Sign in to follow this  
OWA

Where's Reborn Gone?

okay but for real, folks.

what we have here is a situation where the producers of this game had to make a decision. ALL of the producers.

Wally felt like he needed to be respected for both who he was as a perso

Whoever keeps editing my posts, this is getting ridiculous.

I'm obviously gay, why do you feel the need to hide it?

I'm coming out, as a flaming HOMOSEXUAL

Edited by Rabbit
gay

1 minute ago, Rabbit said:

you're the shit faced little twerp who wouldn't shut the fuck up, ever

Lets clean it up a little bit guys, you too discy.

who even, why would someone sell me this piece of crap account? if you can just delete my posts I don't even think I want it any more

Can I edit posts if I've been muted? Oh shit! I can! Awesome! Okay, I sobered up and I found a dick to chase, so bye!

Edited by Rabbit

Jokes aside, I hate the fact that it came down to this, but it is what it is. Best we can do is learn from our mistakes and move forward. Hopefully for a better future for all.

KY, I love you buddy, like i said, I'm gay and I like dudes, but if you keep shoving your dick in my face eventually I'm going to suck it

This is, quite honestly, the absolute worst time for this kind of drama to pop up, only a few days after the open-source announcement for the benefit of our modding community. Meanwhile, in one corner of the modding community, we have this legal tangle. But I'm sure that wasn't considered when the "terms" were set forth...

I do not understand wallys' decision here, As far as i know wally haven't done anything for the game for quite a while now, and even though those assets do fall under his ownership, that doesn't mean he has to disallow the devs from using it. He has the rights to do so, but this decision he made was just general douchebaggery. I respect all the work that was put  into TSR and everyone who works/worked on it, but this is just childish, in my opinion.

I log in for about first time in 1 year? Maybe more?

I take a quick look at all those posts and... What kind of mockery is this? I can understand OWA/W3D decision, since its most reasonable one.

Wallywood has been absent for about a year or so from the TSR project (I think).

Then this is a huge example of a dick move if true. Might aswell happily extract those assets and tell him to shove it. Thankfully (Hopefully?) it's not a massive setback.

Yet still, Excuse me but
theultimatewhat.thumb.png.b96397648a9aa0e083d00f75acca94d8.png

5 hours ago, VERTi60 said:

This is sad to hear, hopefully a compromise will sort this out in future. Would hate to see a BHP kind of split again between producer teams, esp. after so many years of rebarn work over the years.

Honestly, W3DHub is a united front over this matter, and across the line stands Wally, by himself.

46 minutes ago, Lamasvale said:

I do not understand wallys' decision here, As far as i know wally haven't done anything for the game for quite a while now, and even though those assets do fall under his ownership, that doesn't mean he has to disallow the devs from using it. He has the rights to do so, but this decision he made was just general douchebaggery. (...)

Rights are a funny thing and differ per region. I'm sure there are laws in place as well that would brand Wally's actions as illegal, because he hid this secret legal ownership documentation (and continues to do so to this very day). He let people work on TSR under false pretenses, taking advantage of people to work for his personal benefit. Unfortunately until he provides the legal evidence we're unable to move forward.

The entire TSR2 team felt abused by Wally. Note how I say TSR2 team - Wally was never ethically part of this team due to his complete absence the past year. He'd only come up occasionally to complain about things and plainly never just be satisfied with the work and decision we made as a team. He'd constantly second-guess everything without having any expertise or rational arguments to back up his thinking.

But perhaps we need to be glad he decided to reveal his 'contingency plan' now and not shortly before TSR2 was release-worthy. The assets he walks away with now, are not a functional game. He has no means to spin up anything other than the 2013-era iteration of the game that he claims to hold ownership over.

Ultimately it is the players who lose here. TSR2 was mere months away from a release, and there was work put into it which will now never see the light of day.

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion and I do not speak for W3DHub.

22 minutes ago, oxi said:

I've been away for a long time

I have not seen your name in a very long time, Oxi.

6 minutes ago, Raap said:

Honestly, W3DHub is a united front of this matter, and across the line stands Wally, by himself.

Rights are a funny thing and differ per region. I'm sure there are laws in place as well that would brand Wally's actions as illegal, because he hid this secret legal ownership documentation (and continues to do so to this very day). He let people work on TSR under false pretenses, taking advantage of people to work for his personal benefit. Unfortunately until he provides the legal evidence we're unable to move forward.

What wally did is very illegal in most places, especially in the US and EU. Was there any contract signed about the assets or any kind of ownership regarding said assets? If there was, did it include any statement about his ownership? Since he was hiding the ownership for the assets, he committed contract violation, since everyone who has signed this, before mentioned contract, has the rights to know everything about it, before signing, or contributing to a project which is based on it.

(Disclaimer: I'M NOT A LAWYER, OR A PROFESSIONAL. I STUDIED RIGHTS FOR 1/2 A YEAR AND DROPPED IT, I MIGHT HAVE JUST SAID COMPLETE BULLSHIT, BUT FROM WHAT I KNOW, WALLY HAS COMMITTED A CRIME BASICALLY. 
[Disclaimer 2 Electric Boogalo: This post based on the assumption of a contracts existence, if there wasn't any contract, then what wally did was legal, but questionable.])
Please correct me if i'm wrong.

RIP Reborn, once again.

8 hours ago, OWA said:

The intention of this document was to defend against Bluehell Production's claim over the project when we split away [stole the forums] and formed W3D Hub

1F9DnlI.gif

Man this sucks ass. I loved playing TSR but as always some butthurt jagoff has to come and ruin everything. The mod was already dead with little activity every two months or so. Why even bother to go through all of that just for ‘muh assets n shieet’. 
Grow up you big baby.

