CYOR Mafia: Social Distancing Edition

iLikeToSnipe

4 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

That sucks to hear, iLTS. Hope you get well soon! Keep us updated!

Thank you! If anyone else happens to get it, I've found that sitting upright in my desk chair helps a lot with the pain and breathing difficulty.

For game start, I won't be able to start it at 12 PM EST. So, I'm going to start it whenever I can (which will be before 6 PM EST). However, day actions will not be usable/counted until 6 PM EST.

28 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Thank you! If anyone else happens to get it, I've found that sitting upright in my desk chair helps a lot with the pain and breathing difficulty.

For game start, I won't be able to start it at 12 PM EST. So, I'm going to start it whenever I can (which will be before 6 PM EST). However, day actions will not be usable/counted until 6 PM EST.

Can I still spam my day action to provoke "discussion"?

1 hour ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Honestly iLTS, it does sounds like you actually have a worse case than most people would expect to actually get, and it wouldn't be effecting their lungs as badly.

22 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Honestly iLTS, it does sounds like you actually have a worse case than most people would expect to actually get, and it wouldn't be effecting their lungs as badly.

I do know a family friend whose husband around my age had to go on a ventilator. I wouldn't rate my breathing difficulty as that bad right now. I've had pneumonia before and some other nasty respiratory illnesses, I'm actually surprised I'm not doing worse right now given my past issues.

It looks like I'll at least be able to get access to meds if it does get worse.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

I do know a family friend whose husband around my age had to go on a ventilator. I wouldn't rate my breathing difficulty as that bad right now. I've had pneumonia before and some other nasty respiratory illnesses, I'm actually surprised I'm not doing worse right now given my past issues.

It looks like I'll at least be able to get access to meds if it does get worse.

Ok, just wanting to make certain you're taking your symptoms as seriously as you should.

36 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Don't fall for any of those quack schemes.

Only what my doctor recommends, which would probably be that hydroxychloro... something I can't remember. At this point though, I think I'm going to be okay.

30 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

Ok, just wanting to make certain you're taking your symptoms as seriously as you should.

I've been pretty much the only person in my family to wear a mask... though I don't have any of the ones that work really well.

6 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Only what my doctor recommends, which would probably be that hydroxychloro... something I can't remember. At this point though, I think I'm going to be okay.

The thing is, there are no drugs for it. That one's quackery too.

Edit: To be clear, it's legit for malaria, but this virus isn't malaria, obviously.

Hydroxychloroquine is supposedly only effective if taken very early on, before the virus can duplicate itself a lot. It's pretty useless if the virus has already penetrated multiple cells.

When did we all get doctorates?

There's at least some sort of medication they can give in the later stages of the infection, that's fairly expensive and rare.

Something like $5,000 for dose, and is fairly difficult to get a hold of, so they'd only use it in very specific cases that would also correlate with being in the ICU.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Hydroxychloroquine is supposedly only effective if taken very early on, before the virus can duplicate itself a lot. It's pretty useless if the virus has already penetrated multiple cells.

When did we all get doctorates?

That's good to know. At least it's not bad for me (yet).

Well I mean, after it's progressed to a certain point, it's like trying to treat a broken arm with drugs. If your lungs are destroyed, there's no magic pill that can be taken to repair physical damage. Obviously you want the virus to go away, but that's not really the problem at that point.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

Well I mean, after it's progressed to a certain point, it's like trying to treat a broken arm with drugs. If your lungs are destroyed, there's no magic pill that can be taken to repair physical damage. Obviously you want the virus to go away, but that's not really the problem at that point.

Yeah, even the medication I'm mentioning, is fairly rare, so they'd only expect to be able to save about ten people in total using their supply at the local hospital.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Pretty much. Best you can do is try to alleviate the symptoms.

From what I've been told, acetaminophen will help, but aspirin might make the problems worse. Not sure about naproxen sodium, though.

Just now, Killing_You said:

Pretty much. Best you can do is try to alleviate the symptoms.

From what I've been told, acetaminophen will help, but aspirin might make the problems worse. Not sure about naproxen sodium, though.

They said to be careful with it at first, but then later said it's okay. The reason they said be careful is because it lowers fevers, but you actually NEED the fever as that's your body's natural defense, and by lowering your fever you were prolonging how long you had the virus, so in borderline cases it was a bad idea, but after enough cases they came to the conclusion it's not a big enough difference to really matter.