Obelisk and AGT Guns

• 1 month later...

I was having a discussion with some people in game, after the enemy team got their 4th AGT gun
In larger maps, having timed weapons would be sorta meh, but I think that having the AGT and ADATS guns have limited ammo, not able to be refilled. something like 15-25 bursts, would be enough to deal some serous damage, but not enough to just camp at long range and insta-murder things all game
Additionally, having it not drop on death would be nice, or, drop and keep the amount of ammo it had

Limited ammo would be realistic, but not refillable wouldn’t be fun. It would be better if a person had to refill often than camp a single spot for a long period. Besides unrefillable weapons are useless if the weapon drops upon death.

I would rather kill the guy who brought the pain on my base and serve it right back to him than pick up an unfillable nearly empty weapon.

my thought give it 12 shots and then need a refill. It’s enough to kill a single base defense and then need ammo. Also make it droppable on death as to reward the person who brought the guy down.

A). It gives incentive to go as a group instead of alone because the risk of the enemy capturing this tech is high

B). Limited ammo keeps the weapon useful for a support role in an attack (making each shot count)

C). Refillable makes this weapon useful if captured

D). Makes weapon less of one man army

Edited by Raptor29aa

Ok, I see your points, but the if the weapon would refill on being picked up, all you would have to do is have another team mate with you and then its basically the same as it is right now

also, if it was refillable by !ammo, then its also basically the same as it is now

perhaps a good compromise would be to refill at building terminals, or possibly refill tanks (to give them a use)  which would also limit the "fly to high position and camp for a whole game" strat.

I remember a game a while ago, I played on the map with kirovs (forgot the name) and someone camped gdi base the entire match with AGT gun from the center cliff, and after they killed the kirovs, I had no way to get to them or kill them from the ground, it completely ruined the game

Not ammo upon pickup, more like refillable by terminal or tank; and as for the !ammo command I think there is a 65 second delay between commands. (I use the command a lot) I’ll do the math later today on how long the wait for !ammo is and how many shots the Obby/AGT can do during that time, then I’ll cut the number in half so there is a wait time between refills. (Unless someone beats me to it)

Anyways if the weapons where nerfed in by very limited ammo (yet droppable and refillable) then maybe less of a timer restriction would be necessary and it could perhaps add something new to the positive gameplay experience 

I agree to that just having a set timer is not the best solution (more so on large maps)

But lets be honest, 60 or 65s to use the !ammo is not really a long time, especially when you can just hide somewhere after expending ammo.  Z

If you could use !ammo, you could go to places that are difficult to reach, or easily defended (most maps have them) and it would be the same as it is now with infinite ammo, only a bit of a lower aver ROF.  if you had to use a vehicle to replenish ammo, that would greatly limit locations where you could infinitely rain down shots, and doubly so if you had to go to a purchase terminal.

I get that the OBI, AGT, and ADATS (and a few more lesser ones, like hand cannon and vanquisher gun) are supposed to be these rare, powerful weapons, but IMO, they are too common.  especially the OBI spawning on some maps, and being t5 rewards.
its fun to use them, but its quite a lot less fun to be on the receiving end