19 minutes ago, SilverShark said:

bandicam-2020-05-27-15-23-43-311.gif

IA next?

Dream on.

3 hours ago, Mighty BOB! said:

Nightcrawler, WNxCABAL, ExDeath, Dark Angel, Paradox, Phyre (especially not Phyre, because he's deceased), Kalle Bowo, PermaGrin, Halo38, Sloth, Fabian, Mick, and anyone else I've forgotten (potentially including Havoc89 and the other Tiberium Aftermath artists) in order to get them to sign off on a rights transfer to him.

I worked with these people and tested with the original Reborn Team back with Renardin before APB had gotten the project. Now sure Wally can claim rights, but not intellectual property. This is more of a right to reproduce issue than a property issue. Wally is not arguing that he made the mod assets, but that he has the reproduction rights. AKA claiming publishing rights. 

So... how close was Reborn 2.0 you ask? In my mind we had to balance aircraft and tweak infantry recoil (spoiler we added a little recoil, because guns feel more powerful and real with that). From previous videos/posts in the last year you know 2.0 had reworked lighting, new maps, new building models, new textures, sprint function, better explosions, and etc. give it a few months and it could’ve been ready...

Also the meeting in question that was last weekend, how do I know? Because W3D team never cancels a test match. 

As to Wally’s motives? Who knows? EA owns the C&C franchise so he can’t make money off of the project. He could try and brag TSR 2.0 is his in a job interview, but that would be intellectual theft and easily disproven. Does he disagree with creative content/direction? Who knows he hasn’t disagreed before that I know of. Is this a jerk move to delay an ongoing collaborative work from being released before summer’s end? Absolutely. 

... Will this tarnish Wally’s good name and create animus toward old producers and his legacy... I’ll let you be the judge. 

My thoughts - Some children don’t play nice with others and so they need to play dodgeball by themself-

Disclaimer: the above are my thoughts and opinions and in no way represent W3D hub or it’s stance toward the issue at hand

Hey guys, Rabbit here, formerly known as Zee Hypnotist, creator of such videos as "C&C Legos" and "Zee Hypnotist gargles balls"

What you have to realize here, is that this was not a decision made lightly. This was a decision made after days of negociations, proclamations, and declarations.

Wally literally offered to hand over control of his files to someone on W3D Hub. Sure, there were some minor strings attached (mostly just to make sure he was still recognized for his contributions), and sure, he would still retain ownership of the files. But the game would continue. The work would continue.

But does that make me a closet homo? Of course not. I'm loud and proud. But me being gay is irrelevant. Why would you even bring that up? What the hell is wrong with you?

1 minute ago, Rabbit said:

Hey guys, Rabbit here, formerly known as Zee Hypnotist, creator of such videos as "C&C Legos" and "Zee Hypnotist gargles balls"

What you have to realize here, is that this was not a decision made lightly. This was a decision made after days of negociations, proclamations, and declarations.

Wally literally offered to hand over control of his files to someone on W3D Hub. Sure, there were some minor strings attached (mostly just to make sure he was still recognized for his contributions), and sure, he would still retain ownership of the files. But the game would continue. The work would continue.

But does that make me a closet homo? Of course not. I'm loud and proud. But me being gay is irrelevant. Why would you even bring that up? What the hell is wrong with you?

Hey man, Nothing wrong with being Gay. :)

9 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

3dQcEQF.jpg

Are you alright lad?

EDIT: I actually mean this as a serious question. If you need a talk or anything, just ask, there's more than enough people who would be willing to talk.

3 minutes ago, Nodlied said:

Are you alright lad?

Oh my god, you have no idea how much that means to me. Thanks so much for your concern. You beautiful bumble bee.

But let's keep things on topic here. Tiberian Sun Reborn is not just a game, but a revolution. To see it die so suddenly is like that time my grandpa shit his britches and then collapsed due to an infarction. We just can't repeat those same mistakes. I pulled the plug on my grandpa, sure, but I don't see why we have to do it to Reborn

13 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

This has been clearly communicated, but thank you for irritating on it once again. The fact that the files would remain in that state creates an atmosphere that no content creator would want to work under.

That's a lot of time and investment for people to work under when someone who has broken a lot of trust with said creators to put into creating content for a Project such as this. For it all to be possibly taken away at any moment if something isn't met along the terms that could be shakily used as a reason. 

He also didn't offer to hand control over the files, because control is defined by who can give and take them away. What you are referring to is use, which has been addressed in the original which edited by both OWA and Wallywood.  

Just now, TeamWolf said:

This has been clearly communicated, but thank you for irritating on it once again. The fact that the files would remain in that state creates an atmosphere that no content creator would want to work under.

That's a lot of time and investment for people to work under when someone who has broken a lot of trust with said creators to put into creating content for a Project such as this. For it all to be possibly taken away at any moment if something isn't met along the terms that could be shakily used as a reason. 

He also didn't offer to hand control over the files, because control is defined by who can give and take them away. What you are referring to is use, which has been addressed in the original which edited by both OWA and Wallywood.  

See, I sort of see this as a capitalism vs communism situation.

Wallywood, while not always present, was still a team leader throughout a significant period of construction of this series. He spilt his blood, sweat, and a little bit of pee pee at times trying to build the game up to the magnanimous creation that it is (or was) today.

Meanwhile, you haven't taken any apparent breaks. You have been here from start to finish, as far as I can tell. One of the founders, standing tall with his ship.

And yet... War of Assassins still looks like absolute garbage. I'm very puzzled by this.