've read. I don't think there's as much consensus, but I think my demographic/age range has a mean time of 3 days. If you're going to the hospital at my age, you pretty much live very unhealthy and/or have pre-existing conditions that make it worse. Or you live in a place with a ton of pollution that messes up your lungs (i.e. China).

Just keep an eye on it, and you should probably actually seek medical attention if it does start to get worse. Since that would most likely indicate that your bodies immune system isn't up to the task of fighting off the infection.

29 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Up to five days since the symptoms first started, but it's hard to tell if any of it at the start was allergies (though I don't think that's likely at this point). I've been staying at home as much as I can, last time I was out was to get groceries on 03/25 so I had to have gotten it then.

It's not as bad as pneumonia (I had that years ago). If I get bad tomorrow I'll be going to the doctor, but my symptoms haven't really gotten any worse or better the past 36 hours.

I hope you feel better soon! If you do need to see a doctor, make sure to tell them about your symptoms before you go, so they can take the necessary precautions. Depending on where you live, there might be a hotline you can call about testing.

3 minutes ago, Sunflower said:

I hope you feel better soon! If you do need to see a doctor, make sure to tell them about your symptoms before you go, so they can take the necessary precautions. Depending on where you live, there might be a hotline you can call about testing.

I am going to see if I can get tested, assuming there's not a shortage of kits in my area.

Thank you all! I'm wrapping up the balancing as I can, hope to get PMs out tonight or early tomorrow. If I can do that, we'll start at 12 PM EST 04/05.