Not Enough Players?

So, the last few days i've been trying to be more active in-game and in the W3D community (Discord, Forum) and, (maybe i'm wrong, please tell me if i am) i've noticed that, even though we have this many people interested in these games, and we have so many discussing about them, the actual playerbase is quite small

Usually, when i go and play some, i open the launcher and i see this
image.thumb.png.c284128de1ecb20e7df94ec5de52ad73.png
The mods, that i'm the most interested in, and love, have 0 players, almost constantly.
Maybe i'm just checking at the wrong time, and there is a playerbase to these games and i just don't notice it, hopefully. 
If someone can tell me why, please do, i'm really desperate to play them with the community. and i would love to hear opinions and explanations.

(Also, excuse me for the formatting, etc. of my post, i'm a first timer forum user. :D )

Hey there, and welcome to our forums! Glad you found us here. There are several opinions and explanations depending on who you ask, and here are my thoughts. As you said, we have a good number of people on our Discord and forums, and a healthy amount of discussion on top of that! I'm actually very happy to see our community as reached this point.

To see the same activity in our game servers is a hit or miss, and that can be common for other communities too. What I think happens is that players would open up the launcher and find that 0/40 or 0/127 staring them in their face and get turned away. Understandably, no one wants to join an empty server. However, a server does not populate until one person joins. Then the next user notices the playercount change, and they join. Then the third, then the fourth, and so on. The snowball effect does wonders for our games, and combined with our Discord, games fill up easier than ever! (Disclaimer: this may have limited effect on the multiple Renegade servers I see in your image, such as Area 51 AOW, Rencorner Snipe, etc. Though we support them, our Discord is linked to our in-house projects: APB, IA, TSR, ECW)

Which mods/servers are you looking for players in?

I should add that moonsense715, Apocalypse Rising Co-Producer, has vastly improved on bot AI and introduced them into APB for use during low player count games. The idea was to allow lone players to join up and experience a "populated" server while they hang out, and as human players join in they substitute in for the bots until the playercount gets high enough.

TSR 2 will be getting this feature as well, so players can enjoy some light action before the players start piling into the server.

7 hours ago, Lamasvale said:

So, the last few days i've been trying to be more active in-game and in the W3D community (Discord, Forum) and, (maybe i'm wrong, please tell me if i am) i've noticed that, even though we have this many people interested in these games, and we have so many discussing about them, the actual playerbase is quite small

Usually, when i go and play some, i open the launcher and i see this
image.thumb.png.c284128de1ecb20e7df94ec5de52ad73.png
The mods, that i'm the most interested in, and love, have 0 players, almost constantly.

You’d have to be more specific as to which however generally,

During Afternoons/Week days IA sees

5-45 players depending.

APB sees 

4-25 players depending. (Group events are in high 20’s and happen every month or so)

ECW sees 

1-5 players depending. (This is largely a single player type game however).

Reborn is a little slow but there are events.

As you can see a majority of population happens at this time (Eastern Time). 

(Add yourself as a player to the discord server of the game you want and you will be pinged whenever there is a large game going on if you would like)

Someone needs to find that guy that ddosed RC for a week and pay him to do it for a month or so.

Tbh

Jokes aside(or was I?), a small update would probably bring more players to the fold. Maybe even give GDI and Nod some new toys in IA. Or maybe some new maps, RC got a bunch of new maps including SiegeDB(dblaney?) to bring players and they had over 20 for a couple of days now.

That guy was the one who's been flooding RenX and parts of W3D(TT servers). It stopped after we got the right settings for the firewalls, then he went back to hitting RenX more after that. I prefer him to not, thank you very much.

You weren't just now joking; you were pissed that I didn't unmute you yesterday.

Yeah, Dblaney did rework Siege, and we added it. Maybe it was a goodwill sort of thing.

even though we have this many people interested in these games, and we have so many discussing about them, the actual playerbase is quite small
its because people who only talk (for example DMB):words: dont have time to play and vice versa lol
and because some bad guys removed interim apex server from renlist after they realised they cant stand fair competition:xD:

Edited by TemporaryName

41 minutes ago, TemporaryName said:

even though we have this many people interested in these games, and we have so many discussing about them, the actual playerbase is quite small
its because people who only talk (for example DMB):words: dont have time to play and vice versa lol
and because some bad guys removed interim apex server from renlist after they realised they cant stand fair competition:xD:

That was a bit uncalled for, don't you think?

As a note, the incident in question was resolved internally and the details need not be discussed. Unless I'm wrong (and if you've been involved with the internal talks, please correct me if I am) it's water under the bridge at this point.

Water under the bridge for most, though I do understand the sentiment of our playerbase. They are free to express their opinions, although I may have to advise against wishing a DDos attack on others.

I don't believe in coincidence(s); it's definitely someone who reads all of our forums. They decided to hit the one they didn't do once previously. Attack away, dingleberry, that one isn't important in a playercount aspect.

clp6077.thumb.jpg.56705fde9ed3e84c1d39f419f22f6538.jpg

Edited by shaitan

9 hours ago, shaitan said:

I don't believe in coincidence(s); it's definitely someone who reads all of our forums. They decided to hit the one they didn't do once previously. Attack away, dingleberry, that one isn't important in a playercount aspect.

clp6077.thumb.jpg.56705fde9ed3e84c1d39f419f22f6538.jpg

2CE3B78F-420C-4E93-B2CC-3CF62822CE7B.thumb.jpeg.098eea3030f65ba0d2f0b662c8e358bd.jpeg

• 2 months later...

I think you guys should all make posts on Reddit & other communities related to gaming to spread the word. Everyone involved with W3D did such a phenomenal job with the games & servers but I never knew about it so I think that's the issue that's really keeping the number of players small.

Not that people wouldn't want to play, just that many people aren't aware but if someone made posts about it every once in a while in other communities & social media then it would definitely reel in more curious players as I'm sure many would be extremely surprised to find that Renegade is still online & kicking.