CYOR Mafia: Social Distancing Edition

iLikeToSnipe

On 4/7/2020 at 1:37 PM, OrangeP47 said:

Shade, does your kill kill one or two?

On 4/7/2020 at 1:42 PM, OrangeP47 said:

If you shoot me will it kill both? Or just one?

On 4/7/2020 at 1:44 PM, OrangeP47 said:

If it kills just one there's now a 50% chance I can be confirmed town :p Well technically, if you kill both, I'll be confirmed town that way too :p

Seems like consent was being discussed at the time.

3 minutes ago, Jeod said:

I'm not staying up to see this squabble.

Rest might be good. You seem to be getting a little too frustrated right now.

So let's see here. Orange dayblocked Nodfan. Jeod dayblocked KY. Orange and Jeod asked to be shot. KY and Retal shot them. Retal and Jeod had a wrestling match and they both died. One of them exploded! Orange and Jeod are very grouchy because my gun doesn't work. There's someone out there talking to Orange that may or may not be me. And Dr Who died.

Something very fishy is afoot here.

Honestly, I'm a bit tired (because it's late, and dealing with the poweroutage) to make a full case on Jeod right now, but what I've said about him is hardly a secret. I've been loud and vocal on the issue. I'll add one more thing to the pile:  When Jeod is town, he gambits D1. He didn't do that this time. In fact, he explicitly said he wasn't going to tout some big plan, in contrast to my style.

That, combined with the sum total of other points, I think the choice is obvious.

##vote Jeod

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

Ehh I'm still not convinced. I'll have a reread when I'm less tired, but there's some things about Jeod that don't quite gel with him being scum in my eyes.

That's all well and good, but unless you're convinced of somebody, you have to go with the person who is most likely, and like at this point even if all you had were town reads, you'd have to go for your least town read because *somebody* has to be scum.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

That's all well and good, but unless you're convinced of somebody, you have to go with the person who is most likely, and like at this point even if all you had were town reads, you'd have to go for your least town read because *somebody* has to be scum.

At the same time, we've still got over 24 hours to hammer, and I don't want to jump to conclusions on half-reads. I want to go back and examine both you and Jeod more closely. The longer this feud goes on, the less I'm convinced that it's misguided town vs misguided town.

1 minute ago, Killing_You said:

At the same time, we've still got over 24 hours to hammer, and I don't want to jump to conclusions on half-reads. I want to go back and examine both you and Jeod more closely. The longer this feud goes on, the less I'm convinced that it's misguided town vs misguided town.

I mean that's fair, if you're just waiting to vote. I had the impression you were going to sit out entirely, which would have been bad at this low a player count.

3 hours ago, Jeod said:

I did, but hey. Too bad that appears to have been his only power play. Thanks a lot Orange.

His power play and what seems at this time his best pro-town ability.

6 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

a control ability is very scummy in general, I would know, I've used/asked for it a lot as scum.

I think an ability thief/copy could be equally as scummy but Orange here is pushing the suspicion on Jeod.

5 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I have a theory that Sunflower's gun only kills scum...

Orange was very quick to put out the theory that the gun only kills scum. When Peanuts died from Jeod's action no alignment was revealed. We know this also from the opening rules. Despite that, he was certainly hoping that Jeod's character would die and solidify his argument against him.

On 4/7/2020 at 1:23 PM, iLikeToSnipe said:

Sunflower points her gun and shoots at Orange with a loud BANG!

Nothing happened...

If Oranges wants to hold to this theory, then one could say that he and Jeod are not scum. On the other hand, without Sunflower revealing any hidden details about her gun that would otherwise help us resolve this case before day's end we're left seeing these two continue to squabble.

9 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

I mean that's fair, if you're just waiting to vote. I had the impression you were going to sit out entirely, which would have been bad at this low a player count.

He may have to. I’m not sure if incapacitate blocks voting.

I think it was only a joke until the gun actually kills someone, and if the last thing we heard was "oh it only kills scum"  then we would have seen all of the votes pile onto Jeod.

12 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Given Jeod's claimed ability, now I'm less certain that he'd actually be worried enough about Shade to take him out. I feel like killing him would do more harm to him than good in the long run. And if he WAS scum, he'd more than likely goad Shade into trying a daykill on him (which probably wouldn't be that hard).

He did try to goad Shade into taking the shot, and that was of course before his reveal that the shot will backfire. Had that happened, Shade would have been down two characters before D1 ended.

alright im late but

4 hours ago, Jeod said:

Why bother say nodfan is town?

no sir I am not town

13 hours ago, Killing_You said:

Hmm...

@NodFan what are your thoughts?

I cant even keep up with what everyone is saying XD

so honestly don't how to respond

15 hours ago, Retaliation said:

##vote Jeod

12 hours ago, OrangeP47 said:

##vote Jeod

1 hour ago, Jeod said:

##vote Retaliation 

Vote Counts:

Jeod (2):

• OrangeP47
  • Retaliation

Retaliation (1):

• Jeod

Hammer is in 36 hours at 6 PM EST 04/10.

3 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

I think it was only a joke until the gun actually kills someone, and if the last thing we heard was "oh it only kills scum"  then we would have seen all of the votes pile onto Jeod.

No worries. It doesn't kill anyone. It's supposed to make people smile but doesn't seem very effective!

So this is me on my phone for very first time ever. Power went out again at 1030 and has not been back since and is not estimated back until 630. I am not gonna play on my phone cause I need to conserve battery and it's really awkward, but figured you guys should know.