Hiz...sometimes when i join and game  loads...when its about to start i get this error message..."invalid id" or something like that(i got ingame to see the message now but it loaded normal now).

"Invalid ID" can occasionally be caused by quitting or crashing and then trying to rejoin too quickly before the server "realizes" that you've left. It gives that message because a player (previously you) with the same nickname is still in game (or so it thinks). In this case, just waiting a few seconds solves the problem. But do post a screenshot and give as much info as you can, and we'll try to verify what is happening :)

Yes you can protect your nickname. You have to join #ikmaps channel on irc.rencorner.com and then open a private message with the bot (~ikmapsbot). In this new window, you can write !register <playername> <password>. Then every single time you want to play in the server you must join irc and send a private message to the bot again but now write !auth <playername> <password>.

• 1 year later...
On 2/22/2022 at 10:26 PM, Marico said:

Im having the same problem. Did you fix this?

So that we can best help you, please start a new thread and describe your issue for us. This thread is old (please don't necro), there are a couple different issues talked about here, and yours could be completely different. Also the outcome (solution or not) in this case is not recorded...

Please provide screenshots, system information, and a good description of your issue and we'll do what we can to help. Thank you.