CYOR Mafia: Social Distancing Edition

iLikeToSnipe

Just now, Killing_You said:

@iLikeToSnipe Hypothetically speaking, if numbers between scum and town were equal due to a daykill, would the game continue or end instantly?

Due to mafia victory conditions, I would end it instantly. However, I just got on here because mafia is conceding. If you'd like to still blast someone, I will allow it.

2 minutes ago, Jeod said:

Only one, but it was supposed to be a full kill. Something stopped it halfway through.

Retal copied the one thing that could save him. I was expecting a mafia wipe with the actions put in last night, but that didn't happen.

End of GameWith no hope left, the mafia members surrender peacefully and justice is swiftly dealt out. Town wins!

Retaliation and Sunflower were the two mafia players. Congratulations to Town for your victory!

Made balancing mistakes in hindsight (i.e. cop + full player vig), but what are your thoughts and feedback on this type of format for CYOR?

I'd put more into the post, but I'm dealing with a migraine right now... :suicide:

Game Documents:

Game Setup

Mafia Doc

Dead Doc

Discussion Doc N1

Discussion Doc N2

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

It wouldn't have done any good. Sunflower is innately unwatchable and I had my choice of being unwatchable or using my unblockable with 50% chance to kill visitors kill on you.

Only one of her characters was unwatchable. Also, your unstoppable NK that can kill every visiting character was intended as a hard counter to Orange revealing his ability publicly D1.

1 minute ago, Retaliation said:

It wouldn't have done any good. Sunflower is innately unwatchable and I had my choice of being unwatchable or using my unblockable with 50% chance to kill visitors kill on you.

Honestly, I was going for town-confirming people and finding scum via PoE. When mass confirming, getting town confirmed is almost as good as confirming scum.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

Only one of her characters was unwatchable. Also, your unstoppable NK that can kill every visiting character was intended as a hard counter to Orange revealing his ability publicly D1.

Though also to be fair, I hadn't planned on revealing that D1, it just kinda happened after the civilian didn't die.

3 minutes ago, iLikeToSnipe said:

End of GameWith no hope left, the mafia members surrender peacefully and justice is swiftly dealt out. Town wins!

Retaliation and Sunflower were the two mafia players. Congratulations to Town for your victory!

Made balancing mistakes in hindsight (i.e. cop + full player vig), but what are your thoughts and feedback on this type of format for CYOR?

I think the format could work better with a bigger and slower paced game. You could have room for a TP to help hide who's killing who and there's room to mess with the scum gets a kill per night paradigm. 

I was honestly expecting lynches and NKs to be single character kills, and as such I fully expected Burning Godzilla or Fire Rodan to make an appearance. Still, I had fun with this format, and I'd love to play it again someday! 

And I was just about to shoot Retal, but glad to see we won anyway!

EmbellishedAmazingIberianbarbel-size_res

Just now, Killing_You said:

I was honestly expecting lynches and NKs to be single character kills, and as such I fully expected Burning Godzilla or Fire Rodan to make an appearance. Still, I had fun with this format, and I'd love to play it again someday! 

And I was just about to shoot Retal, but glad to see we won anyway!

I'd have to put a lot more thought into it if it's only single character kills/lynches. I don't think there'd be any investigation roles for starters.

I'd put more into the post, but I'm dealing with a migraine right now... :suicide:

Game Documents:

Game Setup

Mafia Doc

Dead Doc

Discussion Doc N1

Discussion Doc N2

Too many situational abilities that relied on obscure circumstances coming up to come into play.

Impossible to balance to any degree with so many conflicting variables.

Need to cut down on the number of abilities and make them more straightforward.

I'd have to put a lot more thought into it if it's only single character kills/lynches. I don't think there'd be any investigation roles for starters.

You could probably get away with role cops and such, but some would probably be a bit too much, yeah.

Just now, Retaliation said:

At least shade gave us a good bamboozle with this nonsense about a lightning rod.

What are you talking about? I had my own personal lightning rod which redirected all of the hostile against my characters to a specific character. ;)

You just assumed it applied to other players.

1 minute ago, Shade939 said:

What are you talking about? I had my own personal lightning rod which redirected all of the hostile against my characters to a specific character. ;)

You just assumed it applied to other players.

I wish I had that. If jeod ever copped me I had to hope that he ended up targeting the one that was immune to psychics.

1 minute ago, OrangeP47 said:

Also Shade it's rich you were kinda saying in the dead doc I was oversharing about my role considering how much of a fisherman you normally are for info.

You guys were a bit too free about your roles that game. Even Jeod unintentionally gave away he was the cop.

Just now, Retaliation said:

You guys were a bit too free about your roles that game. Even Jeod unintentionally gave away he was the cop.

The point being it's the opposite of how I usually behave, so if even he's saying it maybe next time he should cut me some slack when I'm not so open about it.

Just now, OrangeP47 said:

The point being it's the opposite of how I usually behave, so if even he's saying it maybe next time he should cut me some slack when I'm not so open about it.

You were asking to get multiple town players killed with your initial plan. :p