CYOR Mafia: Social Distancing Edition

iLikeToSnipe

17 hours ago, Shade939 said:

Fine, I'll be reasonable and at least wait a night phase before doing anything rash.

##No Lynch

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

I'll be blunt, ladies and germs--daykills and nightkills eliminate characters, but lynches eliminate players. Scum are going to want to get as many lynches as they can. Hence my above post.

##vote nolynch

3 hours ago, Killing_You said:

I was about to ask when you posted that... Given that lynches are party wipes, is it possible that we have a higher than average scrum count?

I do agree with your reasoning, though. 

##vote NoLynch

3 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

Technically we don't know that NKs are just a char kill, but I do think it's a safe assumption.

I'll put down for ##No Lynch at current time too, however, though that is not to say I don't have reads, but I think further play can help solidify or dispel them.

3 hours ago, NodFan said:

##vote NoLynch

3 hours ago, Sunflower said:

##vote nolynch

It'd be a shame to totally eliminate someone and deprive them of all the fun. Especially if their abilities might have helped us out later.

(But this does mean we'd be forced to lynch someone next day)

Vote Counts:

NoLynch: 6

Approximately 24 hours until hammer!

Remaining Players (8):

• OrangeP47
  • Killing_You
  • NodFan
  • Retaliation
  • Shade939 (-1 character)
  • Jeod
  • Sunflower
  • FRAYDO

3 minutes ago, NodFan said:

so what happens when the hammer comes?

The day will end, votes will be tallied, and I'll post the result of the vote count (currently at no lynch for the day, so nobody dies). Then the night phase starts and you all think about your night actions. There will be more details on the night with that post.

Just now, NodFan said:

so what happens when the hammer comes?

It signifies the end of the day phase, and all votes are locked in. If someone was voted to be lynched then they're usually be killed and iLTS as the GM will reveal their alignment and any other information about them if they died.

After that, we go on to the 24 hour night phase, when you're limited to a max of two post in this thread, and you can PM any night actions you want to use to iLTS in the role PM he sent you. If you're mafia, then you also need to plot the NK for that night and you're communicate with your other mafia members in a separate Google Doc that only Mafia has access to on how to win.

27 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

Yeah, I keep on meaning to do more with web scraping but I never get around to it. I'm assuming there'd be no issues with having a "bot"/script to do that on the forums?

I do manual counts, it’s just tabled so easier to read.

7 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I'll just cut to the chase:  I can verify the alignments that visit me tonight.

Interesting move. You have asked several people to visit you and you now claim this. What reason is there really to verify our alignment with you when that's what classic scumhunting is for?

If we were to entertain Jeod's idea of a split-alignment team, what stops someone from sending you their "town" character and writing themselves off as clear? Additionally, how certain can you be of someone's alignment if their role or selected character were able to hide it?

4 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Interesting move. You have asked several people to visit you and you now claim this. What reason is there really to verify our alignment with you when that's what classic scumhunting is for?

If we were to entertain Jeod's idea of a split-alignment team, what stops someone from sending you their "town" character and writing themselves off as clear? Additionally, how certain can you be of someone's alignment if their role or selected character were able to hide it?

I'm going to start treating anyone who thinks individual characters have alignments as scum. You were already one of the suspicious people for me. For the last damn time, anyone with any iota of reading comprehension can deduce from their own PM it doesn't work that way.

To seriously answer the first part, it's a tool, just like any other, and you want to make use of all the tools you can, as doing without can be very inaccurate. That's the base of it, and about all you'll get for now, as I'm going to bed. It's interesting Jeod has not responded to this revelation, despite being on. A lack of cooperation with also be noted and factored into any evaluation.

6 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

I'm offended I wasn't even asked to visit you, being a "suspicious person" for you. You're asking for Shade, Jeod, and Sunflower and I'm curious for your reasons.

You've been less active, and are thus less of a priority. Shade is mostly in there because he's in a conflict with Jeod but as I said at one point, if he thinks he's going to die, it might be best if he doesn't visit me as it could screw things up, as the process is a bit quirky (I won't go into the exact quirks). Plus I trust Shade more anyway (what a world, I know). But yes, you can infer from who I've asked that I also suspect Sunflower a bit too.

Just now, Jeod said:

For all we know you could be scum that gleans info from your visitors. Don’t be surprised if you’re not visited by as many as you expect.

I mean, continue to gish gallop, it doesn't look good on you.

As I've said, a more manageable number of people visiting me is actually preferable. There actually is a way for scum to lie and get out of it (won't reveal that now, obviously), but I will say it's easier for them to do the more people that visit me. We can catch them in a lie easier if there's less people interacting with me. Or, conversely, we just settle for town-clearing people and PoE scum.

4 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Don’t be surprised if you’re not visited by as many as you expect.

Also, I have a backup. By default the action is a passive that applies to everyone that visits me, but if I choose to make it my active action, I can apply the action to seeing everyone that visits someone else, so technically I could ask everyone to visit YOU and check everyone's alignment while they're doing that.  But for now I'm going to keep that WIFOM. But yes, the implication from this is that I can check alignments AND use another action.

4 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

Also, I have a backup. By default the action is a passive that applies to everyone that visits me, but if I choose to make it my active action, I can apply the action to seeing everyone that visits someone else, so technically I could ask everyone to visit YOU and check everyone's alignment while they're doing that.  But for now I'm going to keep that WIFOM. But yes, the implication from this is that I can check alignments AND use another action.

So I guess, if we want to do an alternative, if there's one person we want to priority confirm, and you feel safe saying who you're going to action (big if), I can just use the alternate action mode on the same target if you don't want to visit me.

2 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

It's sketchy, but unless we want a D1 lynch, the only thing we can really do is test it.

I mean, I'll even conceed maybe you guys don't want to visit me, but like I said there's a backup. Pile on somebody else and I can sort you there. The only downside is that person won't be sorted unless they self-visit.

2 minutes ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean, I'll even conceed maybe you guys don't want to visit me, but like I said there's a backup. Pile on somebody else and I can sort you there. The only downside is that person won't be sorted unless they self-visit.

And like seriously, I'm the lamppost, this is the most obvious ability for it to have.

By the way, I don't really agree with the "split alignment" theory (what happens if you are down to 1 scrum character and one town?), So if you want me to try and hit that one character, that's still on the table.

4 minutes ago, Killing_You said:

By the way, I don't really agree with the "split alignment" theory (what happens if you are down to 1 scrum character and one town?), So if you want me to try and hit that one character, that's still on the table.

The thing is at this point, there's a 1/3 chance to hit the char that'll confirm, a 1/3 chance to hit the lamppost sorter (which I really want to use now, especially after I revealed it), and a 1/3 chance to hit the Support, which does other things, though depending on how likely people are to visit me vs visit other people I might just not use the Support.  I think at this point it's not good odds, but maybe D2 depending on how things develop. If I'm going to use the lamppost in active mode the Support is basically useless to me, and the civilian is useless unless they die, so that would mean 2/3 of my chars are useless (aside from HP) so it's okay to shoot, but we really need to know everyone's disposition on D2 to determine what's best.

So what does "sorting" do, exactly? You can't be going around saying what amounts to "I'm a cop/PR/something town but I can't tell you by abilities but if you don't follow my lead you're scummy".

I mean, seriously.

1 minute ago, Jeod said:

So what does "sorting" do, exactly? You can't be going around saying what amounts to "I'm a cop/PR/something town but I can't tell you by abilities but if you don't follow my lead you're scummy".

I mean, seriously.

I'm a custom motion detector basically.