[GAME OVER] CYOR V (Anniversary Edition)

Jeod

image.thumb.png.79a9e18f5aeb90efbfeb10157033783c.png

INTRO

It's been three years since CYOR I! Can you believe it? The first CYOR game I hosted was on May 1, 2017. Look out for some special features in this anniversary edition... 

This game will start on Friday, May 1, at approximately 10PM GMT/UTC, which is the usual game start/hammer time. Game start date and time are subject to change based on signed player count and role PMs received.

For those of you who are new to Choose Your Own Role style mafia games, here’s a short explanation: at its core, CYOR is a standard mafia game. Town attempts to eliminate all hostile elements (mafia and third party). Mafia attempts to eliminate players and outnumber the other factions. The third party has specific win conditions based on their role, and the neutral faction is similar; neutral faction players, however, are not considered hostile.

If you sign up for this game, you will send me a PM with your role request. You can customize your role as much as you see fit, and I will do my best to honor your request. Here’s an example of a role request:

Spoiler

Character name: Riot Trooper

Role: Vigilante/Roleblocker OR Vigilante/Bodyguard

Bio:

Where there is chaos, there are also Riot Troopers. Standard training of the police officers was sometimes not enough to handle certain situations, esspecialy during war times. Thats why goverments decided to arm their troops fighting in urban areas with more frag grenades and shotguns, focusing their training on how to fight in towns and cities. After Years before the enemy attacked once more, specially trained soldiers with heavy flak jackets, riot shields, riotguns and flash grenades designed to flush out hostiles from the buildings and streets, were prepared to join the battle if another conflict arises.

Abilities:

1. Vigilante/Bodyguard

- Protect (Night action) - Riot Trooper can use his shield to protect selected target. If target is protected from any killing actions, shield breaks and cannot be used anymore.

- Riot Shield (Passive) - Shield protects Riot Trooper from any kind of killing actions. After defending himself, shield breaks and RT becomes vulnerable to hostile killing actions.

- Shoot (Day action) - Classic shoot option. Would 25% stuck/ 75% hit work? One time use.

2. Vigilante/Roleblocker

- Flashbang (Night action) - Throws a Flashbang at the direction of selected target, which prevents him from making any actions during this night.

- Riot Shield (Passive) - Shield protects Riot Trooper from any kind of killing actions. After defending himself, shield breaks and RT becomes vulnerable to hostile killing actions.

- Shoot (Day Action) - similar to above.

The more information you include in your request, the more accurate your final role will be. Here’s a template to help guide your request, although it’s not necessary to use when sending me your PM:

Spoiler

Character Name:

Bio:

Day Action(s):

Night Action(s):

Alignment:

Item:

Description:
Action(s) (i.e. ##Use, ##Pass):

Effect (i.e. On ##Use, or On ##Pass):

You can request a specific alignment, but I can’t guarantee it will be the alignment you receive. Please do not request overpowered roles! Keep game balance in mind. It’s much easier on the GM—and yourself—if you keep your role realistic for a mafia game. Mafia is a team game--if you design a carrying role, you're going to have a bad time.

RETURNING FEATURES

Items make for a fantastic dynamic that continue into other mafia games hosted by other GMs because of the added risk/reward factor. For example, the Death Note, an item capable of making extra kills for mafia, could end up in a town player's hands and then be used against scum. The reverse is also true. Items will be in CYOR V.

As with roles, if you choose to request an item in the game, please try to keep it realistic and relatively balanced. Requests for “magic potions that instantly discover mafia” will not be honored! Remember, requesting an item is optional!

Depending on the roles chosen, you may see a variant of the synergy mechanic from TheIrishMan's CYOR Supernatural Edition and iLikeToSnipe's CYOR Social Distancing Edition.

SUGGESTED CHANGES

If you have a suggestion for a game-wide mechanic that might add some pizazz to the game, then please share!

Signed Players – 8 Minimum - CLOSE ON APRIL 24

OrangeP47 (played by Category 5 Hurricane)

iLikeToSnipe (played by Category 5 Hurricane)

Killing_You (played by Category 5 Hurricane)

Louis (played by Category 5 Hurricane)

Shade939 (played by Category 5 Hurricane)

Mojoman (played by Category 5 Hurricane)

Retaliation (played by Category 5 Hurricane)

Chopbam (played by Category 5 Hurricane)

Category 5 Hurricane (played by himself)

FRAYDO (played by Category 5 Hurricane)

Previous CYOR Data

CYOR I

CYOR II

CYOR III

CYOR IV

Marvel Endgame Mafia

CYOR: Nintendo Edition

Hey, hold it! We were promised a Category 5 mafia for him only! Did he find the Mafia? Was he Town, Mafia, TP AND Neutral all at once? Who NK'd Cat5 N1, how did he survive the D2 lynch, these are answers I need!

59 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

Hey, hold it! We were promised a Category 5 mafia for him only! Did he find the Mafia? Was he Town, Mafia, TP AND Neutral all at once? Who NK'd Cat5 N1, how did he survive the D2 lynch, these are answers I need!

The answer is, yes.

8 minutes ago, FRAYDO said:

The game didn't get past D1 since Category 5 shot himself using his day-kill, only to have the attack ricochet off to hit Category 5 instead, forcing a tie between mafia and town and a victory for the TP since they killed everyone in game.