[GAME OVER] CYOR V (Anniversary Edition)

Jeod

If you want some more serious advice though, you need to predict how other people will react to your statements and then make your statement according to what image you want to present to them of yourself.

That being said, you can see how Category 5 and Orange had completely opposing responses to your comment on iLTS ability use and they were both Town in game.

27 minutes ago, Shade939 said:

If you want some more serious advice though, you need to predict how other people will react to your statements and then make your statement according to what image you want to present to them of yourself.

That being said, you can see how Category 5 and Orange had completely opposing responses to your comment on iLTS ability use and they were both Town in game.

Orange has had a bad record of trusting scum lately :v.

Just now, iLikeToSnipe said:

##big stick Orange

He said Scummy things, that's not Scummy at all. :p

In all fairness, I'm not certain you should have really been worried about finding a Town player to establish a masonry with right at the game start iLTS, even if you found scum there was a decent chance they could out themselves in the masonry with you.

Just now, Retaliation said:

Mojo would have appeared town if FRAYDO investigated him though...

Yeah, I know...but in a F3 like this, it wasn't a chance I could take. In this situation, I could live with getting beat by an ability I couldn't possibly know about. I couldn't live with going against a cop report and being wrong. If it weren't LYLO, I would have lynched Orange. Hell, in my opinion FRAYDO is MVP, because without that cop report I would have lynched Orange and been quite confident about it.

I went to bed the night before thinking just like that, "I have to lynch Louis. I have to lynch Louis." and then I get up and start writing the case I had built on Orange and I just keep getting more and more convinced that he really is scum that had an ability to fool the cop. I had to take myself back from the brink and force myself to follow the evidence rather than my reads. It was fucking tough.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Yeah, I know...but in a F3 like this, it wasn't a chance I could take. In this situation, I could live with getting beat by an ability I couldn't possibly know about. I couldn't live with going against a cop report and being wrong. If it weren't LYLO, I would have lynched Orange. Hell, in my opinion FRAYDO is MVP, because without that cop report I would have lynched Orange and been quite confident about it.

In all seriousness you're right. If you lynched Orange I would definitely be making snide remarks about returning scramble (and killing shade for no reason) to you right now.

That reminds me, I need to explain myself to Orange about why I didn't backup his roleclaim tomorrow :sweatdrop:.

1 minute ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

I went to bed the night before thinking just like that, "I have to lynch Louis. I have to lynch Louis." and then I get up and start writing the case I had built on Orange and I just keep getting more and more convinced that he really is scum that had an ability to fool the cop. I had to take myself back from the brink and force myself to follow the evidence rather than my reads. It was fucking tough.

Louis is dangerous because she doesn't always know the "correct" play. 

Just now, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Tell me about it, I didn't even bother to note the fact that Orange literally couldn't be anything other than Town because we had killed the Mastermind already and iLTS item could only hit at max one Mafia member, completely eliminating any possibility of him even being a TP.

Right? She comes out and claims I killed FRAYDO and she just wins. The fact that she didn't confused the hell out of me.

Nagh, you're ability was too OP for that, Jeod would have erased Oranges and Louis's votes on you as soon as you used your ability.

Well, I mean, from her perspective that's what she should have done. She couldn't know that I could use scramble again. Really the winning move would have been to kill me, I think.

She wouldn't get past an Orange and FRAYDO day lynch with a guilty cop report on her.

Yeah, I'm not surprised about that. I figured it was true that Louis really did track me, so one of them had to be using the NK at the same time. The fact that Orange kept denying that was just one of the things that kept bringing me back to him.

Really, what she should have done was jump on Orange as the other Mafia member sooner, if you didn't make the NK, since there's only one player left besides her.

Hmmm, maybe ask Orange about that. I know I would have been a bit suspicious of FRAYDO if he survived.

Maybe, although I'd think the only argument would be for FRAYDO to actually be the Mastermind instead.

Well, we have certainly had games before where either the cop was killed N1 (and the role wasn't revealed) or there wasn't a cop at all, and a scum player claimed cop and led town around all game because he was never countered and never wrong, until the last phase.

He would have been shooting himself in the foot by calling out Mojoman so early, but I doubt that we would have caught him after such a hard busing to counter that.

36 minutes ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Hell, in my opinion FRAYDO is MVP, because without that cop report I would have lynched Orange and been quite confident about it.

I did it! I have not failed you!

124280.gif

7 hours ago, Category 5 Hurricane said:

Hmmm, maybe ask Orange about that. I know I would have been a bit suspicious of FRAYDO if he survived.

I could have tinfoiled FRAYDO, but only if Louis built a strong case, with judging by how the day actually went, Louis seemed unwilling to do and would rather take a reactionary stance.

13 hours ago, FRAYDO said:

I did it! I have not failed you!

124280.gif

I'm still not sure it was worth giving my life to save yours.

14 hours ago, Retaliation said:

That reminds me, I need to explain myself to Orange about why I didn't backup his roleclaim tomorrow :sweatdrop:.

So @OrangeP47 I didn't mention I visited you because I was very worried about scum having the ability to take items either by NK or item thief. Unlynchable scum would basically be impossible to beat.